Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wish I had brought a USB charging cable. Attended Moab two weeks ago and got a mid package. Spotify and pictures made quick work of my phone's battery.
Sponsored

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to my first this weekend so I don't have a lot to add at this time. But wanted to start the thread so that others can share their wisdom about off-rodeo.

What do you wish somebody would have told you beforehand? Good or bad.

My first bit of intel I'd like to christen this thread with is: where to stay.

The events all have a "preferred host" hotel they recommend, but I'm learning this don't mean shit. Yes, you get a bit of a discounted rate. Not a lot, however. And the places tend to be pricey to begin with. Also - I assumed that the reason the hotel was "preferred" was because they would provide transportation to the event from that hotel. Not so. You'll need to rent a car or arrange a cab to get you there and back to your hotel.

The reason I wish somebody would have told me this ahead of time is: I would have picked a cheaper hotel. LOL Since there really is zero advantage to staying at the preferred place a motel 6 would have suited me just fine.

Anybody else have something to add? Something you brought that you didn't need? Something you needed but didn't bring? Whatever
We did Moab in the spring 2 nights at preferred lodge Red Cliffs I believe, room rate a little pricey but no regrets views are amazing. Had vouchers for breakfast which was outstanding one dinner at lodge which was way overpriced take the 1/2 drive into Moab beautiful drive for better meal. Recommendations for rodeo don’t worry about what color your vehicle is but do get to the front of the line you get to watch and learn from others and you’ll be able to have your windows down w/o getting dusted out. Make sure you add a couple of days for NPs if you’ve never been there.

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I went to New Hampshire recently and I wished I had looked sooner for a place to stay because it was far to expensive and hard to find anywhere open about a week before I went. Another thing was that I was not aware that because I did not bring a guest, I had a credit of 200$ to purchase items. I actually spent 75$ for a zippered hoody. I was leaving and ran into another owner and he said why didnt i purchase more with my credits. I went back and they were closed. So I otherwise nice time turned into a loss. All well, at least I got to drive the Bronco in the woods and learned quite a bit about driving the Bronco and my wife found a very nice room to rent from Airbnb.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Vegas. Confirmed they do NOT have a shuttle last week.

Was a little shocked. As a guy who has organized events in the past - I just assumed everybody did this. One of the advantages normally to staying at the recommended hotel.

No worries. I've already reserved a rental car. I've got all day Sunday to kill so it will allow me to explore a little.
We did that one. 1) bring sunblock, you’ll be standing outside during discussions. 2) they did add coffee but you’ll be waiting a bit at the gate. 3) you’ll have to wait at the gate for them to come down to you at start time. If things are going well, it’s quick. Our day was rough. 4) make sure you have enough room in your luggage for the merch you want to buy. I went buck wild and the cooler was almost too big to bring back on the plane. 5) It’s way out there, so check for anywhere you want to stop going to or coming from - SBUX was like 11 miles away. 6) don’t forget your sunglasses 7) volunteer to participate and get involved in the discussion it’s more fun.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OF COURSE pets would not be allowed at an event like this. What's the deal with people taking their little damn dogs everywhere these days?
Inside restaurants and stores is ridiculous. I leave my real size dogs at home.
+1,000,000

Sponsored

VehiChase

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Ford Bronco (bought 99), 14 Xterra, 89 Daytona
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great Thread ...

Myself I done Austin back in July of this year. The Austin facility was awesome.. beautiful all the way around. People there was amazing and I really enjoyed the day.

Here are a few things that stick out about my Austin Trip:

Arrival - I DROVE from Nashville. So I got a sticker for that..haha. If you drive there you can park up front near the entrance. I also got a pat on the back and another sticker for owning and driving my 89 Bronco since 99... I have to plug that when I can.

The lunch and dinner was awesome - no complaints. Was way nicer than expected

Got a Yeti tumbler when I arrived - I have managed to have this thing within an arms reach since that day

The course was great - and since I was a single.. I had the instructor ride with me. So I felt that I got first hand knowledge straight from him. Great guy - chatted him up the entire time.

