Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got my 2 inch level kit and 35in tires installed yesterday ( will post pics later once the sun is out). I had planned on doing 5 tire rotations, but the owner at the shop specifically said not to do them and to keep the spare new for as long as possible. What do you guys plan to do, and why?
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I had my Wrangler I always did a five tire rotation. You will get 20% more tread life. It will save money in the long run over replacing four tires. And you will probably have to replace the spare eventually anyway because of dry rot.

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Really? So you can wear out 4 tires 20% sooner but leave one of them untouched? (And nobody is giving you anything for it after hanging out for a couple years)

If you are getting exactly the same tire next time, maybe I’d consider it, but too many variables (satisfaction, availability, competitors, price) to take that chance. Maybe it’s just me - would love to hear the logic against it…

Lucky Nut

First Edition
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really? So you can wear out 4 tires 20% sooner but leave one of them untouched? (And nobody is giving you anything for it after hanging out for a couple years)

If you are getting exactly the same tire next time, maybe I’d consider it, but too many variables (satisfaction, availability, competitors, price) to take that chance. Maybe it’s just me - would love to hear the logic against it…
This is my thinking as well.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Amcole1984

Amcole1984

Big Bend
First Name
Amber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The issue as I know it is the spare does not have a TPMS installed so if you want to rotate that into production, expect to have to rotate the sensor as well. I could be wrong, but this was my current Ford issue. Then if you put a sensor on the spare, the computer gets confused as to which tire is which. I just leave the spare as a spare.
If I'm not mistaken, the spare on the Bronco does have a tpms sensor installed.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Alvin Olson

Wildtrak
First Name
Alvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Raptor - 2017 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rotate it in. Zero downside. Tires have a shelf life especially when exposed to the elements and UV light.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you plan on going with the same tire once the original ones wear, 4 tire rotation. BUT, put that spare in duty and take one of your new ones and mount it to the swing gate 👍🏻

MandM

Wildtrak
First Name
Michele
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Trailblazer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If I'm not mistaken, the spare on the Bronco does have a tpms sensor installed.
I had a five tire rotation done in October. There was some question if the spare had the sensor. After i saw on here a couple things that said it had the sensor, I asked the dealer to double check before just doing a four tire rotation. They did the five tire rotation and the sensor on the spare was picked up and is displaying on the dash.

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I had my Wrangler I always did a five tire rotation. You will get 20% more tread life. It will save money in the long run over replacing four tires. And you will probably have to replace the spare eventually anyway because of dry rot.
At what intervals did you rotate to see the 20%? Do radials not have to turn the same direction anymore or did they never have to? Looking at Tire Racks direction to rotate the spare, it would have them turn both directions. Thanks.

blsbikes2

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Worked in a Sears Auto center for 2 years while in school. Customers asked about this now and then. If within the normal first rotation recommendation in the owners manual, fine. But if the tires had like 20K miles on them and the spare had zero, don't do it. The 'new' tire will be fractionally taller then the old one on the opposite side. This can cause extra mechanical ware and handling issues. Also the spare has not been broken in so extra care would be needed the first few hundred miles. The more senior guys always said no don't do it. I have seen people wno needed new tires just buy 3 and use the spare as the 4th and then use an old tire as the spare. If the tire is not dried out, OK, but I don't do it. To me the spare is just that, a spare. Do put some aire in it now and then. Better safe than save a few hundred bucks.
Sponsored