First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have you checked to make sure all hosing and clamps are tight.

I’ve heard of the air intake etc. hosing coming loose and causing very similar symptoms. Would throw a code as well.
I’ll check this when I get home while I get the engine code information, though I’m not super familiar with all the hoses and clamp locations, but I’ll check all I can see!

Thank you everyone for the responses.

Romano

Badlands
First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bmw/Honda/Ford
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all!

I took ownership of my 2021 Base 4dr Sasquatch 2.7 Bronco in November of 2021. I’m just shy of 2k miles (about 1,975) and the other day while on the road my shifting became irregular, power dropped substantially (extremely slow off the line, acceleration very sluggish, hills were challenging for acceleration), and the engine bay began making some… electronic noises?

This was accompanied by the following error messages and dash lights. Earliest I could get it in to my local dealer is the end of the month, so just playing a waiting game. Anyone have experience with these? Curious what the issue is beyond these messages and whether or not it’s an easy fix.

i did use my a/c for the very first time and am wondering if perhaps it caused some electrical shorts, but that’s probably just me trying to explain the sudden issues haha.

Thanks! Hopefully this doesn’t become commonplace amongst owners!

26F9FBB8-D892-4CDF-BD3D-23A26CC820FF.jpeg

2BA4D238-CE5F-44F2-A9D7-AAE753F007C8.jpeg
Check your intercooler , turbo hoses.. clamps

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am so sorry for you. This is most likely another blown motor. Just read up on what to do carefully before you take any action. Make a very detailed record of everything you do and who said what when and get it in writing if at all possible. Blown motors are not fun but all too common with the 2.7 of the Bronco.

Sponsored
OP
OP
kingcon99

kingcon99

Base
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am so sorry for you. This is most likely another blown motor. Just read up on what to do carefully before you take any action. Make a very detailed record of everything you do and who said what when and get it in writing if at all possible. Blown motors are not fun but all too common with the 2.7 of the Bronco.
Thank your for your thoughts and suggestions! Fingers crossed :).

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Have you checked to make sure all hosing and clamps are tight.

I’ve heard of the air intake etc. hosing coming loose and causing very similar symptoms. Would throw a code as well.
Shop forgot to tighten the clamps for the hoses on my turbos on my F150 2.7 when they were replaced under warranty. One of the hoses blew off and the engine was very sluggish. If you tried accelerating the turbo would make a very loud whooshing noise. Maybe that’s the sound op is referring to. For some reason it never threw and CEL codes. On the other hand a Chevy 1.4l single turbo with disconnected intercooler winds up and screams like a jet engine and throws codes immediately.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof, I'm starting to think maybe being out in the remote wilderness in a new Bronco is a bad idea.

Has anyone tried a Toyota engine swap yet? ;)
NOPE, I want to be able to run at 75+mph

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hi all!

I took ownership of my 2021 Base 4dr Sasquatch 2.7 Bronco in November of 2021. I’m just shy of 2k miles (about 1,975) and the other day while on the road my shifting became irregular, power dropped substantially (extremely slow off the line, acceleration very sluggish, hills were challenging for acceleration), and the engine bay began making some… electronic noises?

This was accompanied by the following error messages and dash lights. Earliest I could get it in to my local dealer is the end of the month, so just playing a waiting game. Anyone have experience with these? Curious what the issue is beyond these messages and whether or not it’s an easy fix.

i did use my a/c for the very first time and am wondering if perhaps it caused some electrical shorts, but that’s probably just me trying to explain the sudden issues haha.

Thanks! Hopefully this doesn’t become commonplace amongst owners!

26F9FBB8-D892-4CDF-BD3D-23A26CC820FF.jpeg

2BA4D238-CE5F-44F2-A9D7-AAE753F007C8.jpeg
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Sponsored

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, Jon, it is under warranty. Nice touch with the drama-masquerading-as-advice, though

Ford Bronco Sudden onset performance issues 20210617_182300_resized

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ill preface this with, it sucks to have your new Bronco break, I feel for the OP.

All the rest of the ones with their pitchforks, no comment that I can make that has not already been said many times about when the engine was made and if the issue has already been fixed. Where's the person with the dead horse GIF.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Also, service date is the 28th... Earliest I could find in my area.
Here's a touch of reality for the 'bleed ford blue' crowd who keep saying "don't fret; its under warranty". Getting a car repaired today is almost impossible. So, maybe you really need TWO Broncos to get out & enjoy the WILD as Ford advises.

Bronco seems less reliable than a 200,000 mile toyota