Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wonder how it would interact with the sunrider...
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mtea

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr 2.3 Auto, Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@carrellslake Iā€™m planning to put a Kuat Grip 4 ski rack up top for starters. TrailRax says it should mount right to the cross bars. The 2 door doesnā€™t have all that much room for skis inside.

@Rusty Sheckelford when I grab the half rack standing on a step ladder and shake the Bronco it moves the Bronco; it feels like part of the roof. I donā€™t know how much the back roof weighs but it wouldnā€™t surprise me that you could lift it when attaching to the half rack.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like the perfect rack, you can remove the front roof panels more easily and still utilize the front accessory points for lights or a visor.

How securely does the rack clamp on to the roof? I wonder if you could use the rack as a lift point for removing the rear roof?
Exactly! What I was wondering as well, that would be a great product a functional rack and lift point for overhead storageā€¦

Reactions: JZZ

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Love this rack! Especially the straight front fairing as opposed to the curved variant they offer with the full rack

OP
OP
Mtea

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Rusty Sheckelford Iā€™m adding a video showing me giving the Bronco a good shake while holding on to the half rack. Iā€™m thinking it would work as a lift point to take the rear top off. Your decision, but Iā€™ll probably do it when I get to taking the top off.

Snowing this morning so I ordered a Kuat Grip 6 ski rack. Iā€™ll post photos when I get it installed.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks good. Have you noticed any change in wind noise at hwy speeds ?
My 4-dr has increased wind noise after the install of the Trailrax Rack, but not badly so. With both the MIC top and the soft-top, the wind noise increases steadily with vehicle speed: 45mph, very little noise; 55mph, some noise; 65mph worse; 75mph, pretty bad. . . In my experience! But the rack itself is not a primary source of wind noise!

Sponsored

FFF

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Mudlight there is a pad that adheres to the underside of all the mounting brackets keep them from scratching the top (the inside bracket bit you can see in the pic also has a pad against the top). The rear one fits a little better because of the indent in the top. Nevertheless, the front one seems to hold strong and I doubt it can move around. If I grab the top and shake the Bronco around, the top doesnā€™t move at all. This is a picture a front mount against the top.

Ford Bronco Trailrax Half Rack on 2 Door Installed - First Photos IMG_6322
Love the look. And wont interfere with removing the T-tops. How is the wind noise?

ksdon

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This rack has caught my eye for a while now.
How are the tabs that grab the Bronco's roof attached to the rack?
IE: bolted on or rivets?

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

OP
OP
Mtea

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@FFF there is some wind noise, but I donā€™t drive at highway speeds all that much so it isnā€™t much of a bother. I am thinking about taking the front fairing off just as an experiment to see if that might increase or decrease the noise.

@ksdon the tabs that grab the MIC roof are bolted to the rack. In fact the whole rack is bolted together and comes disassembled in the box. Not to hard to put it together particularly if you use your battery drill.
Sponsored