Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Installed the @Suma Performance mirrors after the most recent group buy.

Needless to say, I'm happy with them. For some reason the viewing angle on the factory driver's side mirror is just... really bad, feels like you can't actually see anything. The Suma mirrors definitely help you see more in the blind spot, which was the primary reason why I bought them.

Ford Bronco Suma Performance mirrors review & photos/video — I'm impressed! 1706550491728

The only downside I've noticed is the "white" mirrors aren't quite as clear as the factory mirrors. I assume that is a result of the anti-glare coating. Not a huge deal, but I'll admit when I'm wearing sunglasses on a partly cloudy day, those mirrors do get darker than I would like. But it's a very a small price to pay for the increased viewing angle.

Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
These mirrors are easily one of the best things I did to my Bronco in terms of daily driveability. I couldn't get used to the terrible FOV on the OEM mirrors and these made changing lanes 100x easier.

Only downside is that they ruined driving my wife's car for me since the FOV on her mirrors are super narrow too. Need to see if I can find something like this for her car soon.

Useful_Habits

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Good post. I’ve been sitting on my new Suma mirrors waiting for a good weather day to install. I’m actually replacing the base mirrors with the cutout. Unlike the guy in the video, I hate those mirrors.

Jamyers77

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the same idea as you with the recent warm weather. I could not get the clips for the BLIS to release though. I'll wait until the next nice day to try again. Any tricks you didn't mention in the video.

Sponsored

Boreal

Badlands
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cspencephoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got them in the blue anti-glare, 10/10 mod! Glad you are enjoying them too @RagnarKon. The Driver side is far to narrow, IMO all trims should have come with the Non-BLIS mirror that have the wide corner - they are far superior than any blindspot dot

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely screwed up the amber light connectors on both while taking off the oem mirror. I spliced them together but still getting fault so if anyone knows if my red to purple and white to green is correct before I try again? Are the other two black connectors interchangeable or those are specific left and right?

IMG_5827.jpeg

bumyoon

Heritage
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Heritage Edition 4-dr manual.
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Installed the @Suma Performance mirrors after the most recent group buy.

Needless to say, I'm happy with them. For some reason the viewing angle on the factory driver's side mirror is just... really bad, feels like you can't actually see anything. The Suma mirrors definitely help you see more in the blind spot, which was the primary reason why I bought them.

Ford Bronco Suma Performance mirrors review & photos/video — I'm impressed! IMG_5827

The only downside I've noticed is the "white" mirrors aren't quite as clear as the factory mirrors. I assume that is a result of the anti-glare coating. Not a huge deal, but I'll admit when I'm wearing sunglasses on a partly cloudy day, those mirrors do get darker than I would like. But it's a very a small price to pay for the increased viewing angle.

Just watched your youtube video. This is probably one of the most underrated mods that you can do to your Bronco in terms of day-to-day use improvement. Haven't thought about it until your video...now I'm gonna have to wait for the group buy....

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks like a solid mod. Can you clarify how to remove the difficult connector? Would have been great to show a picture with an actual vehicle in a blind spot and the elimination of such with new mirror. Kind of hard to show that now without reinstalling old mirror...

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have them from the original group buy. Love the field of view.

IMO, I think the driver's side view difference is just because it's convex for the increased FOV, unlike most every other driver mirror produced, and that shrinks the object sizes from the 1:1 we're used to.

One word of note. The heated portion is only about 75% of the mirror. The vertical strip of 25% nearest the outboard bezel is unheated and "left unheated for the turn signal option not available on the Bronco" per Suma.

Probably not a big deal where you all live, but here in the frozen hellscape of Hoth, every little bit helps.

Ford Bronco Suma Performance mirrors review & photos/video — I'm impressed! 20231120_090000

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like a solid mod. Can you clarify how to remove the difficult connector?
Yeah I probably should have put it in the video.

So the BLIS connector has a plastic retaining pin on the connector itself. That one is easy, just a simple "push down on the plastic tab to disengage the lock" that is common with just about every other electrical connector on automobiles. The only thing tricky about it is that it is VERY tiny, but you can get a fingernail on it to push it down without too much issue.

Additionally, it has two plastic tabs molded into the mirror housing that retain the connector to ensure it doesn't fall out. These guys are the pain. So in order to successfully remove the connector you have to move those two plastic tabs out of the way AND push the retaining pin on the connector itself. Definitely possible, just feels like you need three hands to do it.

Ford Bronco Suma Performance mirrors review & photos/video — I'm impressed! 1706624666339

Would have been great to show a picture with an actual vehicle in a blind spot and the elimination of such with new mirror. Kind of hard to show that now without reinstalling old mirror...
That's what I (attempted to) show with my Focus parked in the background, but didn't quite work out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I completely screwed up the amber light connectors on both while taking off the oem mirror. I spliced them together but still getting fault so if anyone knows if my red to purple and white to green is correct before I try again? Are the other two black connectors interchangeable or those are specific left and right?

Ford Bronco Suma Performance mirrors review & photos/video — I'm impressed! 1706624666339
You have your wires backwards. The Gray/Violet wire is ground, while the Green/White wire is power. Just need to switch them, and it should work assuming the LED didn't blow out.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have been very happy with mine. I know some folks don't care for that 10mm by 5mm logo at the bottom. I don't even see it anymore.
This is the reason I returned mine. I was in the first batch of pre-orders and none of the images they showed us beforehand had the logo on them.

I usually stay away from aftermarket parts where branding is displayed...they could have put the branding on the back...