Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Didn’t we just have a whole thread on this yesterday?

Instrument panel sucks / ergonomic disaster area …
Sponsored

Aaonter

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JLR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Didn’t we just have a whole thread on this yesterday?

Instrument panel sucks / ergonomic disaster area …
Yeah, Speedo usually is always either center or right with tach on the left. I think what bothers me the most is it is not even symmetrical. Why is the speedo lower than the cluster? I am sure in the future the layout could be changed but it looks like a Windows 95 design too. Why all the drop shadows, boxes and gradients. The should have kept it simple and clean.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered a 2021 bronco and it is now a 2022.
I have been trying to get a good look at the guages in front of the steering wheel and it seems like Ford is purposely making it extremely difficult to see.
When you do get a glance at the gauges I am not going lightly with my reply.
THEY COULDN'T SUCK ANY MORE!
It would be more functional if it broadcast the weather channel.
WHEN you get it, you will see options to change the right side popup to view trips, mpg, hours behind the wheel. You also see the gear and mode you are in, water temp, fuel tank level, and instantaneous velocity (speed in the direction normally headed) and engine revs.

Yes they are a combination of analog digital and bar graph, and yes you can click through to see your tire pressures but there is no readout for engine oil pressure or fluid level or transmission oil temp/pressure - but what is it you want to see? You are suggesting that what you see in digital representation that may not reflect actual production from the Ford website is all you can see (and rightly so)

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, Speedo usually is always either center or right with tach on the left. I think what bothers me the most is it is not even symmetrical. Why is the speedo lower than the cluster? I am sure in the future the layout could be changed but it looks like a Windows 95 design too. Why all the drop shadows, boxes and gradients. The should have kept it simple and clean.
Traditional race/rally vehicles place speedo in front of navigator and only tach in front of driver. One drives flat out toying with redline, milking power and torque while preserving engine to fly another day while navigator tells driver when and which direction to turn.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, Speedo usually is always either center or right with tach on the left.
Curiously enough, both my current vehicles, 87 Samurai and 03 F250, both have the speedo on the left, tach on the right.

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Curiously enough, both my current vehicles, 87 Samurai and 03 F250, both have the speedo on the left, tach on the right.
The Samurai was designed with the steering wheel on the right.

The F250, designed by committee - lucky to have a tach at all. Look at the cost savings Ford did with the Pinto gas tank to provide a tach.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Speedo is on the left and tach on the right on the ‘08 JK too.

I get the Speedo on the left harking back to the early Bronco dash. They just need to fix the tach.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does unfunctinable mean?

The thing is set up differently, but you get used to it. I don't understand what is the big deal?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since this thread hasn't completely died, can someone please update the title to dysfunctional? As alternative titles I'll also take: poor ergonomics of the instrument cluster and "I ate too much lead as a kid and now my brain is Unfunctinable".
Sponsored