First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hard work can be physical/ mental or both. The color of the collar does not determine if the work is hard.

I sometimes miss the days of blue collar physical work while I'm over stressed at my white collar job.
This is so true . . . it is funny though that those that do mental work recognize how hard those that do physical work, work, yet it is rarely recipracol. "You sit in an air conditioner all day, you don't know the meaning of work." I have heard that many times in my life.
Sponsored

NatureMan

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is so true . . . it is funny though that those that do mental work recognize how hard those that do physical work, work, yet it is rarely recipracol. "You sit in an air conditioner all day, you don't know the meaning of work." I have heard that many times in my life.
I'll take physical exhaustion over mental exhaustion any day.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great news. I had a blend date of 8/21 and it remains in production.
congrats! I am surprised but also happy for you - when was your order date?

Last edited:

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm a little surprised at the disdain for a 32 hr work week. I think it's coming and is inevitable.
I just drove by a light manufacturing facility that is advertising for workers. They offer that, full time is 32 hours. First time I have seen it offered in writing.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not seeking to carelessly fork this conversation in another direction...

But isn't this the fallacy of BEV charging infrastructure too?

Absurd costs for substation capacity and new delivery points. The American taxpayer gets hosed when federal bureaucrats are in charge of 'infrastructure investment'. So corrupt. And everybody pays through inflation and interest rates that only the rich can afford, which is a key driver for the UAW brethren seeking what they want. Which can spiral out to less US manufacturing jobs

All for the benefit of 'controlling climate' by one-tenth of a degree. Time to feel sorry for our kids

And no, dear [WARNING: NO POLITICS] moderator, this is not politics, this is human. No sides being taken here
Good point and not really sure what the true answer is regarding how much we the people are actually paying. One of my biggest EV concerns is the seeming lack of plans for infrastructure and updates to building codes so new construction can be done efficiently. Who wants to rip into new buildings, subtations etc so the cars can be charged.

I'm not against the EV change, just how it's being implemented.

Sponsored

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 C63 AMG, 2015 GL 450 4M, 2023 OBX on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That statement is False and goes against Free Market Capitalism. Does every 18 y/o deserve this “living wage” as they work through college? How many businesses would no longer exist?

Regarding the issue of Contracts I thought this Strike was because the current contract had expired?? If that is the case Ford has no obligation to grant any ludicrous demands. My prediction is the UAW will draw this out far longer than needed and end up with less than the 20% raise Ford already offered. The 32 hour week (paid at 40) is a non-starter and has tilted favor away from the UAW.

@INFINITE23 you joined 6 days ago and have only talked on this thread. Do you have a Bronco and are you willing to post a picture of it?
Here’s one of mine:
IMG_8159.jpeg
My order is between UAW, Ford, and the Lord right now.

There are many many many things that go against free market capitalism and for good reason. It’s interesting that no one has pointed out that I quoted FDR yet. But regardless, to answer your question, yes a college student should be paid a fair and living wage. And the businesses that go under simply can’t afford to do business in the US, and that’s not particularly my problem.

IMG_0249.png

IMG_0251.png

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just drove by a light manufacturing facility that is advertising for workers. They offer that, full time is 32 hours. First time I have seen it offered in writing.
Full time being 32 hrs is all fine and dandy . . . but you get paid for 32 hrs. The deliniation of full time is only important as to where the line is to qualify for benefits. The ask for 32 hrs but get paid for 40 is one of the most asinine thing I have ever heard.

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hard work can be physical/ mental or both. The color of the collar does not determine if the work is hard.

I sometimes miss the days of blue collar physical work while I'm over stressed at my white collar job.
The mental exhaustion at a white collar job rarely equals the physical exhaustion at a blue collar job.

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Your definition of hard work and my definition of hard work are definitely not the same lol.

Hardwork= Blue collar
Mental work= White collar

Now that’s not to say that Blue collar workers are big dummies or that white collar worker drink soy lattes all day but that’s roughly the jist.

You average American doesn’t view the account working as hard as say a coal miner.

You said specifically:
"Tell me the skills that Barra and Farley have that make them CEO material. I’ll wait.
You have to be incredibly delusional to believe that “hardwork” gets you anywhere anymore."

when talking about CEOs, meaning white collar, hard work. You then go on to contradict what you just said that I was responding to. I do not believe you are genuine. This is not the first time in this thread you have contradicted yourself. And for someone who allegedly has a CSE and EE degree, you have demonstrated a lack of understanding of power generation and transmission. In addition, I was a CSE major before I left, so I know that I was required to take economics and business classes. You have also shown that you don't have an understanding of either of those topics. At best, I would guess you are a freshman looking to go into those fields. I am not discussing with you any further. Good day.

Nellezhar

Badlands
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll take physical exhaustion over mental exhaustion any day.

I wouldn't, I like being able to play and run around with my child after work. I like helping around the house, and working on things. I like having energy after work. Even on my most mentally taxing day's I can still just put in an audio book and zone out while I work on things.

I get you're anti union, but some of your takes are just...... Wild.

Sponsored

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pilsner

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, 81 Bronco, 21 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
my last email said scheduled week of Sept 11

Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] IMG_0251

Ford Bronco UAW goes on strike @ MAP Bronco / Ranger factory [ADMIN WARNING: NO INSULTS, NO POLITICS] IMG_0251

That's sharp. I have a neighbor that just picked up theirs in that color. Love the throwback white. I am restoring an '81 and went white wheels and top. You will like that.

DrTiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The mental exhaustion at a white collar job rarely equals the physical exhaustion at a blue collar job.
What is the average timeline from the time it goes into production until it arrives in your driveway? We are considering making a move on an F150 while we wait on the Bronco. Ours went into "production" on 9/14. Obviously the strike notwithstanding, we are just curios once the strike ends how long we will still be waiting.

INFINITE23

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wouldn't, I like being able to play and run around with my child after work. I like helping around the house, and working on things. I like having energy after work. Even on my most mentally taxing day's I can still just put in an audio book and zone out while I work on things.

I get you're anti union, but some of your takes are just...... Wild.
I can decompress mentally on the ride home, I can’t add cartilage back to my knees.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No one answered this question because they have none, who you know is far more important than how hard you work. Hard work will only get you so far, you need to be able to network to get anywhere. Sucks but it’s true.
I can't speak for everyone, but when I read your post I did not answer because I don't know their qualifications so won't speak to it. However to assume the two exces have zero skills is a pretty big and possibly very wrong assumption. Trying to make strong points on assumptions is not usually successful

AS far as hard work goes I can tell you many successful small businesses that are successful because of the sweat equity that was put in. No handouts, just hard work
Sponsored