Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if the glove box bag is the same for all trims, or if they went the extra mile and matched colored stitching :unsure:
Sponsored

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We need someone to take out a wildtrak, and definitively tell us if Baja 2A will "be the same as sport mode" My vote is it will not.

Heart2

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for the information! Your review was especially helpful to me since I am on the fence about the number of doors that I want. You write like an automotive journalist!

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Thanks for posting your feedback and opinions.

Sponsored

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the 2 door review. I agree these little FCTP vignettes keep us going. I'm with you on the minimalist / fun approach. This coming from kayaking, backpacking, and Triumph Spitfire / Datsun 240z / Pontiac Fiero SE camping (where you need to have room for tools and maybe a fire extinguisher).

Looking forward to the NH Off-Roadeo as well.
Omg...
I used to camp out of a '76 280Z!
Part of the fun was organizing gear to get it to fit... kind of like playing Tetras. 😁

In recent years, most of my camping was with a pickup; it was too easy to get carried away with gear. I'm looking forward to my 2-door forcing me to go back to a simpler set up.🥰

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is literally my exact build, inside and out. Please bring it to Colorado immediately. I'll let you take it over Black Bear Pass a couple of times but then it's coming home with me.

Kidding...but seriously, this is exactly what I have on order. Thanks for all the info - makes the long wait more bearable.

Is that Shadow Black or Antimatter Blue? I can't tell in the rain. Either way, it's stunning.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I tried to upload an acceleration video but it’s saying the file is to large.
Thanks for trying. I have a feeling that they are pulling timing in the low gear to make it more "friendly" off the line. It will be interesting to see what the maps really look like and whether they change based on gear/speed.

How was it when it was on the boost?

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I spent over 90 minutes examining and test driving a 2021 Bronco 2-door Outer Banks. My journey to owning a Bronco is structured around a series of events which give me data for decision making. I know, sounds way too analytical and you are correct. Despite my best efforts to stay objective, waves of shear joy crash over me during events like this and today was no different.

We all know the waiting for our Broncos with no known day/month/year of arrival is excruciatingly difficult. The human spirit needs moments of "Bronco Joy" the way a starving person needs food. If possible, find a Bronco or multiple Broncos to test drive. I guarantee you will enjoy the process.

I had the great pleasure of examining a Bronco and test driving it with no one looking over my shoulder. I was given limitless time but kept myself to approximately 90 minutes due to my own sensory overload.

I tried four of the GOAT modes and had a favorite. I programmed the navigation system to test the functionality and used it to return to the dealership. I operated the digital cluster to better understand the intuitive design and loved the use of color for each GOAT mode. I blasted the music and put the windows down and up to understand the effect. I watched the puny rear wiper blade clear the rain drops off the rear window. I experienced the shear joy of backing up while viewing the 12” monitor. On and on and on with no limits on my exploration.

I will say, I went into this process with my list but quickly decided to just have fun. Lots of fun! Although it was wonderful, I did have an important objective. How would I feel owning/driving a 2-door? To answer that question, I needed to observe many individual items/actions. I was attempting to determine through direct observation if I felt the way one feels when wearing their most favorite pair of jeans. Yes, that is how I felt today!

Go find a Bronco and have fun! Happy to answer any questions.

UPDATES / ANSWERS:

It might be helpful if I highlighted my top three favorite and unexpected features during the test drive.

I absolutely loved how the 2-door felt nimble and maneuverable in the extreme. This is a FUN vehicle.

My F150 rides like a limousine (soft) yet the shocks and suspension cause you to lose fillings in your teeth over potholes. I was literally blow away by how you get the best of both worlds in a Bronco. It gives you just enough road felt and yet the pothole jarring is removed. I traveled the exact same roads in both vehicles to compare the results. All this in a 2-door! Geniuses designed this vehicle.

Also, you need to experience the 12” monitor to genuinely appreciate the image. It will knock your socks off.

I could go on and on, but there you have my top three.

I was debating if a Bronco is worth waiting for until 2022. Absolutely!!

None that I noticed. Of course, I was thoroughly testing the stereo and the verbal commands via the navigation system. Compared to my Sync 3 in the F150, the Sync 4 appears to be much better!

Thank you! My message is the same to all. You need to find a Bronco and complete a test drive. It is an off-the-scale level of joy. Now more than ever, we all need this!

I drove the 2.7L and loved the Sport mode. Peppy!

The 4-doors are great, but my focus will remain on the 2-door. Had the 2-door been a disappointment then my testing would have been centered on the 4-door. I absolutely loved the 2-door and could not be any happier. :)

I experienced no hoppy or bouncy effect. I love how you experience some road feel and yet the pothole jarring is absorbed by the suspension. I did not expect any of this in a 2-door.

Yes, it was raining off and on. Not a heavy rain, but enough to require a jacket. The temperature was 60 degree, but no wind so it was OK by New England standards.
The interior was the cloth blue/gray. The floor was carpet. It looked fine, but New England has trees, rocks and mud. That interior might not like the mud if you know what I mean. ;)

Yes, I love the design of the cloth seats in the OBX. Pic attached. Love how the front passenger seat reclines.
3BEAFD48-2400-4F08-942C-97C892C84847.jpeg

The seats felt wonderfully supportive and that was a surprise! I am not use to cloth seats so that was hard for me to judge. My Bronco comes with MGV and I tested that at a separate event in Portsmouth, NH.

