CarbonSteel

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Carbonized Gray
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Tossing our hat in the ring on the aluminum transmission pan side of protection. Our pan increases capacity by 2 quarts over stock for more cooling capacity, has internal baffles to reduce sloshing, has bolt retainers for easy install, and a magnetic drain plug making it way easier to service your transmission fluid.

MMTP-RGR-19_2.jpg
MMTP-RGR-19_3.jpg
MMTP-RGR-19_6.jpg
MMTP-RGR-19_4.jpg

If you are searching by part number, use MMTP-RGR-19. Heads up it also fits Ford Rangers, Mustangs, and F-150s with the 10R60 and 10R80 transmissions, so if you have another Ford in your garage, you could grab more than one :cool: Let me know if you have any questions!

- John
It's a good hat to toss in. I picked one up on BF to replace my plastic one. I have had PPE and Mishimoto pans on other vehicles in the past, and Mishimoto wins hands down--especially from the R&D and design perspective.
Sponsored

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My mistake. I thought the factory skids also covered the trans pan. I was thinking about the transfer case.

That being said the trans pan is WAY up there, roughly measuring 16in from ground level on a Squatch and some 6in above the frame up in a hole.

While not impossible to hit the pan you really have to try hard.

Ford Bronco Trail Mater tows out Bronco with punctured transmission pan IMG_2462

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The odds of hitting the pan are so miniscule it sits so high up in the frame. Place the wheels over the rocks not the pan. I surprised BB has not jumped on this fear factor.
BB’s Transmission pan is more at risk from meteorite damage as often as he puts one on it’s lid.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BB’s Transmission pan is more at risk from meteorite damage as often as he puts one on it’s lid.
As a safety measure he will put it on its side.

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My mistake. I thought the factory skids also covered the trans pan. I was thinking about the transfer case.

That being said the trans pan is WAY up there, roughly measuring 16in from ground level on a Squatch and some 6in above the frame up in a hole.

While not impossible to hit the pan you really have to try hard.

Ford Bronco Trail Mater tows out Bronco with punctured transmission pan IMG_2462
I think the 2.7 is definitely more protected then a 2.3. We don’t have the cross members or the swaybar bar disconnect skid plate I’m seeing in the rear of that pic. Funny thing is, on my 2.3, while I didn’t smack my transmission pan, I did flatten that exhaust located right in front of the pan before I got a skid plate.

Sponsored

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe, I have been wheeling for 10 years and haven't seen many freak accidents...but maybe it's a Bronco thing.

But this one was definitely self inficted.
Give it some time, spend enough time off-road you will see some wild things. I wasn’t there to see it, but looks like an easy trail. Loose builders can be difficult to navigate especially if it rolled when crossing it.

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Give it some time, spend enough time off-road you will see some wild things. I wasn’t there to see it, but looks like an easy trail. Loose builders can be difficult to navigate especially if it rolled when crossing it.
I have had guys flop their rigs, lose windows against rocks etc...tranny pans are usually ok 😆 🤣

Mishimoto

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a good hat to toss in. I picked one up on BF to replace my plastic one. I have had PPE and Mishimoto pans on other vehicles in the past, and Mishimoto wins hands down--especially from the R&D and design perspective.
Thanks for the positive feedback, @CarbonSteel ! Enjoy the Mishimoto pan!

- John

GregFoutz

Raptor
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.foutzmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
21 bronco, 21 ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Natethegreat1979

Wildtrak
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It amazes me when folks get surprised by how capable the Bronco is, where it can go and what it can do. Looks like Ford has some marketing to do

Sponsored

LanceIto

Raptor
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Hey I’ve been saying this since the Bronco came out!

However I’ve installed the Talons Garage transmission pan skid since this and tried to break it on the Rubicon. Been doing fantastic and strongest one on the market currently
I am installing trans skid soon. Have you noticed increase in trans temps?

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You would be surprised how common a freak incident happens. Seen two this year, one in the snow the bronco was 4 or 5 vehicles behind me and caught a rock to the pan, the other on a dirt road and a 1” diameter stick punched a hole.
It’s mostly the sticks/debris getting kicked up that worry me when going fast on dirt roads. Less worried about going slow and wheeling. And I don’t have much wheeling experience. But I have a ton of mountain bike experience and those damn sticks can get kicked up by tires in the most unexpected way. That’s why I installed a tranny skid. Prior bias from a different activity admittedly. And it was cheap and light and easy to install.

OP
OP
swooshdave

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s mostly the sticks/debris getting kicked up that worry me when going fast on dirt roads. Less worried about going slow and wheeling. And I don’t have much wheeling experience. But I have a ton of mountain bike experience and those damn sticks can get kicked up by tires in the most unexpected way. That’s why I installed a tranny skid. Prior bias from a different activity admittedly. And it was cheap and light and easy to install.
Highly unlikely a stick will do anything to the pan. Or even kicking a rock up.

But there’s nothing wrong with extra insurance.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep, you want to see some of that wild stuff look up the time @trickydick (RIP :() picked up a rock on the inside of the wheel & through it through his brake system (Near the brake booster). I think he is still the only one to do that :unsure:. That one was expensive. I heard his cousin is still around these parts 🤠.
Sponsored