John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ugh. Unfortunately, for me, since I am going with a base with sasquatch, it looks like it will save me more money to go with the $2,000 below MSRP at Laura Ford (now that Xplan is off the table). I was looking forward to the trip to WV.

That may or may not be true. Rule of thumb, from what I've read on forums, the MSRP should be around 3.5 to 4% ABOVE invoice.

Using some arbitrary numbers, let's say the invoice is $30,000. If we add 3.5% we get $31,050. Take off the $2k, it would be at $29,050 + any ADM/DOC fees or whatever else is thrown in. Ours would be $30k - $1000 = $29,000 + our known doc fees (+ tax) of $265.

This is all dependent upon what the MSRP actually becomes, if the MSRP is higher than 3.5% above invoice, there's more savings going with our invoice - $1000 + $265 doc fees deal.

/john
Sponsored

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That may or may not be true. Rule of thumb, from what I've read on forums, the MSRP should be around 3.5 to 4% ABOVE invoice.

Using some arbitrary numbers, let's say the invoice is $30,000. If we add 3.5% we get $31,050. Take off the $2k, it would be at $29,050 + any ADM/DOC fees or whatever else is thrown in. Ours would be $30k - $1000 = $29,000 + our known doc fees (+ tax) of $265.

This is all dependent upon what the MSRP actually becomes, if the MSRP is higher than 3.5% above invoice, there's more savings going with our invoice - $1000 + $265 doc fees deal.

/john
John, how is the invoice price calculated at the time of ordering? Are invoice prices included in the order books you get from ford?

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

/john

so... put on the "support other small dealers hat" - that means that 3% below MSRP is still a good deal, if the invoice is not available?

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

/john
All of my calculations are just based on this spreadsheet I got off of this site calculating for a 4 door base. I plan on adding Sasquatch and switches.

20201020_120351.jpg

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not with you but just wanted to drop in and say thank you to @StephensAutoCenter

It’s honorable you’re keeping your word and gives me some hope for dealers in the future.

Hank 615

Badlands
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ugh. Unfortunately, for me, since I am going with a base with sasquatch, it looks like it will save me more money to go with the $2,000 below MSRP at Laura Ford (now that Xplan is off the table). I was looking forward to the trip to WV.
Also you will save a couple bucks on the Sasquatch package since it will also be at invoice price. It's probably still better for you to go through Stephens from a pricing standpoint.

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

John, how is the invoice price calculated at the time of ordering? Are invoice prices included in the order books you get from ford?

I can't really answer that, as I don't work on that side of the dealership. I am just going by the "rule of thumb" as mentioned on these forums and others as being 3.5-4% over invoice.

Invoice is substantially lower than MSRP.

Our "invoice" will include the $1495 Destination and Delivery charges (D&D), that's what is invoiced to us from Ford and that's what we'll be using less the $1000 savings.

/john

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@StephensAutoCenter I'm ready to switch my reservation. I assume I can just switch and I'm good to go right?

I'm in the DC area and currently have my reservation w/ Ted Britt.

Yes, sorta. I'll send you a "Welcome Aboard" email, you'll then need to remit your reservation fee either by check or call our accounting department with a credit card over the phone (after a few hours or a day or so after switching).

/john

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Also you will save a couple bucks on the Sasquatch package since it will also be at invoice price. It's probably still better for you to go through Stephens from a pricing standpoint.
yup and last I checked I was hovering around 7-9k on additional package options not even including accessories soo it gets exponentially better at invoice price vs MSRP.

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yup and last I checked I was hovering around 7-9k on additional package options not even including accessories soo it gets exponentially better at invoice price vs MSRP.
yeah but if you have a base + sasquatch - then it is all reflected in MSRP - so instead of having a $$ amount of msrp - it would be better to have a % off msrp - right ?

OP
OP
StephensAutoCenter

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

yeah but if you have a base + sasquatch - then it is all reflected in MSRP - so instead of having a $$ amount of msrp - it would be better to have a % off msrp - right ?

If the amount off of MSRP is lower than the -$1000 off invoice.

/john

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any idea on shipping costs to Birmingham, Alabama area? If our reserve timestamp was early, like 3am the morning the servers came back up for reservations at launch are we still going to get our order early even if you get a flood of reservations? I basically dont want to want until Sept 2021 for a vehicle I reserved within hours of launch if that makes sense.

Bronco-chris

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord LOL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, sorta. I'll send you a "Welcome Aboard" email, you'll then need to remit your reservation fee either by check or call our accounting department with a credit card over the phone (after a few hours or a day or so after switching).

/john
Perfect. Once I receive the message I'll get the ball rolling. Thank you
Sponsored