Bring your GO PRO! So I rode in a badlands with the sas package ( which closely represented my FE ) They did go around and ask everyone and tried to accommodate what you bought to what you drove that day. One thing was that my Go Pro cable was short.. because in the model Bronco I was driving there was not a USB charger up on the dash. So if you bring your Go Pro.. bring a mount and a longer than normal cable to provide power! Got some good videos

Bring a Hat - I forgot mine at my sister in laws.. what a drag

Lastly - I am a pretty open guy so I buddied up with some people at the dinner to swap videos. If you go alone... try to find another person that may be alone. At least maybe you can swap out some videos/pics at the end of the run. I attached one that a nice couple sent me. There was another guy there I still have videos of that was there that day - maybe if he sees this I can finally send to him

All in all - it was a awesome time. If you got a FE they "give" you the equivalent of $200 to spend at the gift shop. So I went for the Yeti cooler embossed with the Bronco logo.

Bronco offrodeo1.jpg

offrodeo3.jpg

offrodeo4.jpg

offrodeocooler.jpg

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I literally have nothing that I wish I'd known first. It was fantastic! I'm lucky enough to live only a couple of hours away from Austin so I didn't need to spend the $ staying there. I guess I could say I wish I'd known how great it would be, but then why ruin the surprise.

iamcris

Badlands
First Name
Cristian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I stayed at Red Cliff's lodge for the MOAB Off-Roadeo which was on the same property. Loved the entire experience. After the experience I feel more connected to my Bronco now. I attribute this to the trail guides and their expert guidance. Tried to prepare beforehand with backpack, water, snacks, phone charger. I honestly wish I knew how much fun it was going to be and to relax and get a good nights sleep beforehand. I was like a kid on Christmas Eve. I purchased the pictures from the event and loved how they turned out. Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time.
Ford Bronco Things I wish I knew before going to a Bronco Off-Roadeo - add yours IMG_6713
I

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is some good info in here. I am going to Vegas on Nov. 11 (veterans day). Driving up from SoCal with a buddy, we are staying on Fremont Street downtown Vegas.

Debating what car to drive. I don't really want to put the miles on the bronco. My Cruze gets way better gas mileage than the bronco or my friends F150. I guess if a rental car/uber makes the drive on the dirt road than my car shouldn't have a problem.

the paws

Outer Banks
First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Las Vegas…stay at the Sahara. Reopened, renovated 4.5⭐, $42 a night, trying to develop business I guess . Eat at the Asian restaurant, it’s affordable. The rest are $$$$$. Buy a twelve pack. Drinks are $$$$. Allow an hour 15 to get to the off-road. Entrance has a sign “No Trespassing.” Ignore it. It’s at an old Boy Scout camp. Food: fabulous. Great staff. All around 5⭐. I’d do it again.

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is some good info in here. I am going to Vegas on Nov. 11 (veterans day). Driving up from SoCal with a buddy, we are staying on Fremont Street downtown Vegas.

Debating what car to drive. I don't really want to put the miles on the bronco. My Cruze gets way better gas mileage than the bronco or my friends F150. I guess if a rental car/uber makes the drive on the dirt road than my car shouldn't have a problem.
When you are done at off-roadeo you will be kicking yourself for not bringing your bronco to go exploring in the desert.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For those going to Moab, I would say definitely stay at Red Cliffs lodge (the preferred hotel) because the Off-Rodeo is on site and it being a long day, you want it easy to grab breakfast before leaving and to go back to your room after dinner. The hotel rate was not terrible.

There are only two other places nearby. A very pricey lodge 5 minutes away, or a B&B. Otherwise you have to go back into town which is a 25 minute drive. Doesn't sound like much, but again, when starting early and after a long day of driving, it's just very nice to be at Red Cliffs.
But that drive to and from town along the river is absolutely stunning and, to me, well worth it

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But that drive to and from town along the river is absolutely stunning and, to me, well worth it
Sure, but hopefully that won't be the only time you are doing it. My wife and I stayed several days and did hikes around there. Drove the route many times.

Hitemstiff

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Badlands/ 05 Expedition/ 77 F150 Ranger SB 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Drove our own bronco to Vegas. Guides will tell you where trails are near the off roadeo so you can go explore in your personal rig after the event. Stayed at South Point for a fraction of the preferred hotel. Went to Shelby American and checked out all the museum cars and also saw a bronco being shelby-fied in the shop area. At night we cruised the strip with the top down in the bronco, that was awesome. Red rock canyon and valley of fire are worth the time to explore.

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bring your Bronco to the event if you can. You might get lucky and get invited to go on a trail ride with them the next day like I did.
Where was this? Moab?

I'll be going to the Austin one and bringing my Bronco.
Sponsored