The Bronco information drip feed

Paint

First Name
Jack
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
I'd expect to see the Sport first. It's coming out several months sooner.

Still would like another drip drop please sirs.

Advertisement

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
Perhaps I’m biased but based on pics of the exterior and the spy shots of the interior, I’d prefer this guy over a Crosstrek or the Renegade. It’s really the Escape that should’ve been.

ALSO! Where’s our big Bronco news?! It’s been too long.
The thing you have to remember is Escape is replacing Fusion. So in other words, Crossovers are now sedans and these vehicles - Bronco Sport - are actually capable versions of the crossovers they're based on. I hope that makes sense. When Farley talked about silhouettes in the video that was released after it leaked that Ford was killing off sedans, this is what I'm trying to refer to. I just can't remember if that video was public. The shape of Ford vehicles would be moving to something different, some vehicles would evolve into totally different types but possibly retain the same name. That's why Escape is just nothing but a tall, large hatchback car. I think it's a pretty slick strategy considering that given the choice, 80% of the public chooses the SUV/CUV option over the traditional sedan every time.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
This was over on the Bronco Sport forum. So now they're testing the Sport in nothing but a dazzle wrap. Wonder what this means about the possibility of Broncos appearing with a wrap and no foam? Would be nice to have some new pics for the spank bank is all I'm sayin'.

https://www.broncosportforum.com/fo...onco-sport-on-the-road-looking-like-lr4.1044/

FC1B77A0-2F6B-47C4-9D94-325519A0A757.jpg
Have they said what this is going to have over an escape or explorer that it makes it part of the Bronco family? (and No, I'm not trying to start another naming discussion, just asking)

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have they said what this is going to have over an escape or explorer that it makes it part of the Bronco family? (and No, I'm not trying to start another naming discussion, just asking)
That hasn't been discussed. There's a bar that they'll use to measure this, but I don't know what it is.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
The thing you have to remember is Escape is replacing Fusion. So in other words, Crossovers are now sedans and these vehicles - Bronco Sport - are actually capable versions of the crossovers they're based on. I hope that makes sense. When Farley talked about silhouettes in the video that was released after it leaked that Ford was killing off sedans, this is what I'm trying to refer to. I just can't remember if that video was public. The shape of Ford vehicles would be moving to something different, some vehicles would evolve into totally different types but possibly retain the same name. That's why Escape is just nothing but a tall, large hatchback car. I think it's a pretty slick strategy considering that given the choice, 80% of the public chooses the SUV/CUV option over the traditional sedan every time.
Was the new escape upgraded to the length and WB of a fusion?

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the new escape upgraded to the length and WB of a fusion?
I can't remember. Think of it more as filling the hole left by Fusion when it leaves.

LorenzeTorres

First Name
Lo
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/ 2002 BMW M3/ 2016 BMW M2/ 2016 Triumph Thruxton R
@ChrispyKC Thanks for sharing that information. That’s an interesting take on the evolution of the body shapes of new Fords in America. Even in Europe the new Puma looks more crossover oriented than its late 90’s Ancestor that came in a sporty coupe form.

But to keep things relevant in this thread... I WANT MY NEW DRIP OF INFO ON BIG BRONCO!

All I’ll need to know to is if it comes with heated and cooled seats. Fox Live Valves or does it even come with Fox’s at all?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / 00 TJ
So it is interesting to me that “cars” are sort of going back to the future as far as upright body style is concerned.
C8A0D68A-9557-4F05-A256-DC5D491233EB.jpeg
99CC1CBC-16FC-42E8-8E1A-55DFCA89C66B.jpeg

Adk_st

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Focus ST '57 CHEVY 6400