Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t think there’s ever been any official pricing from Ford yet. I believe the 10K figure is an estimate of the retail price of all the individual components to make a hard top, if you ordered them from Ford. At some point, theoretically, Ford should offer a complete hard top “kit”, and clearly it will be quite a bit less than 10K. How much is anyone’s guess, but I don’t think it’s going to be much less than ADV’s top when it comes down to it…
There is no good reason really that the full hard top, available from the Ford parts department under a single part number, wouldn't be in the same ballpark as its equivalent option from Jeep. The grossly inflated estimates people were getting early on were from exactly that scenario. Trying to piece out every single individual component, each having their own retail markup and some if not most purposely overpriced to deter parts departments from doing so when they were having difficulties getting enough pieces to keep the assembly line moving. There is no way, with the economies of scale that Ford can leverage, that the hard tops will be anywhere close to $10k once they reach a point in capacity where they can offer the them thru the parts departments.
Sponsored

GrandLarseny

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The two different textures of plastic look pretty rough. In particular I'm talking about the plastic on the B pillar and the plastic for the hardtop. Is it any better in person? Will the plastic be made to match the factory texture for the production version?

Squatch Parade

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
There is no good reason really that the full hard top, available from the Ford parts department under a single part number, wouldn't be in the same ballpark as its equivalent option from Jeep. The grossly inflated estimates people were getting early on were from exactly that scenario. Trying to piece out every single individual component, each having their own retail markup and some if not most purposely overpriced to deter parts departments from doing so when they were having difficulties getting enough pieces to keep the assembly line moving. There is no way, with the economies of scale that Ford can leverage, that the hard tops will be anywhere close to $10k once they reach a point in capacity where they can offer the them thru the parts departments.
they will definitely do this after they catch up on hard tops. it's still a constraint right now. the $10k comes from ordering all of the parts. they're intended to be service parts, not an accessory kit. when the accessory does eventually come out it will probably be around 4k. ford will want to be a little pricier than jeep to imply they are better, but also stay competitive. the new ford hard tops are fantastic, we know several people with them here. i would be really surprised if a company with 100 years experience couldn't do a better job than a fiberglass company that looks like they've only been a legal business for maybe 5 years.

evgenyvasenev

Badlands
First Name
Evgeny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
vasenev.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, but it should be reposted whenever there is a major update or especially with an announcement such as this. I get that it's also one of those if you have to ask, you can't afford it accessories. I have not seen an official price on the OEM hard top of 10K however. I try to keep up with this forum but of course still miss a lot.
It has been on the website for a while as you can preorder the hardtop since March as I remember.

Sponsored

Moto26

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 4x4 SuperCab STX -- 2016 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Oh I absolutely will. I've already packed up my Sony A7C, you got some full frame 24 megapixel goodness coming if the team can accommodate me for a few minutes.
We would be happy to accomodate you! I would personally like to show you around, send me an email to [email protected] and I will set up a meeting time for you.

FOR ALL READING, meetings are not required to come by and see the Bronco. Drop in visits are fine.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
By what method would this thing ship? What would the packing box size be?

Most everyday delivery services don't man the truck with two people to offload oversized heavy items. Is it some special delivery service with a lift on the back like a furniture store or something?

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

By what method would this thing ship? What would the packing box size be?

Most everyday delivery services don't man the truck with two people to offload oversized heavy items. Is it some special delivery service with a lift on the back like a furniture store or something?
Yes we offer liftgate service for our hardtop deliveries. All hardtops are shipped via LTL Freight.

smoot618

Badlands
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@ADV Fiberglass When do you expect to have the modular hardtop prototype completed and ready for testing? Can’t wait to see the modular top and curious how far behind in production it will be behind the one piece. Thanks for any info you can give on this.
I’d second this. Is it the expected month difference originally, or more? It would make me think about switching to a single piece for my pre order

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Our shop bronco is WAY too modified to provide the correct decibel reading. However switching from the soft top to our hardtop is a VERY noticeable difference.
You know what would be WAY cool? Running a oem hard top and yours on the shop bronco. That’s the meat and potatoes right there. We see the decibel difference between the 2. Will know if you made a good product or not. No mods, no pool noodle or tape. Just straight up 2 tops with the noise difference. I plan on doing it and posting it after my Andersons carbon top show up.

OP
OP
ADV Fiberglass

ADV Fiberglass

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.advfiberglass.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’d second this. Is it the expected month difference originally, or more? It would make me think about switching to a single piece for my pre order
Modular hardtop will be ready for viewing closer to SEMA
Sponsored