Sponsored

Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady…

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the best answer here. Make sure they acknowledge that if they don't give you that cash off now, they'll be sending you a check for the amount shortly, and you'll have to negotiate with the dealership how they're going to handle that.
Yeah, I even had the guy initially my clause. My only regret is that I didn’t write a note under the financing terms.
Maybe they’ll accept my witness (Dad), who was there in case I didn’t take delivery
Sponsored

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They want to pick up a few point of rate on you. From buy rate to sell rate, so they want you to finance a small amount. We used to ask people to finance 5k to help us out
Which might have been fine, but that’s not the bill I was sold. They wouldn’t allow me to add a nickel more to the existing down payment made in my original order date (2/2/2021)

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my case, I can’t put down a down payment, nor can I go with the Credit Union, where I already have approved financing.

according to them, I MUST go with their financing for whatever rate they deem appropriate for me to buy my Bronco
That is total BS sounds like they are just being assholes but they hold all the cards unfortunately. Sounds like they are making it hard in hopes you back out so they can mark it up.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is total BS sounds like they are just being assholes but they hold all the cards unfortunately. Sounds like they are making it hard in hopes you back out so they can mark it up.
I got that feeling, too. Basically, I got $1220 ADM, cloaked in $700 Interest and the dealership’s $520 kickback.

then I get to refinance 3-months from now for a different (higher) rate.

Last edited:

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Marauder You mind if I ask who the dealer is? You can PM if you don't want to blow them up, I just want to know what I may be getting into if we are at the same dealer...

Sponsored

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In my case, I can’t put down a down payment, nor can I go with the Credit Union, where I already have approved financing.

according to them, I MUST go with their financing for whatever rate they deem appropriate for me to buy my Bronco
WTF! I bought my Bronco over the weekend and the finance guy was overjoyed when I said I’d already been pre-approved dor 2.29% with NFCU. He said he couldn’t touch that with Ford or any other financial institution he was gonna shop it out to. Best he could do was 2.89, and he was happy to let me use NFCU. All he cares about was that his dealership got their money. 🤷🏼‍♂️

phocion

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

More likely dumb or uninformed than shady, but yeah.
Upon further evaluation, they have been upgraded to shady. Your dealer sucks, OP.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which might have been fine, but that’s not the bill I was sold. They wouldn’t allow me to add a nickel more to the existing down payment made in my original order date (2/2/2021)
Get in the box, finance, and call a lawyer on speaker as he's printing up documents.

kje22kje

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 4Runner TRD Off Rd
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Marauder You mind if I ask who the dealer is? You can PM if you don't want to blow them up, I just want to know what I may be getting into if we are at the same dealer...
Same here. Many of us StL metro folks might be interested.

Sponsored

David196

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Traverse
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Bare in mind, I can also make the full payment, but they are forcing me to finance something for a minimum of 3 months
Quickest and simplest answer. The lending institute they're going to give you will give the dealership a "commission" per say if you keep the loan for 90 days. If you finance and transfer or pay the loan off the dealership won't get any money for selling you the loan

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got that feeling, too. Basically, I got $1220 ADM, cloaked in $700 Interest and the dealership’s $520 kickback.

yep sorry that sucks

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The loan contract likely says “no prepayment penalty” and does not contain a prepayment penalty within the Truth in Lending Disclosure box. You can pay off the day it is funded. They’ll get the reserve charged back

Mpatient1

Black Diamond
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BD CO/MID, 2006 mustang pony package
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

why would you refinance higher?
Sponsored