Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any real world reviews / DIY's on the forums on the Trailrax TRMR and Paxrax kit?

They look great, but id like to see a review or feedback from someone other than them or any "ambassadors"
Sponsored

routhless

Badlands
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I have the TRMR and Pak Rax for my Bronco but it has not been installed yet so I can't speak on that specifically. But I had the Trailrax Pak Rax for my Jeep for a couple years and absolutely loved it. So much so, that I was willing to order the TRMR when it went on pre-order before my Bronco was even scheduled. From what I've seen and in my own experiences, they're great quality products. And any interaction I've had with their social media team or customer service has been great, which is a big one to me because I know if I ever do have an issue they'll be willing to help and not just ignore me like so many other companies do.

Hope this helps!

OP
OP
FellowM3

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So I have the TRMR and Pak Rax for my Bronco but it has not been installed yet so I can't speak on that specifically. But I had the Trailrax Pak Rax for my Jeep for a couple years and absolutely loved it. So much so, that I was willing to order the TRMR when it went on pre-order before my Bronco was even scheduled. From what I've seen and in my own experiences, they're great quality products. And any interaction I've had with their social media team or customer service has been great, which is a big one to me because I know if I ever do have an issue they'll be willing to help and not just ignore me like so many other companies do.

Hope this helps!
This is true. They always have been quick to respond (on the forums and social media). I ordered one since it seems the best quality and I like that the pak rax stiffens everything up.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll second this. I just installed the roof rack this past weekend (no pak rax...yet) and I'm super impressed with the quality and design. It was quite challenging to install, especially the front fitment to the front OEM mounting points, but in the end it looks amazing, feels really sturdy and it seems like I have less wind noise up top thanks to the deflector. Give yourself a full, uninterrupted day and you'll be able to get it done.

Also agree on their customer service. They were thoughtful enough to send out weekly emails while things were backordered, and they've been quick to respond to questions. I'm very happy I went with them.

OP
OP
FellowM3

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'll second this. I just installed the roof rack this past weekend (no pak rax...yet) and I'm super impressed with the quality and design. It was quite challenging to install, especially the front fitment to the front OEM mounting points, but in the end it looks amazing, feels really sturdy and it seems like I have less wind noise up top thanks to the deflector. Give yourself a full, uninterrupted day and you'll be able to get it done.

Also agree on their customer service. They were thoughtful enough to send out weekly emails while things were backordered, and they've been quick to respond to questions. I'm very happy I went with them.
Did you do it by yourself?

Sponsored

scottsil

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m considering the TrailRax, mostly for mounting gear, some ROAM boxes, and hopefully one day a tent. I’m also curious to hear how removing the front and mid MIC roof panels works with the TrailRax installed…

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been watching to see if they have a deal on it for black Friday. It looks great. Probably pull the trigger after Thanksgiving regardless but hopefully get a little price break.

Ordered a RTT today, inspiredoverland.com has theirs on sale 1299 shipped.

fitterhappier

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you do it by yourself?
Yes. There’s a couple of times you’ll need a second helper to test fit the rack (to center the front brackets) and then again to mount it for final installation. Front brackets are by far the hardest part, simply because there’s not a lot of space to get hands/tools in. Just takes time and patience.

I’m considering the TrailRax, mostly for mounting gear, some ROAM boxes, and hopefully one day a tent. I’m also curious to hear how removing the front and mid MIC roof panels works with the TrailRax installed…
Haven’t tried it but it looks like they’ll clear.

