Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Be careful, this is what a test drive did to us. The 2.3L engine with the 10 spd is an amazing combination. The torque, and power come on quick when to push hard on the "go" pedal. It will also return very good mpg's if you keep your foot out of the turbo. The only complaint I have with the combo is the tuning Ford put in it. The tranny wants to stay in the higher gears so long to eek out that one iota of gas it lugs the engine at slower speeds. With this one that's around 25 mph. But, sport mode cures that quickly. With that said I'm going with the 2.7L in my 4 door Bronco just because I want one. :)

100_5250.JPG
A lot of truth in this post.

It happens to mirror the (multiple) comments i've made in other threads about the 2.3 (that @kylearmani should be searching for..... The threads, not my comments specifically).

Only problem with the above is that the the cure for how absolutely incompetent the 10-speed automatic is, is NOT to buy a 2.7/10-speed. It's to buy a 2.3/Manual combo.

PS: Here's our Ranger.... Superb motor, total POS transmission..... Fixed with Bronco!
Ford Bronco Test driving ford ranger Ranger and Fleetline 2

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs