Sponsored

Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady…

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just a strange process they put you in. Desk stores suck, they aren't sales people - they are order takers ;)

Find a dealership where the salesperson doesn't get up from the desk after every payment question you ask. If you were at a dealership that wasn't operating with a manager getting involved for every T.O. - then damn, they need to find a new profession.
I agree. Unfortunately, the salesman I had for over a year got “promoted” at the end of January. I was then assigned someone who was very under-qualified. By then, it was far too late.

I wouldn’t be the least bit shocked if their floor has a high turnover rate. There seemed to be a lot of green blood on the floor who were more reliant on my knowledge than I was expecting.

As a former salesman while going through college, I knew there were going to be customers possessing far more knowledge than I would have. I expect a mechanic to know more about the engine’s framework than the person spitting out brochure stats… but I became keenly aware they were unaware of simple differences between each Bronco variant.

Also, everyone of them somehow owned a Bronco, yet no one drove theirs into work…
:unsure::unsure::unsure:
Sponsored

JoshuaPrieto

Big Bend
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2022 Explorer, 2022 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
hmmm... who wouldnt want to drive theirs everyDAY. I know I do(old photo, too lazy to actually get up)
Ford Bronco Update 4/6: Is Lou Fusz Ford Being Shady… 271208679_1094571867966221_5416797032754542883_n

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yea, actually there are anti-money-laundering laws in pretty much every state. In my state you can't drop more than $10,000 without their being a hold period of between 5-10 days and where the bank must transmit the money directly after submitting a few forms to the state DOR.

On top of that, the dealer is then subject to a whole mess of annoying forms and disclosures to the IRS.

Many dealerships will simply say "NO" to all-cash deals as it's not worth the hassle. On top of that, if the customer walks on a Bronco, they will make an extra $10K, why bother???????

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/smal...rade-or-business-motor-vehicle-dealership-qas
It's 10,000 in cash, i.e. paper money. If you have a check from your bank (which I'd say is 99.9% of the time) it isn't on the dealer to file any forms or on the bank if you get the check with money in your account.

If a customer purchased a cashier's check at the bank for over $10,000, would the bank report the transaction? Does the seller of a vehicle need to report the transaction if the same cashier's check is subsequently used to purchase a vehicle?

• If the cashier's check was purchased with cash exceeding $10,000, the bank would file a Currency Transaction Report (not a Form 8300).
  • The purchase of a vehicle with a cashier's check, bank draft, traveler's check or money order with a face amount of more than $10,000 is not treated as cash and a business does not have to file Form 8300 when it receives them.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Marauder

Time to update the thread title, add an update to the opening post, and official out this scumbag dealer.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Marauder

Time to update the thread title, add an update to the opening post, and official out this scumbag dealer.
You’re not wrong, but I am going to create a new thread once I’ve documented it all. I do think this one needs be updated to a more current Thread Title as ***HOT*** was my way of indicating it was timely.

I plan to link this thread to the new one, but ultimately let the two stand independently.

I really do appreciate this user community that I think both are deserving. I received multiple DM’s that amazingly predicted what dealership, largely based on past business dealings.

In this way, I am not only sharing my experience with the dealership to better inform others who may have current of future thoughts on dealing with them, but I can also shed light on a predatory and thinly veiled practice to extort customers so they can be even more prepared than I was.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You’re not wrong, but I am going to create a new thread once I’ve documented it all. I do think this one needs be updated to a more current Thread Title as ***HOT*** was my way of indicating it was timely.

I plan to link this thread to the new one, but ultimately let the two stand independently.

I really do appreciate this user community that I think both are deserving. I received multiple DM’s that amazingly predicted what dealership, largely based on past business dealings.

In this way, I am not only sharing my experience with the dealership to better inform others who may have current of future thoughts on dealing with them, but I can also shed light on a predatory and thinly veiled practice to extort customers so they can be even more prepared than I was.
I understand your long-term goal to create a new thread and link the two, but you should know that many people on this forum only read the opening post and immediately jump to the end to add their vast wisdom in their first reply. Changing the thread title and adding a quick update to the opening post might alleviate some of that unnecessary nonsense that the rest of us have to wade through.

You can always add another update when you create your new thread and link the two.

First BaseMan

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just to be sure I follow, are they going to be sending you a check for the price protection credit from Ford? If they are and you have to wait 45 days for them to get paid by Ford and then wait for a check from them they probably make that process a huge pain in the ass if you blow them up here or elsewhere.

Educ8or78

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hello there, just give them this. It is not a rebate to the customer and will not reflect in the Vincent system. It is paid on their dealer statement

What are the new 2022 MY MSRP price protection amounts for customers who placed an order prior to March 19, 2021?

Bronco two-doorBronco four-door
Base$2,300$1,500
Big Bend$1,900$1,500
Black Diamond™$2,475$2,075
Outer Banks™$1,900$1,500
Wildtrak$2,800$2,445
Badlands$2,975$2,575
I showed

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

After a lot of consideration and reflection, I have decided it would be appropriate to include the Dealership’s Name in the Title for those in and around the St Louis Area who have or will be dealing with them in the near future.

I intend to fully document my experience in a later thread, but this one was created at the moment it was time to sign in the Buyer’s Order. The quote below is unaltered and will remain how it appeared in the heat of the moment.

