First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Backstory. I reserved a bronco and a lightning. I live in suburbs. Got my bronco muddy exactly one time. Struggled loading stuff in the back at Home Depot several times. I absolutely love the bronco and driving stickshift. Long story short, my lightning pro ticket got called with first year price protection. It’s due to be delivered by the end of next summer, so I have some time to think it over. Help! Lol
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, they're so similar. It's tough to pick between the two. :rolleyes:

I just remind myself why I dumped the white Outback for the Bronco.
To steal from the old Dodge commercial ... because no kid ever had a poster of a white Outback on his wall.

The same can be said of the Maverick. It will be a great utilitarian vehicle, but it will have no soul.
No kid will ever put a poster of a Maverick in his room.
That's the trade off.

At some point I decided I'd break the drudgery of the daily grind by at least driving something that stirs my soul a little bit. Something that is more "me" than the family truckster.
I think pulling up to a 4way stop sign and meeting two other white Outbacks at the same time kind of killed it for me.

Don't get me wrong, we still have the Outback, it does everything very well, but even though my 2dr Bronco is a bit cramped for the three of us compared to the Outback, guess which one everybody wants to take when we all go somewhere together.

So, that's my story ... you get to write your own.

2PT7

Wildtrak
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same here.. I’ve poured quite a bit into my bronco and I enjoy driving it but regardless of what I do I feel constrained.

If given the opportunity to buy a Raptor R at MSRP (which i doubt) I think I would make that my daily

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

To steal from the old Dodge commercial ... because no kid ever had a poster of a white Outback on his wall.

The same can be said of the Maverick. It will be a great utilitarian vehicle, but it will have no soul.
That's the trade off.

At some point I decided I'd break the drudgery of the daily grind by at least driving something that stirs my soul a little bit. Something that is more "me" than the family truckster.
I think pulling up to a 4way stop sign and meeting two other white Outbacks at the same time kind of killed it for me.

Don't get me wrong, we still have the Outback, it does everything very well, but even though my 2dr Bronco is a bit cramped for the three of us compared to the Outback, guess which one everybody wants to take when we all go somewhere together.

This is perfect. Just close the thread 🤣

OP
OP
5.0Maverick

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh I’m sorry. It’s not a maverick haha. I have a 1970 maverick to wrench on. The order is in for an f150 lightning with 2022 price protection. Sorry for the confusion.

My old maverick stirs more souls than my bronco could ever dream of lol. V8 dual exhaust, stupid fast, loud, equally worthless backseat lol.

I would never trade the bronco for a new maverick. Just wanna make that clear haha

Last edited:

Sponsored

emoty-c

Big Bend
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco?
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I share your pain w comparing a truck to the Bronco. I say Lightening all the way. I love my Bronco but if you need a truck bed, you need it. BUT 230 mile range really means 80% of that and slow charging so you need to be sure you can deal w about 150 mile range.

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I test drove a Lightning a few weeks ago. Went in for an oil change on my Bronco and my sales guy was like hey since you're just sittin around, you wanna take the demo out? Ummmm YES!

I was blown away. That thing in Sport mode literally throws your head back. It was like riding a crotch rocket but sitting on a couch.... Definitely wild.

I'd like to see a little more range, I wonder if some company is going to come out with a range extender you can just put in the bed. Other than that I was SUPER impressed.

I don't know that I'd trade my Bronco in, but definitely tempting. When they come out with an EV Bronco I will be first in line, or more than likely on-line fighting the stupid website to get my reservation the second it opens (took me 2 hours and 7 minutes to get the website to work on my Bronco reservation).

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
As long as you don't have to do real truck stuff with the Lightning, then go for it. Otherwise I'd stay away.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My old maverick stirs more souls than my bronco could ever dream of lol. V8 dual exhaust, stupid fast, loud, equally worthless backseat lol.
You serious Clark ? Broncos are stirring more than souls. I think they're stirring loins ....... :cool:

I do dig the 302 version. Had a cousin who drove one, his was just a garden variety V6, but as a kid, I did get to help re build the engine, and help re seat it.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A Lighting is literally the only thing I would trade our Bronco for. I really wish I reserved one during the reveal and constantly get the "told you so" from my wife.

Sponsored

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Backstory. I reserved a bronco and a lightning. I live in suburbs. Got my bronco muddy exactly one time. Struggled loading stuff in the back at Home Depot several times. I absolutely love the bronco and driving stickshift. Long story short, my lightning pro ticket got called with first year price protection. It’s due to be delivered by the end of next summer, so I have some time to think it over. Help! Lol
Hey if you don't want your Lightning I'll give you $5k ADM to buy it! Dead serious. Actually if you're price pro'd to the $41k model I'll give you $10k more than you pay for it!

I had big plans for my Bronco and ultimately it wasn't fit to be my daily driver. Ford never delivered my 2022 Maverick and I sold my other daily driver so the Bronco ended up going shortly after it.

Back to the lightning Pro - it's flat out the best bang for your buck vehicle on the market. Not even truck - vehicle, period. If you get price protection that is absolutely insane.

Currently in a Model 3 and although the range is nice I've only needed it for road trips. My (hypothetical) Lightning Pro and its 230 miles of range would be plenty for daily and in town use.

I wasn't able to place an order for one. I've called every dealer in the midwest about their demo lightnings and if I can buy it once they are released (supposed to be early Dec) but no luck yet.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

My opinion which is the correct one, per my wife of course.
1. Can you get a small trailer? It helps me when I grab stuff at hardware home improvement stores. Learned this with my old Jeep.
2. Flip the Lightning. Pay for trailer and part of bronco.
Ford Bronco Thinking about trading in my bronco 17022c

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As long as you don't have to do real truck stuff with the Lightning, then go for it. Otherwise I'd stay away.
Bro, the Lightning has 775 lb-ft of torque (that's instantly and a strait line across the graph vs a 5.0 that has 410 max at some rpm) it can do plenty of "real truck stuff" and then some... Payload is also right on track with a standard F150.

It also has a 0-60 of 4 seconds flat.

Last edited:

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

That's the trade off.

Very seldom does someone’s post simply apply a headlock to the topic at hand. This one did just that. Well done, welldone.

RAKET

Big Bend
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.raketdesigns.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I’m seeing a lot of “space” concerns with the Bronco. Here’s a solution. It’s light (basket is 55 lbs), removable, adds nearly 6’ of space, and you get to keep your ride. We go live SEMA weekend.
Ford Bronco Thinking about trading in my bronco 733F0A2D-C09B-45DC-B435-1140F2CF3E99
Sponsored

Last edited: