Sponsored

Upcoming Ford and Lincoln Digital Experience Infotainment system (Sync 4 replacement)

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford had rumoured this for the 2023 models but it didn't happen, so it has been in the works for a bit.

I thought buying a first year vehicle was problematic I can only imagine how bad big Blue will mess this up.. I'll pass.

Too bad they can't work with Mazda again..their infotainment was awesome.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just took some training on this last week and have come to the conclusion it sounds great in marketing and will have tons of problems.
Well that just sucks.

Guess 12 inches is all you get fellas. :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Toccoa

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Too bad they can't work with Mazda again..their infotainment was awesome.
Mazda has the best infotainment setup for sure. The knob makes it effortless and safer to use.

pillar406

Outer Banks
First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.keeseemotorcompany.com
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe Ford will go the GM route and discontinue Apple and Android car services in favor of their proprietary one?
That won't happen. Google and Ford have made investments in each other and will be staying together for the foreseeable future

Sponsored

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'd be happy if they just fixed the Sync/CarPlay bluetooth connectivity so I don't have to use the damned cable. It sucks balls.

MotoVexGT

Badlands
First Name
Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hm. I have virtually no issue with my Android Auto, wired or wireless. Wonder what's up with y'all's.

Sounds like they are building it with "Android Automotive" (because, you know, that's not at all confusing vs "Android Auto"). If it became an option, I'd happily replace the Sync4 system with that and take a load off the phone.

Considering some other infotainment systems I've used out there, I much prefer Sync4. Never used the Mazda one, though.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hm. I have virtually no issue with my Android Auto, wired or wireless. Wonder what's up with y'all's.

Sounds like they are building it with "Android Automotive" (because, you know, that's not at all confusing vs "Android Auto"). If it became an option, I'd happily replace the Sync4 system with that and take a load off the phone.

Considering some other infotainment systems I've used out there, I much prefer Sync4. Never used the Mazda one, though.
I have also had no issues with the wireless connectivity with apple carplay and my car.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That won't happen. Google and Ford have made investments in each other and will be staying together for the foreseeable future
Ask Microsoft how that went with Ford

brkdncr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It’s sad that no one could get the true QNX experience that BlackBerry advertised years ago. The OS is such a beast, and is a lot more capable than what we see in Ford or any other auto manufacturer’s vehicles.

That being said, taking the UI away from Ford and putting into the hands of people with UI experience might be good. Auto manufacturers have been really slow to adopt to rapid, incremental improvement development cycles.
Sponsored