Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you love the Gladiator, get it. It's a love or hate thing....I hate the look unless on 37s or so (which you are taking care of), but they are also very awkward off road with the length and atrocious angles etc....so, it's a compromise. It's not in the same ballpark as a Bronco, but if you love the thing like some people do...pull the trigger. If not, you will regret it and should wait it out.
Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You are not crazy, although I don't think I would get a gladiator, they are ass heavy and butt ugly.

But that diesel has a lot to offer, test drove a Rubicon diesel a while ago myself. And now as of July you can order your Rubicon diesel with 35s.

For going out and buying a used one, why would you? You can get a new one cheaper than a used one unless you want to go much older or super high mileage. Jeep dealers are known for going under invoice.

As much as I want my Bronco, I'm sick and tired of being in the dark with no ETA. July is jeeps 2022 go live... Clock is ticking Ford!

You can nic pick all day long, but unless the drive of a SFA bothers you (which it doesnt even phase me) the really core differences are:

Jeep can't remove the panel above the rear passengers like the Bronco so you (well your passengers) don't get that same open air.

Jeep, especially the diesel, gets a shit ton better MPG and range than the Bronco. We are talking 28+ on road trips with 400+ range.

Bronco has the 360 camera (if you are going high), but of course a winch screws that up.

Jeep comes with a tuck-in-winch bumper if you go with their steal bumper group.

Jeep does a better job of à la carte options so you can pick and choose and cheaper that Bronco (cuz of below invoice pricing).

Now if you are talking about a "base" JT without alot of bells and whistles, then the Bronco will out shine it big time (I guess unless you are just getting a base bronco).

One thing to keep in mind as well is the diesels are not cheap to maintain. $200 oil changes every 10k, fuel filters every 30k, and of course DEF.

... But damned if that Diesel wasn't fun to drive.
I believe the sticker shock of the diesel option will derail most buyers.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gladiators are hideous.

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Broncotrax The diesel is only $4,500. That's about as cheap as I've seen one offered for a body-on-frame. In the Chev Colorado, as an example, it's almost $6,000 over the 3.6L gas they offer. Ford doesn't offer a diesel in similar vehicles, so it's not comparable. Obviously they offer a diesel in their Super Duty, but it's $10,500 over the base engine.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I wanted to buy something to hold me over until I get my Bronco. I considered a Gladiator Rubicon with the diesel and ended up with a ZR2 Duramax. If you want 35's or bigger easily it's the way to go. I just couldn't justify the extra cost for one over the ZR2. Gladiator was near 60k. My ZR2 was 43k.

Sponsored

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not crazy
Buy the Gladiator now, and make a decision when your Bronco is finally available.

Test-User-One

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Desk Chair
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If you ARE interested in a gladiator, go to the gladiator forum. There are high-volume dealers there that will give you a fixed percentage below invoice, pick you up at the airport and drive you to their location. You'll get to drive it home. That's how I bought mine. They'll even tell you places to apply to get more discounts like tread lightly. 0 haggling/negotiation. Just "add to cart."

I bought mine in 12/20. At the time it was 6% below invoice. I've seen as low as 9% committed since then.

Another big difference not discussed - the gladiator hauls a lot more plywood than the Bronco.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't like the philosophy of, " Buy the Jeep and just wait till your Bronco gets here, if you don't like it, keep the Jeep..." This is exactly what is going to give dealers inventory of Broncos that look just like ours because we ordered it and then gave it to them. Giving the dealer inventory and taking away a Bronco from the dude behind you.

If you like the Gladiator get it, I dig 'em. But by all means, cancel your Bronco reservation for the next person.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't like the philosophy of, " Buy the Jeep and just wait till your Bronco gets here, if you don't like it, keep the Jeep..." This is exactly what is going to give dealers inventory of Broncos that look just like ours because we ordered it and then gave it to them. Giving the dealer inventory and taking away a Bronco from the dude behind you.

If you like the Gladiator get it, I dig 'em. But by all means, cancel your Bronco reservation for the next person.
It has been discussed a few times that a person cancelling their order means very little unless it is with a highly reputability dealer. Meaning, you may cancel, but the dealer doesn't do it and keeps your order anyway.

There was one poster who's dealer flat out told him that and even went as far as to tell him to ignore the Ford emails when he starts getting "updates" about his order.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of y'all are really overthinking this process.

OP. Buy what makes you smile. If the Gladiator makes you smile buy it. If the Bronco makes you smile more when it arrives, sell the Jeep and buy the Ford.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If handing down to the wife, I don't see why not. Very few on here are going to wheel hard enough that they need anything smaller than that gladiator.

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Gladiators do look awesome- especially with a lift and 35 or 37" tires- wow. One intimidating machine that looks like it could go anywhere or run over anything. But you need to start with a Rubicon to get the proper gearing and that's going to be about 60K or even more if you want the diesel. Then add the lift and 35 or 37" tires and you are up to 70 or more K. If you have the money and don't want to wait for the Bronco I say just do it. You can always sell the Gladiator and get a Bronco in a year or two when they are more available. The Bronco seems to be more bang for the buck though. I have a Basesquatch on order- 2 door, 35" tires, front and rear lockers for 40K. That's so hard to beat in price. You could double that easily to build a Gladiator or Wrangler. So ya the wait is so long maybe a year or two but if Ford holds the price like they say they are going to I'm going to wait. LOL I don't have a choice- it's costing me everything I got to spend 40K. I don't have another 10-30K to spend. If you do, go for it!

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It has been discussed a few times that a person cancelling their order means very little unless it is with a highly reputability dealer. Meaning, you may cancel, but the dealer doesn't do it and keeps your order anyway.

There was one poster who's dealer flat out told him that and even went as far as to tell him to ignore the Ford emails when he starts getting "updates" about his order.

If that's the case I show up at my dealers on day of delivery to claim MY Bronco at our agreed upon price. He can either pay me to not take delivery or I will flip it myself. (y)

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm a late Oct res holder at one of the "below invoice" dealers.... and have been pretty patiently waiting. BUT for some reason seeing the "Bronco is being built" & "My Bronco got delivered" posts, and with the combo that knowing I'm probably still a year (or more) out I... uh, I started looking around. A diesel gladiator with 37s is looking good... man my wife even said that she would take the Gladiator in 5ish years and then I could get my Bronco...

Am I crazy here? Talk me out of it!?!

Any guesses on an Oct res delivery?

You're REALLY THINKING of a TURBO DIESEL BRONCO but you have no point of reference so you gravitate that way. Right?
Sponsored