drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's a touch of reality for the 'bleed ford blue' crowd who keep saying "don't fret; its under warranty". Getting a car repaired today is almost impossible. So, maybe you really need TWO Broncos to get out & enjoy the WILD as Ford advises.

Bronco seems less reliable than a 200,000 mile toyota
What do you mean. How do you expect to put the wild in your adventure if you’re not stranded
Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
kingcon99

kingcon99

Base
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
As promised. Checked hoses and at first glance I’m not noticing anything loose, though I’m inexperienced and likely have missed some.

A0AC2178-CB74-4D5E-9539-A4E6CD4E472E.jpeg

Sponsored

jjack50

Black Diamond
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 VW Jetta TDI, 2016 F350 4WD Crew Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can you please consider filing an NHTSA complaint against the engine? Unfortunately, this seems like our only path towards @Ford Motor Company being proactive about this.

The hope is that the NHTSA opens an investigation into this ongoing issue with the 2.7s.

Here is the link: https://www.nhtsa.gov/report-a-safety-problem#vehicle
If you read one of the posts above you will see Ford Motor Co has already been pro-active on this case Without a filing to NHTSA.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you read one of the posts above you will see Ford Motor Co has already been pro-active on this case Without a filing to NHTSA.
Yeah right

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And they’ll continue to not give info to the issue. Filing the report to the NHTSA is to try to get this issue forced upon Ford to address.

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s not proactive, that’s reactive.

It’s nice that they respond to the occasional message board post after someone’s engine explodes, but how about they do something for those of us driving ticking time bombs before we end up stranded in the forest or lose power on the highway with our families.

Please file the NHTSA complaint. It’s more than warranted.

Hailey Jo

Badlands
First Name
Hailey
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.haileyjohnson.realtor
Vehicle(s)
1977 Ford F-150, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all!

I took ownership of my 2021 Base 4dr Sasquatch 2.7 Bronco in November of 2021. I’m just shy of 2k miles (about 1,975) and the other day while on the road my shifting became irregular, power dropped substantially (extremely slow off the line, acceleration very sluggish, hills were challenging for acceleration), and the engine bay began making some… electronic noises?

This was accompanied by the following error messages and dash lights. Earliest I could get it in to my local dealer is the end of the month, so just playing a waiting game. Anyone have experience with these? Curious what the issue is beyond these messages and whether or not it’s an easy fix.

i did use my a/c for the very first time and am wondering if perhaps it caused some electrical shorts, but that’s probably just me trying to explain the sudden issues haha.

Thanks! Hopefully this doesn’t become commonplace amongst owners!

Ford Bronco Sudden onset performance issues A0AC2178-CB74-4D5E-9539-A4E6CD4E472E

Ford Bronco Sudden onset performance issues A0AC2178-CB74-4D5E-9539-A4E6CD4E472E

UPDATE:
engine code below. i could not see or feel any loose clamps, though as someone inexperienced I’m sure there are more I did not check.

eerrr engine code didn’t load: EF06A21273131023
I am sorry to say this sounds like exactly what happened to me. I'd take it to your dealer asap whether or not they can start work. If it is what happened to me, you won't be driving it and they'll need to start ordering parts asap - including a new engine. It took my dealership 33 days to get everything in and work completed. The parts were the main hold up. If your dealer doesn't have loaners/rentals like mine did, I'd call Ford asap and ask for reimbursement on a rental or for your car payment to be reimbursed. I chose reimbursement since I didn't want to pay up front for a rental and wait on a refund. Best of luck to you! It is very frustrating, but my dealer was personally fantastic throughout the process and Ford made it right by offering me free services for life.

Sponsored

UncleBuck

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof, I'm starting to think maybe being out in the remote wilderness in a new Bronco is a bad idea.

Has anyone tried a Toyota engine swap yet? ;)
To be fair, a Bronco in limp mode probably puts out just as much power as a 4.0L Toyota.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That’s not proactive, that’s reactive.

It’s nice that they respond to the occasional message board post after someone’s engine explodes, but how about they do something for those of us driving ticking time bombs before we end up stranded in the forest or lose power on the highway with our families.

Please file the NHTSA complaint. It’s more than warranted.
If not mistaken, believe this is the first time we've seen Ford respond to a possible blown 2.7 on a thread. May have accidentally walked into this one.

First Name
wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 bronco ii x5
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wastegate stuck closed sounds very possible and also would match the driving symptoms, if a gate is stuck close it would build max boost and blow the motor but it caught it and is now dumping boost and not building any (guessing). Honestly you guys are like the mob grabbing pitchforks for 2.7s when this doesn’t seem to match up to dropping a valve or blowing a motor at all. Besides when most 2.7s go they shut down and cannot be driven home.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As promised. Checked hoses and at first glance I’m not noticing anything loose, though I’m inexperienced and likely have missed some.

Looks like it was built Sept 30th of 2021. Which I believe is in the blown engine window that the other thread is tracking. Hope it’s not that! Good luck!
Sponsored