Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why quote my comment and refer to a thread to read?
Because if you actually read the thread on 41 blown 2.7’s you’d actually know it’s not about thousands of 2.7’s and a small amount of blown motors. It’s about a specific date range of motors and a known parts supply issue at the Lima plant. The data and graph show that if your motor Julian date is within the hot zones, your motor is at risk.

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because if you actually read the thread on 41 blown 2.7’s you’d actually know it’s not about thousands of 2.7’s and a small amount of blown motors. It’s about a specific date range of motors and a known parts supply issue at the Lima plant. The data and graph show that if your motor Julian date is within the hot zones, your motor is at risk.
Are you always so cheery on Forums? I don't even have my Bronco yet so I am not in that pool of people. All I know is that I am new to this Forum and a lot of people on here absolutely are in constant mode of cranky.

I stand by my opinion that a lot of hyperbolic statements are thrown around in regards to the Bronco and its "Ticking Time Bomb of a 2.7 Motor" etc.

I was familiar with that thread and honestly got sick of reading all the negative comments in it so I stepped away.

I have my order choose to embrace the wait and hope new Tech is revealed by time mine is built (maybe the all digital cluster in the Raptor for other models, etc) and not be in a constant state of anxiety or anger over the time it takes to get one.

My original comment was to the OP and sympathetic to what they are going through and hoping they get a quick resolution.

If you want snap back, don't bother. You want to talk Bronco then I am all in on chatting.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No actually I’m not grumpy at all. But after we get the “it’s just 41 engines out of thousands and thousands of 2.7’s” ad nauseum, some of us just get tired of having to clarify what the data shows.
For me, and for you, who will have motors of later build dates, it’s probably not a concern. But for those in the specific build ranges where the number is significant, we’re trying to force ford to acknowledge and make sure those folks are taken care of in some fashion. Yes- it’s under warranty. But there are major parts constraints as you know, and the possibility that not every item will be properly taken care of at some dealerships. It’s a giant cluster for those affected.
So I apologize for coming on a little strong. My bronco is being built today and I’m very excited for it to arrive at some point!

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No actually I’m not grumpy at all. But after we get the “it’s just 41 engines out of thousands and thousands of 2.7’s” ad nauseum, some of us just get tired of having to clarify what the data shows.
For me, and for you, who will have motors of later build dates, it’s probably not a concern. But for those in the specific build ranges where the number is significant, we’re trying to force ford to acknowledge and make sure those folks are taken care of in some fashion. Yes- it’s under warranty. But there are major parts constraints as you know, and the possibility that not every item will be properly taken care of at some dealerships. It’s a giant cluster for those affected.
So I apologize for coming on a little strong. My bronco is being built today and I’m very excited for it to arrive at some point!
We all Support you

Sav426

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m so jealous and can’t wait see the photos of your ride!!! Just in time for Spring. You are lucky man
Sponsored