First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 LR D90, '20 Lincoln Continental, '22 Cooper
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago....same email "backordered" The Story of Bronco :p
Sponsored

TroutTrooper

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Fiesta ST, 2001 Jeep Wrangler, 1988 Ranger (SVO swap), 1974 Super Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago....same email "backordered" The Story of Bronco :p
Hopefully my trailer wiring doesn't take 2 and a half years haha

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered from Accessories.Ford hoping to have a clean install when it arrives.

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t even see the oem hitch on Ford accessories anymore. I ordered the harness but still need the hitch itself.

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ordered from Accessories.Ford hoping to have a clean install when it arrives.
Ended up setting up a trailer hitch assembly from amazon.com, as the original Ford order was cancelled and subsequently backordered without an estimated time of arrival. This was due to a change in part number.

In addition, I managed to install the official trailer wiring harness and the brake controller purchased from Ford Accessories. Delivery of these parts was surprisingly faster than the ones ordered from my Ford Dealer. As a result, I decided to cancel the dealer's parts order and stick with the ones from Ford Accessories.

The brake controller installation wasn't too challenging, despite not adhering to the instructions on the module or control. Instead of setting it up next to the window switches between the driver and passenger seats, as suggested, I wired the control to the headlight switch panel located on the left of the steering wheel. A hole was drilled to fit the control knob. The brake controller module was directly mounted to the support bracket beneath the steering wheel, concealed behind the same panel. I drilled a few holes in the bracket and utilized locknuts to secure it, resulting in a neat and tidy installation.

Installation of the wiring harness, however, was a tad complicated. The instructions provided are predominantly visual, making it somewhat tricky to determine the precise point of view. Moreover, the wiring harness modification behind the driver-side front fenderwell featured a different harness than the one depicted in the instructions. This necessitated me to guess the pin configuration as it didn't align with the instructions (for instance, I placed the blue wire in pin 7, instead of pin 19 as directed). Regardless, the installation is now complete and all that's left is some Ford programming to enable everything.

Sponsored

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like my turn signals are the only thing that are not currently working after the install. Anyone else have a similar issue? I have the MY23 Bronco that comes with the updated connector and pinout.

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like my turn signals are the only thing that are not currently working after the install. Anyone else have a similar issue? I have the MY23 Bronco that comes with the updated connector and pinout.
Do your hazard flashers work, all 4 corner lights blink?

OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you check fuses?

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Did you check fuses?
You need to turn them on with forscan or ford dealer there is a bunch of setting to enable. I made this exact settup with your help flip ording the pins. All fuses should be in place.

Sponsored
OP
OP
flip

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You need to turn them on with forscan or ford dealer there is a bunch of setting to enable. I made this exact settup with your help flip ording the pins. All fuses should be in place.
I was wondering if something might have popped one during the install. Didn't read all of the install instructions yet, damn the ADD.

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I was wondering if something might have popped one during the install. Didn't read all of the install instructions yet, damn the ADD.
Yes it doesn't hurt to check, but yeah I didn't have lights until I enabled with forscan. I just went through all modules and turned anything to do with trailers on.

RaceRed66Retro

Banned
Heritage
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F350 6.7 4WD CREW CAB LARIAT
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Now for the $64 question.

WHAT'S IN THE BOXXXXXXXXX?

Seriously, is there anything else in there, maybe a wiring dongle that gets clipped in somewhere? if it's really that easy, I'm whacking it from my order right now.
May 22, I discussed removing the Tow Pkg. from my build with my Ford dealer rep to increase my chances of getting my Scheduled VIN in 23'. He seemed to think it wasn't necessary but deleted it any way just to hedge my bet. And then BINGO! One month later, I got my VIN and build date! Who knows if it made a difference but It could only help by removing the only one of the 4 deadly supply constraint sins that I could since all the others were part of the Heritage Pkg. I think it did tho.

swimtexan

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you check fuses?
I have forscan, enabled everything per the forum thread. I also checked the 5 fuses you recommended and none are blown.

Screenshot_20230721_123716_Chrome.jpg

Fordtorino93

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford f150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have forscan, enabled everything per the forum thread. I also checked the 5 fuses you recommended and none are blown.

Ford Bronco Tow Package arrived - contents inside Screenshot_20230721_123716_Chrome
When I get home I can get a list together what slots you need to terminate. I think all my wires beside reverse went to c201 behind the fender. Pins 15,16,17,18,19 if I remember correctly.
Sponsored