Reese
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Imagine thinking a dealership in Iowa is the problem… lmfao. They have 1100 ish reservations/orders. If Ford builds what they say they’ll build, in 2022, it’s a drop in the bucket. This has nothing to do with Granger and its customers, it has everything to do with high volume dealers wanting to stay fat with zero effort. Ford sided with their big boy dealers and went away from their reservation system (Tesla model).

Seems straight forward to me what happened. Ford back tracked from their initial statements to whatallocation they released for 2022. It’s in black and white how Ford has back pedaled in this situation. Who do you all think was the squeaky wheel that wanted greased? Simplest answer: Large Volume lazy dealerships who want what they want and right damn now, so they can mark the Bronco up $20k. That’s how I see it.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So in the grand scheme of things the biggest thing I'm interested in is how many orders where actually received when it went up and then crashed and ran like complete crap for hours.

I was fortunate enough to get my order in within the first 45 minutes or so.

I went with a local dealership and I was number 2 with my order in January, behind an employee that worked there. My Bronco is currently on a train at the moment with an expected delivery in a few weeks.

If Ford got 80-100K orders with in the first 12 hours of the reservations going live and got 75% competition to order of those, its just basic math that people who ordered a few days later would get screwed, then add in commodity issues with higher trims and the MIC top production issues, its plain to see that people are going to get "hurt" on this.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So, how can people who have a reservation that is not converted to an order yet figure out what dealer to order with? I didn't reserve until July 2021, so I'm WAY behind everyone. But It would nice to get a 2022, which I know isn't happening. But in the current model, if I keep my reservation with SAC, (I haven't seen the numbers from SAC yet, but I assume it's similar to Granger) I would be LUCKY to get a Bronco by the end of 2023. Unless I want a 4 door Big Bend 4 cylinder.

Do we simply ask the Dealer what their allocation for 2022 is, how many 2021 orders they have that aren't getting built in 2021, how many reservations they have that still need to be converted to an order in 2022? Then, if they have any open allocations, swap your reservation to them and order?

I asked 3 or 4 dealers locally what their allocation was and the above questions earlier this year and never got a straight answer, let alone actual factual numbers.
This. The customer is going to run around trying to divine if a dealer has a large allocation, and the extent to which that allocation is spent, and then try to transfer reservation and hopefully cut some reasonable deal? Or start the divining process over with another dealer. Does Ford think customers are going to go through all that malarkey?

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Last edited:

JWBroncoATL

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Eliminate dealers.... yea... right.... that way you can do your own warranty work.....
Are you familiar with Tesla?

Sponsored

2.3BigBend

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Work Beater
Your Bronco Model
Base
They are so focused on pushing that Bronco Sport garbage t
I said on another forum (this one too somewhere) how stupid it was to call this vehicle (which I believe is a very nice small CUV) a Bronco Sport, with emphasizes on BRONCO and how it was just confusing the hell out of people and watering down the Bronco itself. People argued at how successful it was and clearly Ford knew better. After 3 months they started offering a $500 factory incentive. And now that people are realizing they bought an Escape disguised as a Bronco and more people are realizing that there is a "real" Bronco, this sport will flop. It's a nice, well executed vehicle. But, it's an Escape, not a *B R O N C O* and it's cheesy Ford decided to call it that. And yes as you mentioned, Ford is taking dealers hostage to push the Sport just so they can get the real Bronco.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eliminate dealers.... yea... right.... that way you can do your own warranty work.....
I’d be all for just dealers having service centers open and all vehicles sold will be direct to consumer of course this will eliminate salesman and woman positions so there’s really no winner

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Except for the actual customer
Yes we would win salespeople would lose and there are some good salespeople but also a lot of bad just like evrything else in life there’s good and bad

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So you expect Ford to build all reserved orders first for granger over stock orders for the other dealers. What did the other dealers do to not be able to order vehicles to sell. Granger bit off more then they can chew and many buyers bought into it. Blame granger not Ford.
You tell me?!?!?…..What is the point of making a reservation with a converted order if you have to wait until after all dealerships get their stock. If an order has been submitted by a customer, then that should take priority over dealer stock.

Every dealership has the ability to compete with Granger, Chapman Horsham and Steven’s Auto Center. Instead of competing with customer service and pricing, they are just bullying them thru whatever means possible (crying to daddy Ford to fight their battles after getting punched in the nose). Now daddy Ford is going to fight their battle, telling them it is going to be ok, we won’t let those smaller dealerships that are fighting back hurt you anymore….We won’t let them have all they worked for, we will take away their product so their customers HAVE to come to you instead, if they want their Broncos.

I will NEVER do a reservation again!!!!If I put in an order thru a dealership, I expect to be able to receive my vehicle in a timely manner. I ordered my Dad a Willy’s Unlimited eight weeks ago and we have it already. Allocations should NEVER be a factor for a customer ordering a car thru ANY manufacturer UNLESS they physically CANNOT be produced. But then the manufacturer needs to close off the ordering for that vehicle.

Ford screwed up the Explorer launch, the Bronco launch. I fully expect to see issues with the Lightning and Maverick as well….Good luck to all reservation holders. I will NEVER reserve a vehicle again, especially from Ford!!!!!

I fully expect all the other reservations by Ford to fail as well. Why would it not? Same system, different vehicle.

Last edited:

Sponsored

fergthulhu

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands, '21 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So you expect Ford to build all reserved orders first for granger over stock orders for the other dealers. What did the other dealers do to not be able to order vehicles to sell. Granger bit off more then they can chew and many buyers bought into it. Blame granger not Ford.
Yes, ideally...since that was what Ford offered us.

What did the other dealers do? A bad job at selling Broncos apparently. 🤷‍♂️

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine making yourself look this obtuse, publicly.
This is not about money. Anybody think that is off base.

This is about how every single dealership in my area I spoke to (in person & via phone) we’re rude, uneducated lairs that were unwilling to have a straightforward conversation about “how this works” and “agreeing to a price up front with no ADM”.

This is about finding a dealership that was honest and straightforward. I didn’t switch to Granger for a financial reason, I switched because they were polite and straightforward.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve seen a few people tag into my pressure in Mike on Instagram. I don’t have Twitter

what’s the lastest on Twitter? Have more people stepped forward / spoken up? Jim’s on Twitter tag him also.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hmm......what happened to the below invoice pricing from dealerships with the thought that the dealership would get all the allocation of all the orders over other dealerships that didn't do below invoice pricing? I remember a conversation here about that when I commented that maybe under invoice pricing wasn't so good for a dealership, and I was pounced on by folks saying the dealership would get all that allocation. Having worked for dealerships for 29 years, and Ford for 15 years, I disagreed. I commented that allocations will always weigh heavily on overall (not just Bronco) sales volume, which has been shown to be the case. Looking at the price list that just came out, there isn't a huge margin between MSRP and invoice, so we're talking about 2500 bucks ish. I'd gladly pay the 2500 bucks to get my Bronco. Yes, this is kind of off topic, and yes, a bit of I told you so, but hey, this is an internet forum, and we throw stuff out there to talk about it and get reactions.
Richard, I agree that allocations do play a part. In the past I have ordered several new Corvettes while knowing that allocations would play a large part on when I would get that car. I understood that, and was fine with it. But, the problem here is that right out of the starting gate Ford promised me that they would go by time stamp, and that no dealer would get lot Broncos before my Bronco was built. I was raised to not break a promise, and I whole heartedly expected the people at Ford to keeps their's. Then along comes Joe Big Dealer crying to Ford that he's been wronged, and that promise was broken quicker than one could say snap. So, yes I'm pissed. And no amount of back peddling, or ignorant statements Ford makes will change that.

Just for the record I'm not a new Ford customer. Since 1986 I've special ordered 8 new Ford vehicles from my local Ford dealer, and bought 2 orthers off the lot. However that is very close to being in the past, and never to happen again with the way Ford has handled themselves during this fiasco we call the Bronco. Oh, and did I mention I pissed.

BadazzBronco

Badlands
First Name
Tamar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is not about money. Anybody think that is off base.

This is about how every single dealership in my area I spoke to (in person & via phone) we’re rude, uneducated lairs that were unwilling to have a straightforward conversation about “how this works” and “agreeing to a price up front with no ADM”.

This is about finding a dealership that was honest and straightforward. I didn’t switch to Granger for a financial reason, I switched because they were polite and straightforward.
THIS!!!!!!!!

d95.gif
Sponsored