dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Of all the info we’ve gotten, the only part that doesn’t make sense are the reveal Broncos. It’s becoming increasingly clear that some of the details on them aren’t meant for production (MY21 at least). So it begs the question. Were these meant for an auto show reveal that never happened because of a delay and then later, COVID-19? LA, Chicago, and New York shows would have been options (pre-virus).

I think there would be less flack from the peanut gallery (us) if they were thought of as concept vehicles instead of “pre-production models”. Because Ford did it the way they did, we have people assuming:
  • Black or white sport bars
  • Black textured top
  • White top, door handles, fenders...
  • White interior
  • Baseball glove and charcoal/black interior
  • 37” tires
and countless other details that have yet to materialize. I know things got “interesting” for the whole world this Spring, but they had to know what showing these vehicles would do labeled as anything other than a concept. What do you all think?

theory-shot.jpg

529239C6-39D3-4C34-9EE5-6BBD03B83D13.jpeg
F6A9CAD8-D19A-42A6-A5FF-2C199C4F27B6.jpeg
97025D2A-E349-4680-827D-D845A422FE3B.jpeg
EBD5A640-B5AC-499A-A8A4-DAED33D398C6.jpeg
Of all the info we’ve gotten, the only part that doesn’t make sense are the reveal Broncos. It’s becoming increasingly clear that some of the details on them aren’t meant for production (MY21 at least). So it begs the question. Were these meant for an auto show reveal that never happened because of a delay and then later, COVID-19? LA, Chicago, and New York shows would have been options (pre-virus).

I think there would be less flack from the peanut gallery (us) if they were thought of as concept vehicles instead of “pre-production models”. Because Ford did it the way they did, we have people assuming:
  • Black or white sport bars
  • Black textured top
  • White top, door handles, fenders...
  • White interior
  • Baseball glove and charcoal/black interior
  • 37” tires
and countless other details that have yet to materialize. I know things got “interesting” for the whole world this Spring, but they had to know what showing these vehicles would do labeled as anything other than a concept. What do you all think?

theory-shot.jpg

529239C6-39D3-4C34-9EE5-6BBD03B83D13.jpeg
F6A9CAD8-D19A-42A6-A5FF-2C199C4F27B6.jpeg
97025D2A-E349-4680-827D-D845A422FE3B.jpeg
EBD5A640-B5AC-499A-A8A4-DAED33D398C6.jpeg
I look at it like this. If you don't like the interior color combinations you can either get seat covers or have it re-upholstered. If you don't like the color combination you can have a custom paint job done.

That's part of the draw of the off roading life style customizing your rig to make it your own.
Sponsored

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very concerned we aren’t getting a white top for 2021

Have we seen any photos of a white top on anything other than the cactus gray car with special interior (presumably built for auto shows)?
I dont see why a white Top would be so hard? When you’re painting all the modular tops for the Oxford White Broncos, throw an extra white Top for my... (insert any color here)!

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford gets to hear it from you now, when they don't offer white seating option and you complain it isn't offered, or they can hear it from you later when your bright white seats become dingy, stained, and horrible looking later after you have been on the trail for 20k miles. They chose the former.
The gray light interior they showed on the prototype images is a good example, it doesn't have to be white. I hope anybody with some common sense knows that extra care and downsides come to a light interior color.

Xodric

Badlands
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Manitoba, Canada ( Born/Raised in Kansas )
Vehicle(s)
1978 Bronco XLT, 1979 F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very concerned we aren’t getting a white top for 2021

Have we seen any photos of a white top on anything other than the cactus gray car with special interior (presumably built for auto shows)?

Are you able to order a Bronco with the topper color matching the paint of the Bronco?

Sponsored

Little tornado

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is disappointing that Ford made a black hard top for the reveal Bronco and then gave the production Bronco a grey hard top.

2021 Ford Bronco Day Ride Along Event 2.jpg

Screenshot (1149).png
I think there will be optional tops that are either painted black or painted the same color as the body or.... the plastic black hard covers .... the ones that they revealed recently had black painted tops which I think look so much better ?

