Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I took delivery of mine a week ago, and am not quite at 300 miles. I noticed mine is missing the two bolts that secure the clamshell at the to top front where the front panels meet the rear clamshell, so the connection plates rattle and Squeak a bit
The holes are a bit misaligned too, so after reading this thread, I cannot wait to hear what Ford has to say about it!
33083AA1-586D-4BD9-B7AE-C7064434BE4F.jpeg
C5C7FA6F-C7D1-4070-A02B-334CD42AFC70.jpeg
F192F9CA-94A8-49C8-86C1-A978DE18A74E.jpeg
089C4678-26BC-43FA-A3BA-F04CA5D1808C.jpeg
Somebody had the same issue early in production last year. I don't remember how they handled it but it might be worth searching the forum.

Good lord - makes me want to 99 mine until 2028. Maybe Ford can figure something out in 5 years.
I was really hoping for a mod top in 23 but I have a feeling it will get pushed to 24. My first top had air pockets (blisters) in the outer layer and edges inside sharp enough to bring out the first aid kit. đź‘Ž
Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I took delivery of mine a week ago, and am not quite at 300 miles. I noticed mine is missing the two bolts that secure the clamshell at the to top front where the front panels meet the rear clamshell, so the connection plates rattle and Squeak a bit
The holes are a bit misaligned too, so after reading this thread, I cannot wait to hear what Ford has to say about it!
33083AA1-586D-4BD9-B7AE-C7064434BE4F.jpeg
C5C7FA6F-C7D1-4070-A02B-334CD42AFC70.jpeg
F192F9CA-94A8-49C8-86C1-A978DE18A74E.jpeg
089C4678-26BC-43FA-A3BA-F04CA5D1808C.jpeg
Wow! Definitely should be a bolt there. Not even close to lining up. The front 2 bolts are fixed by the holes in the rollbar so that means the top is skewed rearward somehow? This is a 2 door.

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks Bolt

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side view just after the bolt was removed also 2 door.
Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks Bolt 2

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just wondering if anyone else is having this same problem. Both the drivers side and passenger side are developing these hairline cracks in the lower window panel area. It hard to see in the picture but seems like I'm getting more and more every day

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks Bolt 2

I can't tell - is this a 2dr or 4dr roof? I'd be curious if there's any trending data if one seems to be suspect over the other.

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Kia EV6, Mach E, Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Side view just after the bolt was removed also 2 door.
Thanks for the pics! Mine is also 2-door. I just took mine in and will have to schedule an appointment to confirm the bolts are missing before they will order the part, because despite the service advisor asking me to remove the panel to see, he could not confirm the obvious.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the pics! Mine is also 2-door. I just took mine in and will have to schedule an appointment to confirm the bolts are missing before they will order the part, because despite the service advisor asking me to remove the panel to see, he could not confirm the obvious.
Wonder why the alignment is off though? It's not just a small amount. Should of been flagged at the plant when the bolts would not fit but apparently they sent it on down the line. Quality at this plant seems to be severely lacking. There are numerous easily seen defects slipping though, just imagine how many are unseen. No pride in what they do, almost like we are back to making cars in the 70's before changes were forced due to competition from Japan. Then again having worked in a similar environment, management pressures and their lack of concern other than for quantity creates that type of atmosphere.
:oops:

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder why the alignment is off though? It's not just a small amount. Should of been flagged at the plant when the bolts would not fit but apparently they sent it on down the line. Quality at this plant seems to be severely lacking. There are numerous easily seen defects slipping though, just imagine how many are unseen. No pride in what they do, almost like we are back to making cars in the 70's before changes were forced due to competition from Japan. Then again having worked in a similar environment, management pressures and their lack of concern other than for quantity creates that type of atmosphere.
:oops:
...but wait there's more. I did go ahead and take the top off completely and found several major scuffs and scratches presumably from when the top was initially installed. I have a hoist in my garage left over from a Wrangler, which smoothly lifted the top without incident. I also sent these pics to the salesperson. All but the chipped paint are totally hidden when the top is on.

tempImagezC1nbr.png

tempImagecooN5l.png

tempImagezbn88X.png

tempImageFNjOs9.png

OP
OP

Bronco671

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can't tell - is this a 2dr or 4dr roof? I'd be curious if there's any trending data if one seems to be suspect over the other.
Mine is a 2 Door

OP
OP

Bronco671

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello all,
Just a quick update but my dealership and Ford have decided to replace the MIC top under Warranty. Hope others have the same outcome.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello all,
Just a quick update but my dealership and Ford have decided to replace the MIC top under Warranty. Hope others have the same outcome.
Oh, I am amused now for sure.

Just make sure that you are not over 36k miles.

@Ford Motor Company dealership said, "sorry it's not even a year old but you are over the miles". I think that's dealership speak for, "Go eat a bag of sausages".

Sponsored

FreddyS

Badlands
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hello all,
Glad to hear that. I'm going to take mine in next week for the same issues under the windows. I hope I have the same outcome. The build quality of these tops is horrendous. My wrangler top was much nicer quality. I really expected the same or better, but got much less.

20221021_173551.jpg

Fold

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though mine is not yet cracked, I am pretty sure at least the top will have to be replaced. Good to know they are starting to follow through for others. So far they have ordered replacement bolts and will then need to physically confirm the bolts will not fit. The dealership also did not want to remove the whole top until the bolts arrive.

Deleted member 32220

Glad to hear that. I'm going to take mine in next week for the same issues under the windows. I hope I have the same outcome. The build quality of these tops is horrendous. My wrangler top was much nicer quality. I really expected the same or better, but got much less.

Ford Bronco UPDATE/ Ford IS Warranting MIC top v2 developing  hairline cracks 20221021_173551
Mine is the same under and behind right rear window. 900 miles

FreddyS

Badlands
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have agreed to replace mine as well. I was told Ford was starting an investigation about the matter. Unsure how long to receive another top.

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

just noticed today..... mine is developing hairline cracks on the driver's side - 2 door. Not missing any bolts.
Sponsored