Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw jetta tdi
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Trying to decided if the tow package is worth it. Does it just come with the 2 inch hitch, 7 way and a 4 way? Is there anything else that is included with it that would make it worth it?

I feel like you can go aftermarket and get it done for half the price if it’s just wiring and a bolt on hitch.
Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

it has both outlets and is nicely wired in, somewhere on here somebody posted the wiring diagram. It also seems to have some little control unit for who knows what, speculation is that some chip in there is causing the constraint, as the rest (wiring and the hitch) don't really seem like anything you can't produce right now.
I have it on my build and I'm not taking it off to get mine earlier, I hate having to deal with after market installs where I have to leave the car (and thus get a ride back home and back there and all that). You might be able to get it cheaper, but we're not talking massive savings here, and it probably won't look as nicely integrated as the factory option does.
I had a hitch installed aftermarket on my Tacoma, the wiring just hangs around there, zip tied to the hitch, and it's only the 4way of course.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Are you buying it to tow? If no, why would you wait years to get a tow hitch? Aren't you buying it to be a Bronco?

Do you have some other vehicle to tow with instead? Same answer.

It's like needing a new dishwasher, but waiting a year to get the color you want.
Sponsored