Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

how strong are D rings?
How strong is steel capable bumper? can you stand on it?
Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forgive me if this has been covered...
If this is the standard bumper on '22 Black Diamond and Badlands, does this mean they come with the factory fog light switch and wiring, despite changing your order to a modular bumper?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you seen this in writing anywhere? It has been mentioned a couple times in the forums but I haven’t seen anything stating that Ford isn’t going to charge for modular bumpers if you ordered a BL/BD.
Yes, it's on the Ford Bronco page, provided in the language of an email from Ford to me when I was notified the meet with my dealer to reorder for MY '22, and confirmed by my dealer when I reordered for MY '22.

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Forgive me if this has been covered...
If this is the standard bumper on '22 Black Diamond and Badlands, does this mean they come with the factory fog light switch and wiring, despite changing your order to a modular bumper?
I would not expect it. Wiring, probably, switch, not a chance IMHO.

Sponsored

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I kept the Capable bumper on the MY22 build as I expect to change the bumper and figure someone will buy it off me to put on their Base, BB, or OBX
That someone might just be me. The capable bumper appears to have better aerodynamics than the modular, and the fog light placement is a win in my opinion.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sure, based on statistics I just made up for this post, driving my non-existent Bronco over some imaginary obstacles, the bumper bent alarmingly in my minds eye.

The only real-world experience I have with the "heavy duty" front bumper is from the Filson event in Seattle getting to feel/touch the vehicles and put about a combined 500 lbs load onto the corner of the bumper on the Filson unit (myself and another forum member used our combined bodyweight).

It was not able to handle 500 lbs without deforming enough to lead both of us to the conclusion that the bumper isn't going to be capable of holding vehicle weight without deforming enough to contact the body, and that was with the end cap fully installed to provide additional structural support. Now add a sharp impact or sudden load in excess of body weight and we didn't feel there was a chance in hell you escape without fender damage at minimum.

20201023_121513.jpg

20201023_115949.jpg
I've never switched out a bumper or anything. Is it difficult to switch out the plastic bumper (or more likely hire someone to do it) for what you call a "real" bumper? How would I know before buying a new bumper if it would withstand impacts? Thanks!

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yes, it's on the Ford Bronco page, provided in the language of an email from Ford to me when I was notified the meet with my dealer to reorder for MY '22, and confirmed by my dealer when I reordered for MY '22.
Hello Efthreeoh. Does Ford automatically notify you to meet with your dealer to reorder for MY 22? I’ve been filled with anxiety about this, as I prefer the modular bumper. My dealer doesn’t seem to know anything about the update reordering?!?!

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello Efthreeoh. Does Ford automatically notify you to meet with your dealer to reorder for MY 22? I’ve been filled with anxiety about this, as I prefer the modular bumper. My dealer doesn’t seem to know anything about the update reordering?!?!
I reserved in September 2020 after the 19th. September 19, 2020 was the original cut off date FoMoCo used to determine dealership allocation quantities for MY '21 production. That timing put me in for a MY '22 production Bronco based on my dealer's original allocation allotment from Ford.

I converted my reservation to a MY '21 order in early March 2021 before the March 19th, 2020 order deadline. My dealership is a small Ford dealer in a rural county in Central Virginia. Through all the early 2021 commodity card shuffling, I ended up in my dealer's MY '21 allocation. Well, until the MIC top 1.0 production delay. MIC top delays and commodity constraints pretty much killed most all of my dealer's MY '21 orders along with a few customers who dropped out altogether.

Apologies for a long winded answer, but my resrevation/order timing sequence and my specific dealership's plight through the 2021 production MIC/commodity shuffle is highly relevant to my situation.

So if you had an active MY '21 order with your dealership or were a reservation holder you should have received an email from Ford in mid-October to contact your dealership to re-place your order for a MY '22 production Bronco. I got my email on October 13th. My dealer emailed me a few days prior to October 13th. I ordered my 2022 Bronco on October 15th or thereabouts and I got an order confirmation email from Ford a few days later. Last week I got an email noting my production schedule and a VIN. All confirmed at my original MY '21 price.

Last edited:

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I reserved in September 2020 after the 19th. September 19, 2020 was the original cut off date FoMoCo used to determine dealership allocation quantities for MY '21 production. That timing put me in for a MY '22 production Bronco based on my dealer's original allocation number from Ford.

I converted my reservation to a MY '21 order in early March 2021 before the March 19th, 2020 order deadline. My dealership is a small Ford dealer in a rural county in Central Virginia. Through all the early 2021 commodity card shuffling, I ended up in my dealer's MY '21 allocation. Well, until the MIC top 1.0 production delay. MIC top delays and commodity constraints pretty much killed most all of my dealer's MY '21 orders along with a few customers who dropped out altogether.

Apologies for a long winded answer, but my resrevation/order timing sequence and my specific dealership's plight through the 2021 production MIC/commodity shuffle is highly relevant to my situation.

So if you had an active MY '21 order with your dealership or were a reservation holder you should have received an email from Ford in mid-October to contact your dealership to re-place your order for a MY '22 production Bronco. I got my email on October 13th. My dealer emailed me a few days prior to October 13th. I ordered my 2022 Bronco on October 15th or thereabouts and I got an order confirmation email from Ford a few days later. Last week I got an email noting my production schedule and a VIN. All confirmed with my original MY '21 price.
Thank you very much. I truly appreciate your detailed response. My situation is slightly different. I ordered my Bronco July 23rd 2021. also from a small town dealership up here in Georgetown Ontario Canada. So I’m approximately a year behind you. All my dealer knows for certain, is I’m in line awaiting a VIN.. With you’re shared knowledge, I suppose I’ll eventually receive an email from Ford to update a MY 22 order? 😨

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford should have sent you an email in October saying your order was updated to a 2022 assuming you converted your reservation to an order previously. It is your responsibility to reach out to your dealer unless you happen to be at a proactive dealer. My understanding is that if you hadn’t converted your reservation, you have to do so online but I could be wrong about that as I had converted my reservation last March.

I updated my order earlier this month with the changes that came with 2022. I’m keeping the capable assuming I’ll change to a more “capable of getting me out of a jam” bumper later!

Last edited:

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I went with the capable bumper on my Badlands because from what I read the modular was a commodity constraint. Plus the capable is cheaper and has fog lights. Looks fine to me. I may upgrade the bumper but honestly have not seen any good bumpers that catch my eye or that look like boat anchors.

In another year or two there will be a lot more bumpers to choose from that weren’t rushed to market and are actually functional and offer good protection and good wench placement.

Strong & Free

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy Nova
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford should have sent you an email in October saying your order was updated to a 2020 assuming you converted your reservation to an order previously. It is your responsibility to reach out to your dealer unless you happen to be at a proactive dealer. My understanding is that if you hadn’t converted your reservation, you have to do so online but I could be wrong about that as I had converted my reservation last March.

I updated my order earlier this month with the changes that came with 2022. I’m keeping the capable assuming I’ll change to a more “capable of getting me out of a jam” bumper later!
I didn’t have a reservation. I simply ordered with $1000 deposit and bill of sale in July 2021. Do I still have an opportunity to update my order? If so.. how? Thank you

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I didn’t have a reservation. I simply ordered with $1000 deposit and bill of sale in July 2021. Do I still have an opportunity to update my order? If so.. how? Thank you
Should be the same. I reserved in 2020 but order went in March of 21. If you do not have a vin, you can certainly update your order. Contact your dealer.
Sponsored