Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been hearing a whistle too lately, and it's been consistently in the 20's around here. However, I also just installed some new ditch lights, and assumed the wind noise was due to the lighting. It still might be - I'll just have to wait for the weather to change.

At the end of the day though, I figure that with the soft top I'm basically driving a tent on wheels, so some noise is to be expected. If I wanted something quiet and luxurious, I wouldn't have bought a Bronco. I've owned several Broncos over the years, and they've never been anywhere close to quiet.
Sponsored

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just for perspective, I've never experienced it until the last couple days.
We dropped into low teens here in Texas for about 3 days straight now. First time we've been this cold since the Arctic blast a couple years ago that knocked out half the state.
So now, I noticed I have a squeaky rubber noise coming from the back and a whistling window I think.

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When it got cold I had creaking coming from the rear of my 2 door that was driving me nuts. Somewhere on here it was recommended to lubricate the rubber seals around the tailgate and rear window. I tried it and the creaking completely went away. Maybe something to consider. I used Nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift (German I think?) rubber care stick that I got on Amazon.
I'm going to have to try some of that Nextzett stuff. On my Mustang convertibles I used a 3M dry silicone spray to help with the window squeaks. Every time I took it in, that's what the service department did, they called it "lube window weather stripping".

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Its really cold in Michigan right now and I am amazed at the whistling coming I think from the heating system and maybe the hard top. But also the creaking going on it sounds like a worn out car I drove in the late 70s. Must be the temperature range of all these plastics. Anyone else experiencing this.
All vehicles get a little noisy in extreme cold conditions. Lubing the weather seals with 303 or Krytox will help a bunch. When the top isnā€™t part of the body, there is going to be movement between the top and the body and the resulting squeaks from the harder rubber seals.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All vehicles get a little noisy in extreme cold conditions. Lubing the weather seals with 303 or Krytox will help a bunch. When the top isnā€™t part of the body, there is going to be movement between the top and the body and the resulting squeaks from the harder rubber seals.
And a little an addition, Krytox is the best rubber lube you can get. Itā€™s pricey, but a little goes a long way and it lasts for months. Easiest place to get it, unfortunately, is on Amazon.

Sponsored

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's near arctic conditions in the midwest right now things are gonna creek and moan it's to be expected. I guarantee this ain't just a Bronco thing.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's near arctic conditions in the midwest right now things are gonna creek and moan it's to be expected. I guarantee this ain't just a Bronco thing.
Yep, itā€™s been 10 to 12 below zero here in KC for the last several days. It SUCKS.

TavisB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 ManSquatch, 10 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was able to completely eliminate my cold weather whistles with some additional weather stripping on the top. It took some trial and error to find all the air leaks.

TrailDust

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco, 23 Bronco Sport, 97 F-150, 07 Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL, you should ride in my '97 Subaru in -15 on the way to work, all kinds of fun new sounds the last few days. Haven't driven the Bronco much to get a feel for what it might be doing.

Laddyaddy19

Black Diamond
First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima, Evo X, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have experienced the wind noise and whistling coming from the hardtop and HVAC when it is below 35 deg F. I live in ND. I found a simple solution for $8 on another thread. I just put foam (rubber would probably be even better) 3/4 inch pipe insulation along the top sill on both sides. It fits in there perfectly. Just have to take off both front hardtop panels and slide it in underneath until it stops then cut it at the a pillar. It eliminated almost 50% of the wind noise and 90% of the HVAC noise.

Sponsored

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the super cold temps as of late, lots more moans and groans from the hardtop-engine whistles a little at start up, the heated seats are amazing and quick, but the floor heat bites, I should not have to have the fan set so high to get a tiny amount of heat-oh well another couple of months of the snow stuff.

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Trail Boss, '18 Triumph Tiger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same here, sounds like a flock of chi chi birds in mating season. Seems to be coming from the passenger side window seal as well.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ā€˜24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

When it got cold I had creaking coming from the rear of my 2 door that was driving me nuts. Somewhere on here it was recommended to lubricate the rubber seals around the tailgate and rear window. I tried it and the creaking completely went away. Maybe something to consider. I used Nextzett Gummi Pflege Stift (German I think?) rubber care stick that I got on Amazon.
Gummi Pflege is excellent. I use it on all of my cars.

It will help with wind noise and other seal issues.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn. Itā€™s rainy but at least I have my shorts on here in Tampa today. No noises in my Bronco. I had enough of that BS cold weather and snow. But it will be ā€œcoldā€ tonight.
Ford Bronco Tons of noise in cold weather IMG_9576

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Trail Boss, '18 Triumph Tiger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have experienced the wind noise and whistling coming from the hardtop and HVAC when it is below 35 deg F. I live in ND. I found a simple solution for $8 on another thread. I just put foam (rubber would probably be even better) 3/4 inch pipe insulation along the top sill on both sides. It fits in there perfectly. Just have to take off both front hardtop panels and slide it in underneath until it stops then cut it at the a pillar. It eliminated almost 50% of the wind noise and 90% of the HVAC noise.
Got a pic of the install?
Sponsored