This and then subsequent updates also unravel further questionable business ethics unexpectedly thrown into the sales equation, including forced financing at an unconscionable rate.

I will follow up with future updates, as well.

To the Bronco6G Community, you’ve been an invaluable asset. A wealth of support and information. Thanks to all of you who responded to this thread, both during and after my marathon negotiation. I hope this will provide value for those preparing to or in the middle of purchasing ANY new vehicle.
I hate that dealership. The day I got put of the army from over seas I was there trying to buy a truck. And the salesman came out and said. Hey kid the used lot is over there.

I lost my mind..
I have never been so disrespected in all of my life. I will never do anything with that dealer again. Even if my bronco accidently went there. I'd let it go and order a new one.

@#$% those people.
And that a$$&>$# sales manager

mmd1350

Black Diamond
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

After a lot of consideration and reflection, I have decided it would be appropriate to include the Dealership’s Name in the Title for those in and around the St Louis Area who have or will be dealing with them in the near future.

I intend to fully document my experience in a later thread, but this one was created at the moment it was time to sign in the Buyer’s Order. The quote below is unaltered and will remain how it appeared in the heat of the moment.

This and then subsequent updates also unravel further questionable business ethics unexpectedly thrown into the sales equation, including forced financing at an unconscionable rate.

I will follow up with future updates, as well.

To the Bronco6G Community, you’ve been an invaluable asset. A wealth of support and information. Thanks to all of you who responded to this thread, both during and after my marathon negotiation. I hope this will provide value for those preparing to or in the middle of purchasing ANY new vehicle.
We used them once to lease a truck. When we asked for leasing options they looked at us like we had 3 heads. Like they couldn’t comprehend how to do a lease and it was a big ordeal. Never again. Thankfully I went to Clement for my order and should have it in the next few days, hoping my experience is smooth, it has been so far other than ford holding mine since it was in production on 12/6.

are you a fellow cyber oranger? Asking based on your profile pic. I haven’t seen any others around yet.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's 10,000 in cash, i.e. paper money. If you have a check from your bank (which I'd say is 99.9% of the time) it isn't on the dealer to file any forms or on the bank if you get the check with money in your account.

If a customer purchased a cashier's check at the bank for over $10,000, would the bank report the transaction? Does the seller of a vehicle need to report the transaction if the same cashier's check is subsequently used to purchase a vehicle?

• If the cashier's check was purchased with cash exceeding $10,000, the bank would file a Currency Transaction Report (not a Form 8300).
  • The purchase of a vehicle with a cashier's check, bank draft, traveler's check or money order with a face amount of more than $10,000 is not treated as cash and a business does not have to file Form 8300 when it receives them.
Hey, i'll only share what friends who were finance managers for dealerships have told me.

And the number of people who walk in with actual cash to plop down on 740iL's (black on black on black, of course!) is drastically higher than you would guess.

As always, the state regs vary across the land. WA DOR has a field day with cash transactions.

ThugBunnyExpress

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lambofeeties
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sorry... you are missing the MIEL as well.
Monetary instrument purchase with cash.
Which is $5,000.00
And if you walked in the bank when I was managing and paid cash for a cashiers check and your balances don't match that kind of money you better believe I am checking those bills

Puddle Jumper

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Edge Titanium AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In my case, I can’t put down a down payment, nor can I go with the Credit Union, where I already have approved financing.

according to them, I MUST go with their financing for whatever rate they deem appropriate for me to buy my Bronco
Shady tactics to claim you are not allowed to use your own funds provided by your own CU. They don’t like it because they won’t make any reserve for sending the contract to a bank they are signed up with. I know here in Ohio, requesting is one thing, but requiring financing won’t fly. If you carry financing for 90+ days, the dealer can avoid any chargebacks from the lender for you paying off the loan early or refinancing at your own lender. Are you capturing any rebate for financing at Ford Credit or something? Last check, there wasn’t any rebate program that I was aware of. If you provide me your Zip Code and Last Name, I can check for any programs on the VINCENT to see what incentives you are actually eligible for. Just DM if you want me to. 🍻

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to be sure I follow, are they going to be sending you a check for the price protection credit from Ford? If they are and you have to wait 45 days for them to get paid by Ford and then wait for a check from them they probably make that process a huge pain in the ass if you blow them up here or elsewhere.
I’m not blowing them up at all. This is the actions they appear to take with every valued customer. It appears they’ve been doing this for years. I just didn’t know this because their Kia Franchise doesn’t operate like this.

OP
OP
Marauder

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We used them once to lease a truck. When we asked for leasing options they looked at us like we had 3 heads. Like they couldn’t comprehend how to do a lease and it was a big ordeal. Never again. Thankfully I went to Clement for my order and should have it in the next few days, hoping my experience is smooth, it has been so far other than ford holding mine since it was in production on 12/6.

are you a fellow cyber oranger? Asking based on your profile pic. I haven’t seen any others around yet.
Yep, a Cyber Orange 2-DR.

I am glad I chose the color. Seeing that big hood shimmering on a day like today is pretty neat. Plus, it really shows off the vehicle lines. You’re going to like the color!
Sponsored