Sponsored

UPDATE: After 2 years of waiting and only a week left, I think I'm going to pass on the Bronco

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We reserved within 24 hours of the reservations opening and we were so excited for the Bronco. But a lot has changed in 2 years. We've made other vehicle choices and kind of moved on. When our bronco was finally scheduled to be built, I got excited again. Excited enough to basically plan on spending $61,000 on an off-roader, even with interest rates having increased. But the used market is starting to cool off in my town and honestly, the Bronco isn't really good at any of the things I want in a daily driver. It's just effing awesome. But even though I'm crazy excited about this and I've been waiting forever, I don't think that's a good justification for making a kind of bad decision.

Of course, with how long it is taking to get here, maybe I'll change my mind 9 more times. But I think I'm going to pass.

5F9AE7EA-032D-4165-A899-E8DC24888F07.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sooooo how much are you going to try to sell it for in the classified section? 😂
As much as is kills me, I think I'm just going to let the dealer keep it. Sales taxes and fees are about $5,000. I could probably flip it, but it would be more work than it's worth for me and I'd have to sell it for $66,000 just to break even.
Maybe I could easily make $4,000-$10,000 by flipping it, but you know what would happen if I did that? I'd keep the damn thing.

66Fan

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

At least make the dealer take you out for a good dinner. :rolleyes:

Layman

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man. That is a tough one, but you are right, there are a lot of unknowns with buying it just to flip, and that is a pretty big financial gamble you would be undertaking if you decided to do that. I think I am with you on just letting the dealer have it.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless the cost of the Bronco will force your household to eat moldy bread twice a day, and only turn the heat on in February, you should take delivery. I have no idea how old you are, but heed this advice. You will regret not buying the Bronco the rest of your days. If you buy it, and after a spell it truly is unmanageable, then you can sell. Otherwise, before you know it, you will be on your death bed at the nursing home thinking about how you could of had a Bronco. Besides, every other vehicle that posses an iota of “ fun” cost the same if not more. We only get a one time ride on this planet, and that ride flies by. Enjoy life, and take delivery of the Bronco.

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unless the cost of the Bronco will force your household to eat moldy bread twice a day, and only turn the heat on in February, you should take delivery. I have no idea how old you are, but heed this advice. You will regret not buying the Bronco the rest of your days. If you buy it, and after a spell it truly is unmanageable, then you can sell. Otherwise, before you know it, you will be on your death bed at the nursing home thinking about how you could of had a Bronco. Besides, every other vehicle that posses an iota of “ fun” cost the same if not more. We only get a one time ride on this planet, and that ride flies by. Enjoy life, and take delivery of the Bronco.
I certainly appreciate the sentiment. I'm not rich or anything, but money isn't really an issue.
I have a fantastic truck and I'm hopefully going to get a 2023 F150 lightning. My wife went with the Expedition Max last year when we realized we were bumped to 2022 for the Bronco.

So I would be adding a 3rd vehicle and although you are absolutely right in what you are saying, even though the bronco would be an incredibly fun off roader, my truck can handle 90% of that. And as for a daily driver, there are a lot of really fun $61,000 options out there as well, even though they clearly wouldn't be as good for adventuring.

If I could sell the Bronco in a year for what I paid then that would be fine. But there are more and more used broncos listed every day. Where it use to be 5 or 6 in my area overall, there are like 10 Wildtraks available and 15 badlands available. So I really can't imagine a 2022 going for much more than sticker in a year from now.

Kenny H

Badlands
First Name
KIBUM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, FRS, Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Totally agree

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You will regret not buying the Bronco the rest of your days.
+1.

Buy first, ask questions about what to do when you have all of the data about the full Bronco experience.

You're not going to lose money on this thing when people are still scratching & clawing trying to get MY'22s. Wildtraks are highly desirable.

Cable Guy

Badlands
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi RS7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’d buy it and set it on fire before I’d let a dealership take it over. Bunch of scumbags for the most part.

Sponsored

dhut2022

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Genesis
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Agree with this for sure! Buy it and if you end up not liking it 6 months down the road then you'll easily make money off of it. But it seems like everyone that's taken delivery has not once ounce of regret... Don't miss out on a once in a lifetime rig.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I certainly appreciate the sentiment. I'm not rich or anything, but money isn't really an issue.
I have a fantastic truck and I'm hopefully going to get a 2023 F150 lightning. My wife went with the Expedition Max last year when we realized we were bumped to 2022 for the Bronco.

So I would be adding a 3rd vehicle and although you are absolutely right in what you are saying, even though the bronco would be an incredibly fun off roader, my truck can handle 90% of that. And as for a daily driver, there are a lot of really fun $61,000 options out there as well, even though they clearly wouldn't be as good for adventuring.

If I could sell the Bronco in a year for what I paid then that would be fine. But there are more and more used broncos listed every day. Where it use to be 5 or 6 in my area overall, there are like 10 Wildtraks available and 15 badlands available. So I really can't imagine a 2022 going for much more than sticker in a year from now.
Sounds like you have your priorities in order and know what you want/need. Sounds like you have no need for a mid size off road SUV, and have a lineup of superior vehicles already. But man after a two year wait it would be hard to let the dealer have their way with it......

OP
OP
jb56

jb56

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Prices are dropping, not worth the risk of taking it, plus taxes and fees, and hoping for a profitable flip. I'd be at least $5k in the hole if I needed to get out of my BL SAS and I paid Oct 2021 sticker price.
It seems like most analysts are showing used-car price drops now with bigger drops forecasted for the second half of the year. Plus, with Broncos, I'm just seeing more and more listed all the time. And they are listed for longer. Even though production is still slow, there are more and more entering the market all the time, so I would expect some downward pressure.

I'm not saying that broncos are going to depreciate rapidly off sticker or anything. But I just don't know if it's a no brainer that you can but a new bronco today and sell it for MSRP + Taxes and Fees in 6 months. Maybe so. I guess we'll see.
Sponsored