Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
you can also get one for 2 doors. Some things are wayyy overpriced
Can you send a link for a 2 door from Hooke, I don't see anything but a 4 door from them?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Tooold

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 FB, transit awd duel sider, flex 3.5L, BaseManS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@TrailRax Can you help me understand the full and half rack's load ratings when not using the "optional Pak Rak"?
I am only able to locate the fallowing info on your rack system "
  • Static load rating for half-rack: 300 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • Dynamic load rating for half-rack: 150 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • These ratings are rated and measured WITH optioned Pak Rax. The Pak Rax allows for the distribution of weight to the body of the Bronco allowing the best stability and carrying load capacity".
I don't plan on using the "pak rak" and would like to know the dynamic and static ratings of both the full rack and half rack so I can decide what will work for my application. Thank you for helping me understand.

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@TrailRax Can you help me understand the full and half rack's load ratings when not using the "optional Pak Rak"?
I am only able to locate the fallowing info on your rack system "
  • Static load rating for half-rack: 300 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • Dynamic load rating for half-rack: 150 lbs evenly distributed across the rack
  • These ratings are rated and measured WITH optioned Pak Rax. The Pak Rax allows for the distribution of weight to the body of the Bronco allowing the best stability and carrying load capacity".
I don't plan on using the "pak rak" and would like to know the dynamic and static ratings of both the full rack and half rack so I can decide what will work for my application. Thank you for helping me understand.
Ford rates their Hardtop weight load as 110 lb dynamic and 450 lb static. So without the pak rax, for us to rate the rack above the Ford specified rating would be false per Ford's weight load ratings. While we are confident our rack by itself (without pak rax) is capable of taking on the specified 300 lbs static and 150 dynamic for the half rack mentioned above, we still want to stay within the specified rating for Ford Bronco.

So like the bottom paragraph exclaims in all of our Bronco Roof Rack line, weight load limit without Pak Rax is generally what Ford recommends considering you are putting all the weight into the fiberglass of the top and any weight over their recommendations is by user discretion. With our pak rax, we are able to distribute weight to the body of the vehicle allowing us to have a verified load rating increase via CAD software testing and real life testing (you can see it done on our instagram).

Hopefully this answers some questions. While it is tough to give you a solid answer because of Ford's limitations, we are confident our rack is capable of taking on the weight load ratings we specify on our site without pak rax but overloading Ford's recommendations is at the users discretion.

Sponsored

TrailRax

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
TrailRax
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trailrax.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Rusty Sheckelford I’m adding a video showing me giving the Bronco a good shake while holding on to the half rack. I’m thinking it would work as a lift point to take the rear top off. Your decision, but I’ll probably do it when I get to taking the top off.

Snowing this morning so I ordered a Kuat Grip 6 ski rack. I’ll post photos when I get it installed.

Solid install!

Tooold

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 FB, transit awd duel sider, flex 3.5L, BaseManS
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford rates their Hardtop weight load as 110 lb dynamic and 450 lb static. So without the pak rax, for us to rate the rack above the Ford specified rating would be false per Ford's weight load ratings. While we are confident our rack by itself (without pak rax) is capable of taking on the specified 300 lbs static and 150 dynamic for the half rack mentioned above, we still want to stay within the specified rating for Ford Bronco.

So like the bottom paragraph exclaims in all of our Bronco Roof Rack line, weight load limit without Pak Rax is generally what Ford recommends considering you are putting all the weight into the fiberglass of the top and any weight over their recommendations is by user discretion. With our pak rax, we are able to distribute weight to the body of the vehicle allowing us to have a verified load rating increase via CAD software testing and real life testing (you can see it done on our instagram).

Hopefully this answers some questions. While it is tough to give you a solid answer because of Ford's limitations, we are confident our rack is capable of taking on the weight load ratings we specify on our site without pak rax but overloading Ford's recommendations is at the users discretion.
Thank you for helping me understand better.

Johnko

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does the roof come off the same? Rack just stays attached ?
Sponsored