First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As someone who is definitely not driven by greed or or wealth(given the sad state of my bank account which is the closest thing I have to savings:ROFLMAO:). I have casually observed and lightly( think $100 bucks at a time) invested in the stock market for almost 30 years. Given cycles of costs, market rises, opportunities, political reprecussions, timing, and widening wealth gaps. I believe the bill is about to come due soon. 2 things to watch for in my mind, the west coast running out of water and Taiwan getting us into war with China. If a war happens or gets close markets will be fine, however the hot action will shift to different segments. If California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah run out of water first, then they will crash the market with their property values and infrastructure becoming worthless.

80% of my meager investments are in Ford. I think they will be fine either way, long term.

OP
OP
edgeflyer

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
i get all my financial advice from automotive forums.
I've been in the market a good while, but I never pass up an opportunity to learn from others. And yes, I trust people on here more than news articles and YouTube. Feel free to see yourself out, or I can call you a cab...

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Brian, if you have a good investment firm watching your funds you should be fine. As everyone has said if you're young in the market just hang in there. You'll have time to make up any downturn. Myself I've been in for a long time, and my investments are part of my retirement. So, my agent knows too keep mine in more conservative stocks. Reason being is I don't have the luxury of waiting for a rebound anymore.

If you'll watch when interest rates are low, the stock market does better. But, it's a vice versa thing. Anyone here that lived through the Jimmy Carter years know exactly what I'm saying. Home loans were anywhere from 12-15%, and CD's were paying 20%+. That was a rough time for me as I was just starting out.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lurking4luv

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw gti, Nissan frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been in the market a good while, but I never pass up an opportunity to learn from others. And yes, I trust people on here more than news articles and YouTube. Feel free to see yourself out, or I can call you a cab...
No thanks, I can drive myself. Can i interest you in a bridge?

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is Wells Fargo a sign? Do you think we're going to see a crash soon? What indicators would you look for? I've been on the market quite a while, but I know there's some seasoned folks on here. Just curious to hear what others think.
Balance your portfolio with safe haven equities (NEE, etc), growth and income. Place stop losses as appropriate to protect the downside, then adjust them upward as long as we remain in a bull market. Don't be afraid to take small profits, then reinvest. The market will continue to bounce around with all the uncertainty in multiple sectors, but a balanced portfolio will help mitigate large swings. Remember, pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Side track ... But aftermarket trading is the problem with the market.

You close your day up and wake up in the morning to find out your stock dropped significantly overnight.

Normal stop losses don't work after hours and you can be left holding the bag from shenanigan's that the market manipulators did while bypassing all your safeguards.

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Side track ... But aftermarket trading is the problem with the market.

You close your day up and wake up in the morning to find out your stock dropped significantly overnight.

Normal stop losses don't work after hours and you can be left holding the bag from shenanigan's that the market manipulators did while bypassing all your safeguards.
That is 100% true. If we could foresee every market move in advance, we would all be Gates-level wealthy. Thus, just take gains as they come and evaluate your risk tolerance to decide how far to stick your neck out.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is 100% true. If we could foresee every market move in advance, we would all be Gates-level wealthy. Thus, just take gains as they come and evaluate your risk tolerance to decide how far to stick your neck out.
I agree, but it would just be nice if I could put a stop loss knowing that I may not win but I can actually control my losses. But then to find out that that safety net actually is fake-ish sucks.

I've learned you have to make sure to tie your stop loss to a limit, but still you could be left holding the bag because the stock drops and now you're stuck with it hoping it will go back up or taking the hit.

Just for me personally it's aggravating to wake up in the morning and notice at 4:00 a.m. that my stock is down two or three percent and now I'm too low to sell.

Reactions: abe

Sponsored

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree, but it would just be nice if I could put a stop loss knowing that I may not win but I can actually control my losses. But then to find out that that safety net actually is fake-ish sucks.

I've learned you have to make sure to tie your stop loss to a limit, but still you could be left holding the bag because the stock drops and now you're stuck with it hoping it will go back up or taking the hit.

Just for me personally it's aggravating to wake up in the morning and notice at 4:00 a.m. that my stock is down two or three percent and now I'm too low to sell.
Amen

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Crashes only happen on paper. [chuckle]
There's no reason to worry about a crash.
The closer you are to retirement, the less market exposure you should have. If you're younger, then you've got time to rebound from a crash.
So whether you're young or old or somewhere in-between, if you are following age-old principals of saving, investing and diversifying, there should be nothing to worry about.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any Ford stock predictions? I got into Ford at $5.80 a share, the July after the market crash. I just crossed the 1 year long term holding line, in terms of selling at a lower tax rate. Stock is in the $14 range today. Maybe I should have sold when it hit $16 a few months ago. Hype and psychology seem to matter as much or more these days, than actual performance. I'm not sure what the Ford stock will do, when Broncos finally start kicking into gear and when Maverick and the well received (but still vaporware) F150 Lighting appears. The latter I think stands the best chance of launching the stock higher.

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold 😥), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My retirement accounts are still doing pretty well and even if the market crashes, they'll bounce back eventually. However, my playing around brokerage account (mostly high risk stuff) is another story 😂. 90% of that portfolio has been in the red for weeks.
Sponsored