Sponsored

Upcoming Ford and Lincoln Digital Experience Infotainment system (Sync 4 replacement)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Found this on Carscoops.

Ford and Lincoln have unveiled an all-new ‘Digital Experience,’ essentially a 3-in-1 infotainment solution. The primary component is based on Android and features Google-built in. This means the infotainment system comes with Google Maps and Google Assistant integration. However, for those who prefer to mirror their phone, the setup also supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, along with a choice of three voice assistants: Google Assistant (the default), Apple’s Siri, or Amazon’s Alexa.

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this on Carscoops.

Ford and Lincoln have unveiled an all-new ‘Digital Experience,’ essentially a 3-in-1 infotainment solution. The primary component is based on Android and features Google-built in. This means the infotainment system comes with Google Maps and Google Assistant integration. However, for those who prefer to mirror their phone, the setup also supports both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, along with a choice of three voice assistants: Google Assistant (the default), Apple’s Siri, or Amazon’s Alexa.

Are you sure it's not meant to say its a 3-to-1 odds that the system will not work properly after updates?

Kidding aside, hopefully it will work better then the current system.

Also.... In before the Apple/Android battle starts 🤭

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Are you sure it's not meant to say its a 3-to-1 odds that the system will not work properly after updates?

Maybe Ford will go the GM route and discontinue Apple and Android car services in favor of their proprietary one?

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe Ford will go the GM route and discontinue Apple and Android car services in favor of their proprietary one?
Doubtful. It's just changing the underlying operation system from QNX (aka: BlackBerry OS) to Android.

After the backlash GM got from their announcements, Ford seemed to get the message that people want CarPlay/Android Auto.

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Tangent: Personally I like the interior of the 24 Nautilus. And it's not all electric which is a huge win.
Ford Bronco Upcoming Ford and Lincoln Digital Experience Infotainment system (Sync 4 replacement) Capture2.JPG
The double screen is odd. Just lose the bottom screen if you are going to replace the whole dash with a screen. 🤷‍♂️

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Doubtful. It's just changing the underlying operation system from QNX (aka: BlackBerry OS) to Android.

After the backlash GM got from their announcements, Ford seemed to get the message that people want CarPlay/Android Auto.
I don't expect ford to learn anything anymore. Just saying.

But my point was that Ford could be doing something worse... like going with their home brewed stuff. lol

The double screen is odd. Just lose the bottom screen if you are going to replace the whole dash with a screen. 🤷‍♂️
I believe the lower screen is the interface and the others are just displays.

coadr

Badlands
First Name
Coady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking forward to this hopefully resulting in the new version of CarPlay when we get an interior refresh!

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Found this on Carscoops.

Man. Just can’t wait to see the instructions for the retrofit from @flip, @Ducati1098, or @BigMeatsBronco so I can somehow fit that big ole screen on my dash. :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone need it? No, Are people going to want it? Yep!

Just gotta find some excuse for off-roading, like if I can show all of the 360 cameras at once. Ideas Ford. ;)

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man. Just can’t wait to see the instructions for the retrofit from @flip, @Ducati1098, or @BigMeatsBronco so I can somehow fit that big ole screen on my dash. :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone need it? No, Are people going to want it? Yep!

Just gotta find some excuse for off-roading, like if I can show all of the 360 cameras at once. Ideas Ford. ;)
I just took some training on this last week and have come to the conclusion it sounds great in marketing and will have tons of problems.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Kinda looks like you started the battle @j_marinelli 🤬 But it's ok, we all know that iPhones SUCK!

Anyways, I just wanted to state that the current software Ford has been running since last summer has already had 3 to 1 odds that it works. Been rather buggy since that fateful update last year. And since I can't go back to an older version, I now keep auto update on in the HOPES that they will actually fix it. Stupid me I guess 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored