Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What do you honestly have against the workers? The bronco MSRP has gone up since 2021 and the workers have gotten a 3% raise and 6% over the last 4? If you believe that workers compensation is the sole reason for price increases you need to do some research.
GIVE HIM HELL!!!!

Yep, the union took cuts to give the company a boost during covid .... the Executives thanked them by taking multi-million dollar bonuses.
Same as the bankers from the Great Recession.....
screw 'em.
If these numbers are solid, I think the UAW sold themselves short.
Sponsored

ArrickSports

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Chevy HHR
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure somebody else will have this number in the thread but just to reiterate, only 15% of a vehicle's price is labor. Taking that into account remember that in the first quarter of 2023, Ford reported a $1.3 billion profit. I'm thinking there might still be enough to go around.

JadedPeasant

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Happy they got a deal in place. Few questions on what this means for production resuming:

- When would production resume?
- Any idea what this means for the balance of MY23 orders and then timing of changeover to MY24?
-Any chance some of the constrained components for MY23 models is no longer a constraint due to idle production? Meaning suppliers have built up inventory.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm all for everyone making more, but 40 bucks an hour for assembly line work? I guess we all need raises then. I know engineers with 4 year degrees that dont make that much. Why drop 120k on a degree at a state college with a student loan, waste 4 years, then graduate and make less when you can just go do assembly line work?

Last edited:

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm all for everyone making more, but 40 bucks an hour for assembly line work? I guess we all need raises then. I know engineers with 4 year degrees that dont make that much.
Cars will get even more expensive. Right now Ford raised the price on the Bronco because of parts increases and maybe a little greed....now they will add more for labor too.
They could have become plumbers, electricians or carpenters. Pretty much the same mental processes, but they actually do the work as well. Pays a lot more...

The Compensator

Outer Banks
First Name
Cleigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 bronco, 2015 yukon denali xl, minivan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe if they paid the top brass more trickle down economics could trickle down. The wage gap should probably be higher. CEOs can't survive on a measly 1 trillion a year.

Dmesser92

Big Bend
First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Pickup 4x4 DLX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good news! Hopefully the agreement is voted on soon and production can resume. After all this, I wonder if Ford will look to open assembly plants in the South? Most automotive Southern plants aren't unionized. More than likely they'll open more plants in Mexico and overseas.

Russ1Bronco

Base
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully, Ford will use this as a lesson learned and start looking at where they can move future production.
..Ford has 32 manufacturing plants in the US..and 61 worldwide...Ford for the most part builds where their consumers are...with all the craziness around the world..I doubt Ford moves any US plants..

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Don't mean to be inconsiderate here but do we know when they will be returning to the plants full time?
Sponsored