First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Reservation dates still better fucking mean something!
That would be the right way, but, come on... you know better. It means less than it should.
Sponsored

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Update 7/30:

Some notes:

- The 550 per shift total production target doesn't mean they'll be producing that many every available day from now thru December. We aren't going to see 65,000(or 55,000, or even 45,000) MY21 Bronc
Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

No direct connection to MAP, just a well-sourced guy.
os... and if we did there would be a HUGE number of soft top stock units heading out. There could be as many as 3 more weeks of downtime scheduled before the end of the MY21 run, along with balance adjustments and slowdowns to deal with commodity issues.

- MAP has been clearing the traced units backlog this week so I have to believe some of you will be seeing your trucks soon. I wouldn't expect the tracker to update in this situation but your dealer will get a pre-delivery notice.

- Looks like we're getting closer to a resolution on the MIC roof issues. That's all I can say.

What a time to be alive, right?

As many owners anxiously await word on their "traced" units produced a month (or more) ago,

Q&A

Misalignment of the top when installed or abend in the framing after installation.

Two per day with Saturdays coming online earlier than expected.

I was told to expect normal scheduling to begin next week, but that was 2 weeks ago and the situation still seems fluid.

While there have been a few one-off issues with delivered units, no other major concerns have presented themselves. The MIC roof appears to be the solo major concern, forcing the reality of production scheduling even further out of line with ordered units. This will inevitably lead to the production of lower trim, soft top, 4 door units in the coming months, as dealers with promised allocation but no buildable units will need to have a deliverable product.

Hey premier guy?
Do you work for Ford or something?

I have a question maybe you can answer because my dealer seems to say something different of course!

Do you know how we got the emails way back from Ford saying because of Covid delays that are 21 prices would be locked in and then they updated it again for after March 19 and the second email and it says “All” orders or reservations. so is that what it means or not?

Clarification would be greatly appreciated. because I have no idea how much the MSRP will go up for 2022 even though I ordered a 2021

I have a 2 door Base Squatch with the MIC Hard top
Thanks Rick.
What’s your name?

Snapshot of the email

8E67D703-22B6-4F23-913B-175EFB9FEB16.jpeg

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

LOTS of questions here, I'm sorry that I can't get to all of them.

Some notes:

- The 550 per shift total production target doesn't mean they'll be producing that many every available day from now thru December. We aren't going to see 65,000(or 55,000, or even 45,000) MY21 Broncos... and if we did there would be a HUGE number of soft top stock units heading out. There could be as many as 3 more weeks of downtime scheduled before the end of the MY21 run, along with balance adjustments and slowdowns to deal with commodity issues.

- MAP has been clearing the traced units backlog this week so I have to believe some of you will be seeing your trucks soon. I wouldn't expect the tracker to update in this situation but your dealer will get a pre-delivery notice.

- Looks like we're getting closer to a resolution on the MIC roof issues. That's all I can say.

Finally, my son (who is 9!) and I popped the clamshell off for the first time today. Super easy process. Then we went out and had some fun.

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom 8E67D703-22B6-4F23-913B-175EFB9FEB16
Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad you are enjoying it so far.

This is all i needed to see for this Friday. At least gives me some kind of hope for light at the end of the tunnel:
"- Looks like we're getting closer to a resolution on the MIC roof issues. That's all I can say."

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like we're getting closer to a resolution on the MIC roof issues. That's all I can say.
Can you indicate whether you’re talking about resolution for newly assembled Broncos, ones that have already been delivered, or both?

Baddie64

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep Liberty, 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you indicate whether you’re talking about resolution for newly assembled Broncos, ones that have already been delivered, or both?
Can’t see Webasto suddenly being able to churn out quality mic tops at the quantity needed to catch up so I’m betting this could be a soft top solution.

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can’t see Webasto suddenly being able to churn out quality mic tops at the quantity needed to catch up so I’m betting this could be a soft top solution.
I can't say I disagree with you. As long as i get my hardtop later, slap the soft top on for now and ship it out.

Last edited:

webspoke

Badlands
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks Ross for delivering again. Just the positive notes needed to go into the weekend, cheers 🍻

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I would like to buy Ross a beer, but also every time he has something positive to say I have to assume it's overly ambitious. If they couldn't determine how to build mic tops properly in the last three years I doubt they immediately fixed the problem in the last few weeks.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I take this:
- The 550 per shift total production target doesn't mean they'll be producing that many every available day from now thru December. We aren't going to see 65,000(or 55,000, or even 45,000) MY21 Broncos... and if we did there would be a HUGE number of soft top stock units heading out.
plus this:
to equal some harsh reality that will have most MIC orders (except FEs) rolling into 2022 for some revised MIC.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ross did indicate a resolution may at hand,
I wouldn't call switching to a soft top a resolution. Both Webasto and Ford have been working on this for a long time. One would like to believe it will bare fruit at some point. We'll see.

Sponsored

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Update 7/30:

We aren't going to see 65,000(or 55,000, or even 45,000) MY21 Broncos... and if we did there would be a HUGE number of soft top stock units heading out.
Hard top MY21 going to be a rarity spoken of only in hushed whispers.

BTomorama

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@PREMiERdrum
Ross. You are the man.

BUT if I find out that your source of information comes from the plaid flannel undershirt that you've been wearing underneath this whole time.... so help me God....

Joking aside, thank you so much for keeping the community informed about what is going on behind the scenes. Ford should honestly thank you as well since you are the communication that they should be doing themselves.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hey premier guy?
Do you work for Ford or something?
This has been asked and answered, in this thread, many times already, please read the thread. (hint, no he does not work for Ford).

Hey premier guy?
I have a question maybe you can answer because my dealer seems to say something different of course!
You and everyone else has a question for @PREMiERdrum, please be respectful of his time, he has been asked hundreds of questions and of course he cannot answer everyone of them (and please don't send him so many PM's). We should all be happy when he is able to post the information he can.

Everyone, Please stop bombarding him with so many questions as I fear this may run him off, as other past friends of the forum, with insight and information, have before him.

Last edited:

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This has been asked and answered, in this thread, many times already, please read the thread. (hint, no he does not work for Ford).

You and everyone else has a question for @PREMiERdrum, please be respectful of his time, he has been asked hundreds of questions and of course he cannot answer everyone of them (and please don't send him so many PM's). We should all be happy when he is able to post the information he can.

Everyone, Please stop bombarding him with so many questions as I fear this may run him off, as other past friends of the forum, will insight and information, have before him.
Ross's mom made an account. That's nice.

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOTS of questions here, I'm sorry that I can't get to all of them.

Some notes:

- The 550 per shift total production target doesn't mean they'll be producing that many every available day from now thru December. We aren't going to see 65,000(or 55,000, or even 45,000) MY21 Broncos... and if we did there would be a HUGE number of soft top stock units heading out. There could be as many as 3 more weeks of downtime scheduled before the end of the MY21 run, along with balance adjustments and slowdowns to deal with commodity issues.

Finally, my son (who is 9!) and I popped the clamshell off for the first time today. Super easy process. Then we went out and had some fun.

Ford Bronco [Update 7/30] Ready to roll: MAP readies for "full speed" Bronco production as questions loom 8E67D703-22B6-4F23-913B-175EFB9FEB16
ily premier man
Sponsored