lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First post here howdy everyone. I currently have a 4 dr Badlands on Order. Did not opt for Sasquatch and am looking to gauge opinions and experiences with tires. I have kind of narrowed it down to the Toyo Open Country A/T III 35/12.5/18 (118R), Nitto Ridge Grappler 35/12.5/18 (128Q), and the BF Goodrich KO2 35/12.5/18 (123R). My only experience with aggressive tires is having 35" Mud Grapplers on a 09 2 door Wrangler and switching to 35 KO2's, but that was over 4 years ago and the vehicle has been sold now. If any of y'all can give me some personal reviews or insight that would be awesome. Really wanted to stay away from 20" rims as well. I have read from lurking here for a while that some love the Ridge Grapplers and some say they aren't as good in the rain. I'll primarily be going back and forth to school with occasional off roading on weekends and summer. TIA.
Sponsored

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I've had Nitto, Toyos, BFGs, and even ProComps. The Nitto were probably my favorite (although expensive), but I must say the Pro Comps were Great tires and a pretty good deal (especially when they offer the "buy 3 get 1 free" (which is really 25% off even when you get a complete set of 5) The BFGs get a little noisy after they lose the soft top surface.

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had Nitto, Toyos, BFGs, and even ProComps. The Nitto were probably my favorite (although expensive), but I must say the Pro Comps were Great tires and a pretty good deal (especially when they offer the "buy 3 get 1 free" (which is really 25% off even when you get a complete set of 5) The BFGs get a little noisy after they lose the soft top surface.
Did the Nitto's handle decent in wet conditions? And what kind of Pro Comps did you have? Did not even think to look at them

OkieB6G

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco, 2010 Forte Koup
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We had Nittos on my husband's Raptor for a bit when we first bought it. They're not bad in terms of noise/comfort, and mostly handled well in the rain but we did have some hydroplane moments. I'm going with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts on my Bronco because of recommendations on here and from friends that they're even better - good ride, capable, and snow-rated. I think both of those are great options.
Have no experience with the Toyos, but have heard on here that they're great tires too. Have no experience with the KO2s either, but have heard they are a little louder and stiffer for on-road driving.

Odd Ball

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
HD Vett Mustang Jag 911 (2)450SLs VWcab Blzr Fiat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did the Nitto's handle decent in wet conditions? And what kind of Pro Comps did you have? Did not even think to look at them
They were great in the rain, but I live in So. Cal. where we don't really see much real rain.
the Pro Comps were Xtreme Mud Terrains.

Sponsored
OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We had Nittos on my husband's Raptor for a bit when we first bought it. They're not bad in terms of noise/comfort, and mostly handled well in the rain but we did have some hydroplane moments. I'm going with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/Ts on my Bronco because of recommendations on here and from friends that they're even better - good ride, capable, and snow-rated. I think both of those are great options.
Have no experience with the Toyos, but have heard on here that they're great tires too. Have no experience with the KO2s either, but have heard they are a little louder and stiffer for on-road driving.
Noted thanks for the info. I am going to look into the Mickey Thompsons as well now. Good to know about the KO2's

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They were great in the rain, but I live in So. Cal. where we don't really see much real rain.
the Pro Comps were Xtreme Mud Terrains.
Forgot to add, since the Nittos are considerably heavier, was steering difference noticeable or no?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agree here.

Run Nitto RG's on F350 and are a great tire. No issues. Went with MT Baja AT's on Bronco. Terrific so far. Awesome in snow. Cheaper than Nitto RG's(if $300+ for tire is cheaper), made in USA, triple peak rated. Both hybrid tires but Nittos would be considered more aggressive tread. Good luck.

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
KO2's are amazing. Read the reviews on Tire Rack. I run them 100% of the year. Great on mud, snow, ice and wet roads.

OP
OP
lunzzford

lunzzford

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree here.

Run Nitto RG's on F350 and are a great tire. No issues. Went with MT Baja AT's on Bronco. Terrific so far. Awesome in snow. Cheaper than Nitto RG's(if $300+ for tire is cheaper), made in USA, triple peak rated. Both hybrid tires but Nittos would be considered more aggressive tread. Good luck.
Thanks. How's the experience in the rain so far with the MT? We get a lot of rain in Mississippi and this will be the ol daily driver.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As long as it is black and round I think you are golden. :cool:

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not a fan of BFG - too many belt separations. I've had 2 sets of Nitto RG and they've done great!! Thinking about a set for the Bronco or the MT Baja AT - leaning toward RG if they have better traction.
I'm up in Bulldog country - where are you?

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks. How's the experience in the rain so far with the MT? We get a lot of rain in Mississippi and this will be the ol daily driver.
More miles in snow than rain so far. No issues on wet roads. The only surprise I had with these was I didn't realize how aggressive the sidewall was. Which I don't mind.