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I installed my TRMR/Pakrax a few months ago and absolutely love it. Also gave me an excuse to take the top off and ride top/doorless for a few days during summer, ended being almost the entire summer.
Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? PhotoGrid_Plus_1660268083806

I got the wind deflector with the light bar cutout, and am using a dual row LED light bar, and it fit just fine. The best thing about it is that there is no wind noise coming from the light bar now, and no noise coming from the gear on top. The fit up there is pretty tight, and it is probably the hardest part of the install, but aside from this part, everything else was a walk in the park. The roof light bar covers are in there pretty tight, but I can unsnap them and slide them under the bar to get them off, which is an easy trade off for the noise it used to make.
Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? PhotoGrid_Plus_1662327305363

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? PhotoGrid_Plus_1663172619401

On the Pakrax, I have two 2-gal water tanks from Rotopax. Keep in mind, when mounting, you do not need the mounting plates. It has been months now and they have yet to budge or rattle. I have a quick release fire extinguisher mounted to the side of the passenger side railing, and that's stuck there, too.
Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? PhotoGrid_Plus_1666016620384

I also added limb risers from the trail sights to the edge of the side rails. I think this turned out pretty nice.
Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? 20220926_183652

The only thing that I didn't like was the semi circle gap above the windshield, but the Bronco is currently at the shop getting clear matte Stealth PPF-ed, except for the hood and A-pillars. Those will be covered in black matte PPF, including the frame above the windshield. I'll update once I get the rig back.

The last few pieces of the puzzle I'm waiting for are the side grab handles with built in lights, and also the table insert that goes underneath the cross bars through the back(saw it on a SEMA video). After using the TRMR, I just know the accessories will be exceptional.

Last edited:

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I too am waiting for that 2 door price drop for Black Friday. $1700 is kinda steep for a rack.

Sponsored

Sonny

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, I’ve got the factory rack (though really considered the trailrax), the factory rack stiffened up things plenty as well.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've put about 8000kmoffroad and through BC Canada mountains with a front basket and smittybilt rtt on my trmr/pax and it has held up really well,easy to remove front roof panels and having 2 7 ltr rotopax was much needed.Only complaint is the "stainless"paxrax hardware starting to rust now.

DangerMTBBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have had it on my Bronco for a bit now and have taken it on a few trips. It's a great rack and very well made. I don't think there is a better option available at the moment.

Installation is a pain because you have to put the rack on top and align the front mount brackets, then take it off, install the windscreen, and put it back on. But, other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

The issue I have found is with the 4-door; if you want to mount recovery boards on the PakRax, you have to stagger them off the back end to clear the back door because the 4-door rear section is shorter than the 2-door rear section. This is why they made the new Maxtraxx mount that you can slide. But, of course, this is more of a Bronco design limitation vs. a Trailrax issue.

The company is fantastic, and their service is second to none. Here's a few pictures with nothing mounted on it.

IMG_2061.jpg

IMG_2067.jpg

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_7782.JPEG

mikeeshim

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MBZ E350, supposed daily driver
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ordered a RTT today, inspiredoverland.com has theirs on sale 1299 shipped.
Oh that's awesome. Thanks for the news. This is the RTT that I've wanted, mainly for the low profile, but several other factors as well, including weight, ease of use, and minimalist design. Also saw someone on IG that installed a flat 100W solar panel to the lid on his 4Runner, so want to do that as well.

Lowdogg

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak, Honda Odyssey, '04 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have had it on my Bronco for a bit now and have taken it on a few trips. It's a great rack and very well made. I don't think there is a better option available at the moment.

Installation is a pain because you have to put the rack on top and align the front mount brackets, then take it off, install the windscreen, and put it back on. But, other than that, it's pretty straightforward.

The issue I have found is with the 4-door; if you want to mount recovery boards on the PakRax, you have to stagger them off the back end to clear the back door because the 4-door rear section is shorter than the 2-door rear section. This is why they made the new Maxtraxx mount that you can slide. But, of course, this is more of a Bronco design limitation vs. a Trailrax issue.

The company is fantastic, and their service is second to none. Here's a few pictures with nothing mounted on it.

Ford Bronco Trailrax Real World Reviews? IMG_7782.JPEG

I'm not especially experienced installing these kinds of things. For a novice, is the install more than I should bite off? I have a rack and my paxrax arrive today, neither installed yet. I've been debating whether to take it to a installer.
Sponsored