First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TDI Jetta Wagon,88 300zx,97XJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well fellas... Special ordered Diesel Rubicon Gladiator this week for $52k and already have my vin! (No hardtop shortage here)

I'm going to be sticking around here to see how my October res goes but couldn't wait any more after the July shutdown news!
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm a late Oct res holder at one of the "below invoice" dealers.... and have been pretty patiently waiting. BUT for some reason seeing the "Bronco is being built" & "My Bronco got delivered" posts, and with the combo that knowing I'm probably still a year (or more) out I... uh, I started looking around. A diesel gladiator with 37s is looking good... man my wife even said that she would take the Gladiator in 5ish years and then I could get my Bronco...

Am I crazy here? Talk me out of it!?!

Any guesses on an Oct res delivery?

You're.going to feel like an ass driving around in that Fugly Gladiator looking at Broncos driving by.

OP
OP
eddyarnold

eddyarnold

Badlands
First Name
Eddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TDI Jetta Wagon,88 300zx,97XJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're.going to feel like an ass driving around in that Fugly Gladiator looking at Broncos driving by.
You are 100% correct in this statement :(

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well fellas... Special ordered Diesel Rubicon Gladiator this week for $52k and already have my vin! (No hardtop shortage here)

I'm going to be sticking around here to see how my October res goes but couldn't wait any more after the July shutdown news!
Congrats! Hope you enjoy it! I thought they were super awkward looking at first. But, I have some in my neighborhood with big lifts and they look really good so my opinion has changed completely. You’ll enjoy being able to drive that over sitting here waiting on a Bronco for the next year, you can always buy a Bronco later.

Last edited:

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But that diesel has a lot to offer, test drove a Rubicon diesel a while ago myself. And now as of July you can order your Rubicon diesel with 35s.
Tell me more? I don't see it on Jeep B&P. I have a 2 year wait and am thinking Rubicon. If I can get one with 35s that makes it even more appealing - I don't need to buy new rims and tires, just skids and should be good to go for lots of fun.

Is it just the Diesel or does the HEMI now offer 35s as well?

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do it if you like it!

Today is for living. Waiting around for a vehicle is pointless. Unless I had a pretty good idea mine was going to be built soon I would jump ship and keep an eye on the bronco for your next vehicle. Not like you can’t buy one later. Plus you can still stop by here and see what people are thinking in 1-2 years. Lastly I’m sure the resale on the gladiator will be fine.

Demoncleaner

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave 6 speed
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

I pick up my 6 speed Mojave tomorrow! Ordered 6-10, pretty fast.
when I eventually get my mansquatch Bronco I’ll just trade it in. Not too difficult really…

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

No feeling like an ass is driving around in my Mazda why my Order still hasn't gotten a vin and I see some overly wealthy person pull up in a Bronco next to me having paid 5k+ ADM for dealer stock.

Sponsored

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Gladiators do look awesome- especially with a lift and 35 or 37" tires- wow. One intimidating machine that looks like it could go anywhere or run over anything. But you need to start with a Rubicon to get the proper gearing and that's going to be about 60K or even more if you want the diesel. Then add the lift and 35 or 37" tires and you are up to 70 or more K. If you have the money and don't want to wait for the Bronco I say just do it. You can always sell the Gladiator and get a Bronco in a year or two when they are more available. The Bronco seems to be more bang for the buck though. I have a Basesquatch on order- 2 door, 35" tires, front and rear lockers for 40K. That's so hard to beat in price. You could double that easily to build a Gladiator or Wrangler. So ya the wait is so long maybe a year or two but if Ford holds the price like they say they are going to I'm going to wait. LOL I don't have a choice- it's costing me everything I got to spend 40K. I don't have another 10-30K to spend. If you do, go for it!
Jeez, at that price time to start looking at a '22 Defender too (although quick research shows custom builds take 3-6 months to deliver).

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No feeling like an ass is driving around in my Mazda why my Order still hasn't gotten a vin and I see some overly wealthy person pull up in a Bronco next to me having paid 5k+ ADM for dealer stock.
Oh snap!!!

you won’t be unhappy with the purchase unless it’s a lemon. Congrats!!! It makes the wife smile every time she races other people and stomps them. Picked her up at the airport with it so she could drive it home the other day. 29 Mpg’s
Hard to beat. I think she was happier to see the jeep then she was to see me!!

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The gladiators with 35s or 37s look awesome and will go anywhere a bronco will go as the tires help improve the break over angle. I believe the bronco is actually wider than a gladiator so on some trails it will be easier to handle. You also get the articulation of a SFA.

I wish they weren't so expensive.

If I didn't have and love my power wagon, I would probably buy a gladiator. Bronco should be a better daily driver for the wife, but definitely see the appeal of the gladiators.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There is a huge cost to owning a diesel Jeep! The outright cost, just the initial (huge) factor.
Decreased payload by 400Lbs
Constantly having to add DEF at about $40 a fill.
$300 oil changes (yeah, special diesel oil)
Lower fuel capacity than gas Jeep
Not all gas stations carry diesel
Good torque and mileage, sure...
But it'll never pay for itself

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meh, I was tempted by a Rubicon 4xe for a couple reasons. Then I test drove it...

And that’s when I knew I was set on waiting for my Bronco!
Sponsored