D189B340-E097-4CDE-A08C-B9D14809D191.jpeg

D7F2C197-9D9E-4375-B4FA-D05769247782.jpeg

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, the original Bronco came out during the golden age of fun colors. The color palette of the mid-60s to the mid-70s is probably one of the most diverse in the history of the automobile.
The reason for the colors is that is what America buys... not wants... buys!
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 1597601888251

Here is the website:https://www.carmax.com/articles/car-color-popularity

Here is Ford’s truck paint chart Mid 70’s can you imagine being Ford, spending millions on customer custom paint only to find out you invested thousands on “Bay Tree Green” for 20 people to order it? All the wasted money...
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 243F65D9-8545-4176-B109-8FAE3F878A5E

However, as said elsewhere in this post. We are a distinct minority!

make mine Mexicalia Red!

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, but it's gray. It should be black.

The only way I'll go for a painted hard top is if white is an option.
You best get comfortable with gray then.
I know standard (unless you keep your FE, but still painted black which you don't want) is gray and it sucks, but you can do something about it.

Last edited:

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got black, white, grayish with greenish, grayish with blueish, grayish with brownish, silver, two reds, two blues, and a yellowish/orangish/goldish...

Ford exec: We got every color covered?

Ford designers: yep!

Ford marketing: according to past purchasing trends. The Bronco buyers will be totally stoked and no complaints whatsoever! They don’t like colors, and only dark interiors.

Ford exec: good!

Bronco Buyers: fine... just give me my

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think the names of the trims, are confusing...

Outer Banks = Florida, (beaches)
Uh, I would think that was Virginia, and North Carolina. OBX stickers rival Slut Salt Life stickers in many parts.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There's only one color MIC hardtop and it's not gray and it's not black. The color is like you took black, gray and a bit of blue and mixed them all together. I don't see why they didn't just go with black, but as of right now, it is what it is.
I agree the gray top looks like shit, especially the bluish hue.
Bummer, but at least there is a solution. Painted shadow black, just like the FE enjoys.

DennisMurray

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet Equinox
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The reason for the colors is that is what America buys... not wants... buys!
Ford Bronco Theory: The Two Reveal Broncos Were Meant To Be Concept Vehicles 243F65D9-8545-4176-B109-8FAE3F878A5E

Here is the website:https://www.carmax.com/articles/car-color-popularity

Here is Ford’s truck paint chart Mid 70’s can you imagine being Ford, spending millions on customer custom paint only to find out you invested thousands on “Bay Tree Green” for 20 people to order it? All the wasted money...

However, as said elsewhere in this post. We are a distinct minority!

make mine Mexicalia Red!
I'd have a slight semantic disagreement - the colors that are sold are the colors that the dealers choose to put on the lot for an inventory vehicle - and represent safe choices that people are fine with buying. If I were the inventory planning manager for a chain of dealers I'd probably be averse to risk, and not buy a lot of expensive cars in what are (perceived) to be colors less popular with the public.

If more cars were sold on a made-to-order basis like everyone on this site is currently contemplating - colors would like vary a lot more.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It’s not really wasted money if you only paint what was ordered. They add extra cost to lots of paint colors nowadays. Just make the cool colors extra. BTW, I’m digging those greens you posted.

Mario3241

Base
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think you are pretty right on this one. I still do not understand why light interior colors are not offered, they gray is really nice.

Look, even Hyundai has some nice light interior colors and designs....

2020 Palisade

If it’s there’s no white or tan interior, I’m probably opting out. I can’t do black seats. The white vinyl is what sold me on the Black Diamond.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is somewhat normal, I guess some didn't follow the Mach-E reveal by Ford. They tend to show a ton of "could/would/should". Hence why they take such a small deposit and give you a way out. However the shadow black top hardtop is available, a lift kit will absolutely be available (if not from Ford form a million other manf), the interior will be what you see later this year.
Yea, this forum actually put a link out of an article about the Bronco suspension and in it a Ford rep said that suspension upgrades are being worked on. He even mentioned long travel (or something along those lines) being normal for IFS front ends and Ford is working with someone to put something out for it.
Sponsored