I plan to stay the course with my Badlands. However, I would like to test drive a Bronco with Baja mode and switch from 4H to 2L to find out if the ride is "spirited". I suspect it is since that is the approach the Raptor community use to simulate a juiced up Sport mode.

Regarding the 2-Door, I have come to understand driving one is very much a lifestyle choice. I happen to embrace a minimalist approach to life. All my gear is a carry over from my years spent camping out of a kayak. The gear is compact and light weight.

For me, less is more. That translates into more nimble, more maneuverable, more access to tight trails. I look forward to the day I navigate the switchbacks on Black Bear Pass in Colorado with ease.

Growing up I was surrounded by family members who all wanted more. More of everything. Now I have something they will never have. I have enough!

Perhaps my choice of the word "Peppy" could be improved. Since it was a test vehicle, and my first time behind the wheel of a Bronco, I was cautious. The test OBX was not Sasquatch. It appeared to have stock wheels and tires. See pics below.
OBX wheels.jpg
OBX tires.jpg

During my review and test drive I took many pictures. I will share below a few with comment. The "discoveries' were perhaps nothing new, but they added to the joy of the moment.

The 12 inch monitor has unbelievable clarity. I had great fun using it while backing up.
12 inch monitor.jpg

A was constantly switching GOAT modes and at times loss track of which mode I was currenting using. You can see in the pic below I was in Sport mode due to the "S" in the top left corner of the digital panel. What you may not pick up on is the use of color to help as well. Excellent design!
Bronco Digital Cluster.jpg

I discovered a collection of documents as well as the tool kit in the glove box. Did not study each. Perhaps next time.
Contents of Bronco Glove Box 2.jpg

I love how you can easily flip the rear seat head rests back to give you an unobstructed view out the rear window.
Rear seat head rest.jpg

We sometimes joke about the size of the rear window wiper, but it does the job just fine. Actually, I thought the visibility out the rear window was excellent and a great surprise!
Rear window view out.jpg

One aspect of a vehicle I enjoy is a comfortable place to rest your arm while the window is open or closed. This was another pleasant discovery. Love the Bronco interior door design.
Door arm rest.jpg

Bronco 2-Door
Bronco 2-door.jpg

My F150 parked next to the Bronco

Bronco and F150.jpg

Broncos being gathered for Northeast Off-Roadeo. Many more to follow. All Badlands 4-Door soft tops. Stunning!

Broncos for Off-Roadeo.jpg

Happy BuzzyBud Selfie

BuzzyBud Selfie.jpg
Just want to say that I would gladly read anything you write, regardless of length.
Some out there shut down if something has more than three sentences.
I tend to be verbose in my posts as well, but I am analytical and try and make sure details are covered and explained, as you did very well here.

Articulate, logical, well-laid out with good pictures and descriptions.
Good info, and a great post. One of the best in a long while.

Enjoy your new 2 Dr. once you get it, and thanks for making the forum a better, well-informed, and positive place.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We need someone to take out a wildtrak, and definitively tell us if Baja 2A will "be the same as sport mode" My vote is it will not.
Ya, I have a feeling that there will be some differences, I want both Baja and Sport Mode... Hopefully Forscan will make this a potential possibility (or at least to re-map a mode so that it can emulate Baja mode - for instance have Sand mode be identical to Baja mode). Mostly because I want to be in control of whether or not my front camera is enabled above 20 mph.

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Omg...
I used to camp out of a '76 280Z!
Part of the fun was organizing gear to get it to fit... kind of like playing Tetras. 😁

In recent years, most of my camping was with a pickup; it was too easy to get carried away with gear. I'm looking forward to my 2-door forcing me to go back to a simpler set up.🥰
I camp every weekend out of my Suzuki SX4. Sometimes I bring a friend. After many years of doing long backpacks and having to fit everything in a pack - tent, pad, bag, stove, food, fuel, etc. - the little Suzuki seems luxurious. I'm not going to know what to do with all the space in a 2-door Bronco!

Pickups are nice though...especially on clear nights. You don't even have to set up a tent - just lay a sleeping pad in the bed.

I think us 2-door people are in for some grand adventures.

OP
OP

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the information! Your review was especially helpful to me since I am on the fence about the number of doors that I want. You write like an automotive journalist!
I have no training or experience with journalism. I am simply a Bronco enthusiast. I love the idea of owning a Bronco. I did have a moment when I contributed as a bit player while our Bronco history is being written. I am the guy in the bottom row, center, Warren P. (I have advanced the video to the moment.)
I guess all these moments help sustain my enthusiasm when the going get tough.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome report!

I absolutely loved how the 2-door felt nimble and maneuverable in the extreme. This is a FUN vehicle.

The 4-doors are great, but my focus will remain on the 2-door. Had the 2-door been a disappointment then my testing would have been centered on the 4-door. I absolutely loved the 2-door and could not be any happier. :)
I would like to hear your thoughts on a comparison if you can find a 4dr, mainly how much less nimble it feels.
Sponsored