NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I was doing the plastic block running board lift mod last night (thank you Gucci!)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/operation-raise-factory-running-boards.74960/

and I got to thinking that it was pretty unnecessary that the nose of the factory running board protrudes so far forward into the wheel well.

It’s not an issue now with my 37s/RPG/RTR 0-offset combo, but I’m looking at all possible points of contact on FULLSTUFF and simultaneous wheel crank. Seems like it cooouuuuuld touch under the right circumstances.

I searched the forum and didn’t see it mentioned (maybe my search sucked🤷‍?).

Has anyone just pulled the nose off, carved back the length by a few inches, reinstalled the nose cap, and remounted the boards?

It would be a cheap and quick way to bring the running board back out if the wheel well while still maintaining a finished look.

Maybe I’m missing something… I defer to wisdom of cheap forum mods

IMG_4474.jpeg
Sponsored

soldier989

Base
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Base MT / 2021 MX-5 GT / 1966 Ford F10
Your Bronco Model
Base
I used a Dremel and created new mounting points to move the running boards back a bit so they would clear the factory mud flaps. It was pretty simple.

IMG20230716175206.jpg

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No, wasn’t me… must have been a different poster. Haven’t messed with the running boards yet…

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My "cousin Dick" trimmed his rock rails. I've seen the steps trimmed down too, looks simple enough.
Knew your cousin did some trimming. The steps aren't that big of a deal to trim. I know Gatorback flaps were considering the trim to fit their flaps 2 years ago. But at the time, Ford only gave them a loaner for fitment and they were not allowed to make modifications to loaner rig. They were private messaging me at the time asking for feedback. I didn't have access to one at the time, but from the images they provided it seemed like a simple enough modification. There is no reason why the step protrudes into the wheel well.

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rock out- thanks for the feedback. I’m gonna do it.

Jwells104

Wildtrak
First Name
Jameson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@NJNMDoc I was just outside game planning for my upcoming lift and tires and was looking at the same thing! Let me know what you end up doing and your approach - cut or just move them back like the guy above mentioned.

OP
OP
NJNMDoc

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@NJNMDoc I was just outside game planning for my upcoming lift and tires and was looking at the same thing! Let me know what you end up doing and your approach - cut or just move them back like the guy above mentioned.
Will do! I’ll reply back to this thread when I dig in.

CUZICAN

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak