First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks ok, but no way is this bumper going to be "capable" for any length of time off-road in the rocks. Also wish it had more openings to mount lights and a winch. My current plan to cut it up and/or replace it ASAP.
Sponsored

KKCSHIPP

Base
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Base Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Iā€™ll buy one, as long as a Bronco comes attached.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ultimately, from a performance perspective: NEITHER are viable bumpers once you take the vehicle off road if you want them to survive any contact.

The "heavy duty" bumper is not "heavy duty" enough to take any abuse. It's thin gauge metal and my guess is that it will fold up into the body while off-roading pretty easily.
Any stats to back up the claim that the HD bumper would not survive any contact off road?

Sponsored

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I always liked the capable and was disappointed that it wasn't offered on the MY21. Looks great with the D rings in the bumperettes and fog lights.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any stats to back up the claim that the HD bumper would not survive any contact off road?
Sure, based on statistics I just made up for this post, driving my non-existent Bronco over some imaginary obstacles, the bumper bent alarmingly in my minds eye.

The only real-world experience I have with the "heavy duty" front bumper is from the Filson event in Seattle getting to feel/touch the vehicles and put about a combined 500 lbs load onto the corner of the bumper on the Filson unit (myself and another forum member used our combined bodyweight).

It was not able to handle 500 lbs without deforming enough to lead both of us to the conclusion that the bumper isn't going to be capable of holding vehicle weight without deforming enough to contact the body, and that was with the end cap fully installed to provide additional structural support. Now add a sharp impact or sudden load in excess of body weight and we didn't feel there was a chance in hell you escape without fender damage at minimum.

Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper 20201023_121513

Ford Bronco Up-Close Pics: 2022 Capable Front Bumper 20201023_115949

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I like that is already wired for fog lights and there is a fog light button on the light cluster. I like that it is 'free' on some trims... But way prefer the mod and a small handful of less is more aftermarket front bumpers.
Oh, does it come with the fog lights built in?

_jeff

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Lightning Pro, 14 FLD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered the modular. Too good of a bumper for the price.

Sponsored

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sure, based on statistics I just made up for this post, driving my non-existent Bronco over some imaginary obstacles, the bumper bent alarmingly in my minds eye.

The only real-world experience I have with the "heavy duty" front bumper is from the Filson event in Seattle getting to feel/touch the vehicles and put about a combined 500 lbs load onto the corner of the bumper on the Filson unit (myself and another forum member used our combined bodyweight).

It was not able to handle 500 lbs without deforming enough to lead both of us to the conclusion that the bumper isn't going to be capable of holding vehicle weight without deforming enough to contact the body, and that was with the end cap fully installed to provide additional structural support. Now add a sharp impact or sudden load in excess of body weight and we didn't feel there was a chance in hell you escape without fender damage at minimum.

I appreciate the information. Sucks to hear that it bent that easily. I hoped that they would have had some decent thickness to the steel but sounds like they must have went cheap with it. I know a lot of the "name brand" bumpers I see offered aftermarket seem to be weak steel also. I wish some stores had bumpers in person to feel and gauge the thickness.

Peter Gosenya

Badlands
First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least the shackles canā€™t be stolen and you get a free fog light switch you can make run on Bambi mode when you replace it with a better bumper

Grooticus

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Now that I can see it up close itā€™s clear there are no places to attach a front plate. Lame.

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wonder how long before this becomes a constraint. Mid-january?
Sponsored