toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
once we hard core buyers are sated, Ford's gonna have to appeal to the couples who wander around dealerships & pick something that's attractive & comfey. That might take some changes from the soon-to-be released B&P
I think Ford really wanted the under $30k tag for launch. I expect Base model pricing to increase substantially (as compared to other trims) over the next two years to eliminate the big value gap (relative to the additional equipment you receive) between Base and Big Bend. They lose the under $30k tag with the first price increase anyway.

Ford wants BB to be the volume seller for most “casual” customers (as the price sensitive option to OB).

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So is there a body color painted top option? I feel as if I read gray and painted black. Then at some point possible body color, but that may be no more.

curious if they are doing body color tops? That means there will be a white top.
Is it possible that could be purchased from ford? Or would it be easier to get the ugly gray and have it painted?

I will have a white top no matter how I get there. Just curious on the best path.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keeping my fingers crossed for the Bronco SuperCab option... ??

Sponsored

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I’ve been pointed to this for several other questions.
Where is this information from?
Other than “leaked”? And at what point/date was it leaked?
Obviously at some point Ford thought they were offering body color painted tops as they were on the website. And then they changed their mind and took them away from the website.
So the information in thread you point me to probably isn’t worth a whole lot as things have changed.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford would probably LOVE to have the profits & margins they had in the 70s. I wouldn't hold out today's auto business model as something to emulate.
In the 70s during the oil crisis, big car collapse and Asian invasion? ..... ?

JK

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I hope there will be a way to mount a tablet to the large and empty dash.
It’s already got a giant screen in the dash. Plus, isn’t that area for the airbag?

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
So the information in thread you point me to probably isn’t worth a whole lot as things have changed.
Ford didn’t realize the information could be accessed - it was not intended for release. Ford didn’t change their minds about how the vehicles will be equipped, they just shut off access to that information - which was presumably not in final form.

That info, with some additions/tweaks is what you will see in B&P.

Reactions: RLW

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No argument about a base Bronco, it’s most likely what I’m ordering.

I’m referring to the locking away of relatively simple options to higher trim levels. If you want heated seats from Ford it will cost you about $7,000 - BB plus mid.

The BB trim itself is $5K for $2k-$3k of options (and the “privilege” of being able to order the Mid Package - Mid not available on Base). Compared to every other trim, the Base is a steal.

Its not unusual, it’s how everyone does it. But once upon a time, manufacturers made cars that you could add simple options to without going so wildly upscale.

And “they do that” to maximize profits.
Guys, they can't allow for full customization; costs too much. Only high end luxury companies allow you to get whatever you want wherever you want like Porsche, but you'll pay a king's ransom for the privilege.

If you want a base stripper, that's what you get, the lunchtime special. Base with heated seats? Heated seats aren't a must have, just keep your coat on; you're saving money remember?

That is the attitude of car manufacturers and it helps them keep down costs. Besides, the factory would totally screw up everything. It's like the fact that restaurants have menus. Go to a true custom a la cart restaurant and you'll pay several hundred before you even start drinking.

If the "looks" are so important, then pay to get the "look" you want. Work harder for it, save more, sacrifice, whatever. Or, take what you can or want to afford and enjoy the capability that you do get. Base doesn't get the 12" screen either and it shouldn't, just install an iPad on a rail and be done with it. Make it an android tablet if you want to save some coin.

No one is going to give us the farm for free. Other option is allow the aftermarket to make up to difference and build as you go.

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll be pissed if this combination manual and automatic transmission all rolled into one is a fake and not available to order!

EBF5EE05-C94E-4C43-98FA-9C2994BF1807.jpeg
My God dude, that is not a stalk shifter! When has anyone ever made a shifter on the left hand side of the steering column? NEVER.

That stalk controls dash options, or the lights, or something like that.

SkullsWalk

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI 3-Door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My God dude, that is not a stalk shifter! When has anyone ever made a shifter on the left hand side of the steering column? NEVER.

That stalk controls dash options, or the lights, or something like that.
You gotta zoom in, he was pointing out the auto's P, R, N, D, M tree on the dash in a manual tranny truck.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Guys, they can't allow for full customization; costs too much.
Not offering the Mid package on a Base Bronco has absolutely nothing to do with it costing Ford too much money to make it available from a production cost standpoint. In their view it does “cost” them too much in lost revenue/profit.

Ford restricts the Mid Package to BB and up to encourage buying the BB. They want your extra $7,000, not just your $2,000 for the Mid Package. The margin difference (as a percent and in $’s) to Ford between a Base Bronco and a BB with Mid is gigantic.

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're gonna see a lot of people just not buying first year. We've waited 25 years, what's one more? There are guys like me that buy one and keep the truck no matter what. I'll find out build exactly what I want and that's what I walk away with. I waited a year for my Gen 1 (MY 2011), and another 4 months for it to get built to my liking, and never "upgraded" to later MYs. I even want to swap to the blue highlight interior, but those parts are "locked" by a VIN look up, which my truck didn't have that option in that model year. It was a 2013 offering. I'm still not going to go further in debt by buying a truck that has it just for them to get more money, so they've never gotten another truck out of me in an attempt to "upgrade". Maybe few people are like me and that business model works, but it's annoying. I'm also stubborn, so I'll turn to the aftermarket and those companies can take my money. Not arguing with ya, just kind of reinforcing it but also saying their Jedi mind tricks won't work on the strong willed.
I hear you. I’m not saying everybody would upgrade at the drop of a hat if they release a Raptor or a buyer’s favorite color, etc. but I’m sure there are a lot people that would. Just like how a lot of people upgrade their phone annually or bi-annually, and there there are people that use it until it breaks. Ford isn’t marketing to people that buy once.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You gotta zoom in, he was pointing out the auto's P, R, N, D, M tree on the dash in a manual tranny truck.
Not what he circled. That graphic could possibly be digital and won't likely be there for final production or maybe a software update.
Sponsored