Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A sound hypothesis you have.

I think quite a few of the 165K plus people that made reservations are going to be upset and some will cancel when they find out many of the items shown were smoke and mirrors.

The Bronco6g community is probably less than 5% of the Bronco owner wannabees, maybe only 1% to 2% realize not all items shown will be available, upset people and cancellations, yes, I think there will be some.
Most of them probably don’t even remember most of what they saw. ??‍♂

dangerzone79

Black Diamond
First Name
O- -O
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond & 1972 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This has to be corrected by Ford doesn’t it?
It just doesn’t even look right and seriously, it looks cheap. Grey plastic mixed with black, that needs to be corrected.
It's a real bad look. You wouldn't think they'd wanna roll out a mismatched cheap looking product. Not sure why you'd throw a top on that doesn't match door handles, tires, rims, grill, mirrors, hood tie-downs, bumpers & possible interior or even window tint. Gray? Why?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The gray top especially is confusing. would like to hear Ford’s reasoning behind that
If I had to come up with a guess that doesn’t involve someone at Ford thinking it looks good in gray, it would be that maybe the “molded in color“ aspect of it is the problem. It could be the case that the very thing that makes it strong and lightweight, might not allow for a true black. Just a guess.

Sponsored

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you’re picky about anything (aesthetically, particular option, etc. etc.), Ford has made staying at lower trim levels a real pain point for most everyone. Of course that was their intent.

Maybe they spent the customer communication strategy time figuring out how/what to restrict (and possibly what to make ugly - Gray hardtop?). Priorities, priorities.
Um, they do that in order to keep the price down for people like me, who want a basic, affordable and competent SUV. There are a lot of standard features that are not standard on the Wrangler.

Of course the good stuff is saved for more expensive trims. Otherwise every Bronco would be a Badlands, and every Wrangler would be a Rubicon, and there would be no way in hell someone like me could actually afford it.

If that were the case, I'd probably end up with a Ranger (or F-150) XL 4wd instead, or a vehicle outside of the Ford arena (not Wrangler and definitely not 4Runner/Tacoma), giving up the things I love about the basic trim Bronco (manual, short wheelbase/overhangs, etc).

But, yeah, I guess Ford should put everything on the base model and charge $30k for it. They'd lose money on every single one, but at least the internet would be theoretically happy.

I'm happy that Ford is building the Bronco I want. I'm also happy that they're also building the bad ass versions for those who want it.

Repeat "customer communication" as much as you want. They did consult owners, but I suppose to shut up all the bitching and moaning, they should build each Bronco totally bespoke, and exactly like each individual wants it, except that individual plans to buy it used.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Um, they do that in order to keep the price down for people like me, who want a basic, affordable and competent SUV. There are a lot of standard features that are not standard on the Wrangler.
No argument about a base Bronco, it’s most likely what I’m ordering.

I’m referring to the locking away of relatively simple options to higher trim levels. If you want heated seats from Ford it will cost you about $7,000 - BB plus mid.

The BB trim itself is $5K for $2k-$3k of options (and the “privilege” of being able to order the Mid Package - Mid not available on Base). Compared to every other trim, the Base is a steal.

Its not unusual, it’s how everyone does it. But once upon a time, manufacturers made cars that you could add simple options to without going so wildly upscale.

And “they do that” to maximize profits.

Last edited:

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They were bit meant to be concept vehicles. Ford knows what they are doing.

Step 1: Build hype for years

Step 2: Launch bad ass vehicle.

Step 3: Keep hyping the vehicle and make the wait so long that eventually customers will just purchase whatever you actually release.

Step 4: Release vehicle with none of the most aesthetically pleasing retro features/color combos.

Step 5: Wait a year.

Step 6: Slowly trickle in features/colors customers actually do want so they will trade in/upgrade like an annual iPhone.

Sponsored

Colorado buff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner 2000, Mini Cooper convertible
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They were bit meant to be concept vehicles. Ford knows what they are doing.

Step 1: Build hype for years

Step 2: Launch bad ass vehicle.

Step 3: Keep hyping the vehicle and make the wait so long that eventually customers will just purchase whatever you actually release.

Step 4: Release vehicle with none of the most aesthetically pleasing retro features/color combos.

Step 5: Wait a year.

Step 6: Slowly trickle in features/colors customers actually do want so they will trade in/upgrade like an annual iPhone.
I totally think they are doing this. The paint colours are a good example. As they aren’t the fun bright colours of the original bronco.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I totally think they are doing this. The paint colours are a good example. As they aren’t the fun bright colours of the original bronco.
To be fair, the original Bronco came out during the golden age of fun colors. The color palette of the mid-60s to the mid-70s is probably one of the most diverse in the history of the automobile.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ll be pissed if this combination manual and automatic transmission all rolled into one is a fake and not available to order!

Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 6F331CDC-9C0F-454F-A85F-031C037887B8
I guess it will just stay in “M” the whole time. ?

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be pissed if this combination manual and automatic transmission all rolled into one is a fake and not available to order!
I really hope you're kidding
Sponsored