Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@lunzzford

At my hobby shop where I do consulting (a high volume Jeep build shop) I have the nickname of Tire Slut... I have had a lot of different tires. And have sold hundreds of sets.

Of the 3 on the OP's list, the Toyo and BFG perform very well in inclement weather. The Ridge Grapplers do not. The Ridge Grappler is better in rocky off-road conditions than the other 2.

Now here's the kicker... The Falken AT3W is as good as the BFG and Toyo in bad weather and as good as the Nitto off-road... Add the Falken to your list of options, you won't regret it.
I was looking at the Falkens but noticed they are significantly heavier than comparable tires… have you found that to be noticeable?

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was looking at the Falkens but noticed they are significantly heavier than comparable tires… have you found that to be noticeable?
It is on the heavier side, but I haven't found it noticeable... I do have them on my Frontier and it's a better tire that the BFG's it came with. But for customers, if it's a concern, I suggest going with the KO2's as they are usually one of the lighter tires in most sizes.

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is on the heavier side, but I haven't found it noticeable... I do have them on my Frontier and it's a better tire that the BFG's it came with. But for customers, if it's a concern, I suggest going with the KO2's as they are usually one of the lighter tires in most sizes.
Neither my wife nor I like ko2’s
Blasphemy I know

what’s your though on:
Yoko x-mt g0005
Milestar mt 02
35”

I LIKE the thoughts of both. Haven’t bought any of that style tire in YEARS
I last bought Michelin xl 900x16 NEW in 2002!

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Neither my wife nor I like ko2’s
Blasphemy I know

what’s your though on:
Yoko x-mt g0005
Milestar mt 02
35”

I LIKE the thoughts of both. Haven’t bought any of that style tire in YEARS
I last bought Michelin xl 900x16 NEW in 2002!
Well, I'm running Patagonia's on all of my Jeeps... But, it's a tire that is either liked or hated and it's very difficult to determine why it goes one way or the other. On my 4dr they have 25,000 miles and it's my wife's daily driver. They have worn perfectly flat with rotations every 5k miles. But you will find people that say theirs were toast at 25k miles. For a mud terrain, they are remarkable quiet.

This image is with about 22,000 miles and 11/32's left. They currently sit at 9/32's... I like this image, because it tells the truth about feathering or odd wear, none to be seen.

Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy tire wear

The X-MT gets pretty good reviews for performance. I haven't been able to experience them personally. I do know from a couple of Jeep runs and conversations with owners that they are around typical noise for a mud terrain. So expect them to hum... But they look fantastic.

As for KO2's, I don't choose them for myself either... Falken's for sure. But the other tire I do like is the Baja Boss A/T, looks good and performs very well.

Cale

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Love my Nitto Grapplers 285/75 r17 w/ 1” level. Stock Big Bend wheels/rims.
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 1B20B588-BA07-4405-B6EF-0C8220893286
Ford Bronco Undecided on Tire to buy 3444AF9E-3283-4188-925D-3F7D2838FAFA
Sponsored