First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I disagree shotty craftsmanship is shotty craftsmanship.

Disagree all you want. The title of the post is about Wranglers not craftsmanship, that is what I pointed out.

.... Nothing surprises me with FCA (now Peugeot PSA is hopping aboard a sinking ship). ..
Quarter million Wranglers sold in a year multiple times. And that is just in Wranglers. FCA has man other models they sell. No sinking ship, and it is a Ford announcing a 6 week delay.

Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco 7F943FAA-93E4-4EF5-8767-64FF1A7B4A3F

2017 Silver Lobo

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 1988 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Disagree all you want. The title of the post is about Wranglers not craftsmanship, that is what I pointed out.

Quarter million Wranglers sold in a year multiple times. And that is just in Wranglers. FCA has man other models they sell. No sinking ship, and it is a Ford announcing a 6 week delay.

Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco 7F943FAA-93E4-4EF5-8767-64FF1A7B4A3F
If you're so proud of Jeep why are you here on a Ford Bronco forum? I know I wouldn't buy anything from FCA or their affiliates. Sales numbers mean nothing. Why don't you pull up warranty claims on all the Jeeps sold?

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Jeep has the signature death wobble that Bronco with doesn't have.

In all fairness to jeep , even though they are mostly junk .But I have owned 4 Bronco's 69 half cab ,75,76 and 78 and experienced this death wobble countless occasions especially on the 69 . I was not familiar with this terminology death wobble until recently . So I had to YouTube it then I knew exactly what it was once I saw it. Most of that can be attributed to sloppy worn out front end parts. The 69 I used to have had 33 by 12.5 size tires and manual steering and this death wobble was a regular occurrence (due to sloppy worn out front end parts). My 75 and 76 didn't have that much of an issue but they did occasionally wobble but they also had power steering. I do not recall my 78 ever having an issue with the wobble although that is entirely a different rig.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Before i put my top 5 reasons, just to be up front, i am trolling. I very much look forward to my new bronco. I have had a 1995 bronco and a jeep tj and jk.

1. Jeep has been making a consistent product for many years at this point vs a first year remake of bronco.

2. Jeep has a more rugged look vs the more “car” like appearance with the straight lines of the bronco.

3. Jeep articulation is much better.

4. Bronco has tried and never been able to maintain. They have had the first gen bronco that is similar to the remake. The larger version of the bronco which was a total different look and purpose. The bronco II, and now a reboot.

5. Jeep has a diesel and V8 option.

Come at me!!!
1 jeeps have shit electronics and reliability fiat chrysler is awful you can't contest that
2 that is 100 percent subjective I personally think Jeeps are good looking but broncos are better looking IMO
3 you havent driven a bronco how could you possibly know that and broncos beat jeeps offroad just by a number standpoint on literally everything
4 Fair enough but ford has the F150 which is a literal cash cow so they havent really had to have one
5 I have no counter for that lol, the 2.3 and 2.7 are both brilliant and PROVEN engines that are gonna get better MPG while making the same if not better power and torque and forced induction is way better than NA in just about every way. I love a v8 but the v6 tt is gonna blow it away every time just look at the 5.0 vs the 2.7 it isn't even a competition. also diesel is really expensive I am not trying to pay that much and u get a shit ton of torque from the 2.7 anyway so why go for diesel? I just wish there was a turbine or rotary version lol

Sponsored

Slow55

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRX, Mojave, Bel Air & 392 Jeep on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Born into a Jeep household. My dad was big into off roading when i was very young. My two oldest siblings have memories of camping and off roading etc that i really don't remember.
Hell, there are at least 20 Jeeps still in the family.

With that said, I am really digging the Bronco. Had the 392 been offered with a 6 speed manual, id probably have it on order. But that 392 option is also a pain in the ass to me because for years FCA/Jeep has said it was not "possible"

Ford hit a nerve and I want first hand experience with what they are bringing to the table.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The 2021 Bronco has IFS. From what I understand death wobble comes from a straight axle set up.
Well, would i found it with my vehicle last winter is that if you want the feeling of death wobble in an ifs without the sfa, let a bunch of snow build up around your car and make it into the front springs, then freeze. Clear the excess snow away, not notice the ice chunks in between the coils of the springs then drive out. It was honestly the most terrifying driving experience I have ever had in my life. 45 and below was fine, there was a little from 46-54, but the moment i hit 55, it was like my wheel was going left right left right 500 times a minute. It was more due the horrible michigan roads in combination with the ice stuck in the springs, then actual wobble, but it was still scary.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you're so proud of Jeep why are you here on a Ford Bronco forum? I know I wouldn't buy anything from FCA or their affiliates. Sales numbers mean nothing. Why don't you pull up warranty claims on all the Jeeps sold?
I’m here because I am just as much a B6G owner as everyone else here including you.

Go back read the title of this thread and realize I am only contributing to it. If you don’t like reading about a Wrangler then don’t visit a thread titled.......
”Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco”

Go start a Thread about why the Bronco rules. I will go post some very good reasons why that is true and support that thread.

2017 Silver Lobo

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m here because I am just as much a B6G owner as everyone else here including you.

Go back read the title of this thread and realize I am only contributing to it. If you don’t like reading about a Wrangler then don’t visit a thread titled.......
”Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco”

Go start a Thread about why the Bronco rules. I will go post some very good reasons why that is true and support that thread.
No one said you can't post about why you like Bronco instead of Jeep, which is exactly what I've been doing. Plus I enjoy watching and learning what people have to say about either side.

The one thing I can say is that Ford rereleasing the Bronco is great for both sides (Ford & Jeep) since both will have to make their vehicles better than the other. So I'm interested to see what comes from that.

Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Couple more reasons from pics I took and trails I have been on.

Jeeps get their own parking area. Zoom in on sign at the left.
Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco 9A57486A-C7A0-4F4F-8DB4-4088F1157C2D

You can always make room for a buddy.
Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco BB6EA4C1-F997-4F96-99C1-0FFDB5883A92

Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco 5511D6ED-9950-4F18-BEDF-7AE1EDE480DB

Because its called a Jeep trail, not a Bronco trail.
Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco AC461742-550F-478C-8DE9-DCF4F698A7BF

Because a wrangler doesn’t need a road.
Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco F0EED00B-1CC5-4A7A-AD7D-4E053871FF3E

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Didn't read all nine pages. The only reasons I can think of: Jeep comes in hellayella and has a white top option. Which ISN'T available with hellayella on the Jeep B&P, but maybe it can be ordered if this is what one wants.

I test drove a couple Wranglers and the dealers were pretty arrogant about Jeeps. That immediately turned me off. Throw in death wobble, roof leaks, and vague steering, yeah, I'm not joining the Jeep Cult.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reason #11
Bronco can’t do this.
Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco BCF33682-0BDD-423B-8B21-74A9557FFEA3

Bwahh haaa haa!
Can't photoshop itself in front of an imaginary charge station? I don't get it.

2017 Silver Lobo

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reason #11
Bronco can’t do this.
Ford Bronco Top reasons jeep wrangler better than bronco BCF33682-0BDD-423B-8B21-74A9557FFEA3

Bwahh haaa haa!
Why does FCA keep making these plug in hybrids? I've heard recently that Europe and most likely California will be banning plug ins. Why not just charge it off the engine?
Sponsored