Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like the look of the modular bumper better as well.
But I see myself getting an aftermarket bumper at some point no matter which bumper I go with.
So may stick with the capable bumper for the fog lights and switch on the dash to go with it.
Even though I don’t like the look as much.
Thats exactly how if feel.
Sponsored

Reactions: RLW

BR0NCO

Raptor
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Audi
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ll get the capable bumper and save the $575. I’ll use that and the money I sell the capable bumper for to buy an aftermarket one

Reactions: RLW

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I like the modular bumper more than the capable. The capable does come with fog lights though which is nice since the aftermarket one I saw for the modular is running about $900 roughly. The small gripe I have about the modular bumper is that I wish the rear bumper matched but it's just the regular bumper.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is such a dilemma for me. I think the fog switch is such a minimal deal with the AUX switches, but capable looks so much better. I don’t think I’ll wheel so hard I’ll need to take the end caps off. The approach angles are already so good without them. I was planning on mounting fogs on the modular so wouldn’t need to on the capable. The safari bar is a must have to complete the modular look, but the capable looks good without it. The only thing I’d be missing is the ability to mount a winch, but blocking the front camera is a big deal for me. Ugh choices

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted a steel bumper. The capable is standard and steel. Yahtzee!

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wouldn’t rely on the B&P renders too much. They have the capable bumper in the Riptide concept
Yeah you're probably right. They don't show the rock sliders either which I thought were standard on Badlands as well

Pseudoko

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My 2 Feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BL and BD come with a steel rear bumper. It's not an option on anything else.
ah got it ... the dealership had the OB for test drive but it had the modular front bumper but not back. thanks for the clarification

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, $575 lower AND the $885 (or whatever it is) price protection?
No, the total price would be $575 lower due to the protection.
I’m not interpreting the price protection this same way but maybe I’m not totally understanding what’s being stated above.

In either case, based on the FAQ’s on Ford’s website it looks to me like you get a certificate based on the trim you had on order as of October 1. For a Badlands, this covers the change to the trim’s MSRP and the price increase for adding the modular bumper which was standard in 2021. For example the 2021 MSRP on my 2 door Badlands with the modular bumper being standard was $42,095 and that is now $42,495 for 2022 but with the capable bumper. The modular bumper is a $575 option in 2022. Add those two and you get $975 which is the amount of the certificate that Ford will apply to my 2022 Badlands if I ever take delivery. If you don’t add the modular bumper you still get the $975 so you’ll be ahead $575.

The amount is different by trim and I’ll admit I only looked at the details of my scenario.

https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...o-order-holder-frequently-asked-questions/#12

Ford Bronco Thoughts on capable vs modular? 31502B48-ADFD-44C0-8647-9689F9C84D60

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is such a dilemma for me. I think the fog switch is such a minimal deal with the AUX switches, but capable looks so much better. I don’t think I’ll wheel so hard I’ll need to take the end caps off. The approach angles are already so good without them. I was planning on mounting fogs on the modular so wouldn’t need to on the capable. The safari bar is a must have to complete the modular look, but the capable looks good without it. The only thing I’d be missing is the ability to mount a winch, but blocking the front camera is a big deal for me. Ugh choices
https://www.roughcountry.com/hidden-winch-mount-51054c.html#2921=6655

I might switch to the capable just for this.

ag4a9188_2_1.jpg

Sponsored

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thatspecialbeat

Black Diamond
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subies
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which one will be more of a constraint? I assume capable will be more available so I am going with that.

But who knows. Maybe wiring the fog lights takes another computer chip and that will be the constraint.

Or maybe the plant making the Bronco Bolts can't get steel and the modular bumper has like 50 Bronco Bolts.

Or maybe the capable bumper starts falling apart because they did tests with units built with German tooling and the ones built with Chinese tooling fall apart.

I guess it would also be helpful to know who has the best contracts with shipping companies and what ports those companies use.

Buying a car is hard.

Bituman

Wildtrak
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S-Works Roubaix, Vassago Mooseknuckle, Turner Czar
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Okay I’m really lost. I like the capable bumper. But where is that on the 2022 build and price site? For all trims, the only bumper option I see is the Ford Heavy Duty Modular bumper. I just got done chatting with some lady on Ford’s build and price site and she has never heard of a capable bumper. How does one get a capable bumper? Obviously I’m missing something. Thanks, in advance, for clearing this up for me.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Okay I’m really lost. I like the capable bumper. But where is that on the 2022 build and price site? For all trims, the only bumper option I see is the Ford Heavy Duty Modular bumper. I just got done chatting with some lady on Ford’s build and price site and she has never heard of a capable bumper. How does one get a capable bumper? Obviously I’m missing something. Thanks, in advance, for clearing this up for me.
Capable bumper is standard on Badlands and Black Diamond. Not available on any other trim.
Sponsored