silent700

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 LTD Country Squire
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They have a fixed priced ad on eBay right now for $52,000 which is sticker price
Notice those aren't auctions, but listings with only "make offer" enabled. So it's listed at 52k, you offer 50, and they come back and say "ehhh...how about 80k?" And there's your negotiating range.

I believe the green Badlands on eBay with the US flag on it is the one OP ordered.

Oilman

Outer Banks
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 outer bank 4door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Notice those aren't auctions, but listings with only "make offer" enabled. So it's listed at 52k, you offer 50, and they come back and say "ehhh...how about 80k?" And there's your negotiating range.

I believe the green Badlands on eBay with the US flag on it is the one OP ordered.
I understand but I don’t understand if you ask for 52k but want 80k !

Visitor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Midwest
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously might be the sleezyst dealership I have ever seen... they list everything at MSRP on their website and then based upon reviews seem to hit everyone with an ADM once they get the buying process started.... LOL I just sent in a request to see if they honor their MSRP for fun to both waste their time and demonstrate just how bad these guys are. They advertise "the most new vehicles on their lot in the area..." yea I wonder why that is lol

I know I'm reviving a months-old thread, but I do feel that this dealership deserves to be criticized as often as possible. I've been warning everyone I can for a few years, ever since I walked in to ask about a Focus RS in early 2015.

Here was my experience:

- There was a group of 3-4 salesmen smoking, blocking the front door. One of them approached my driver's window before I had even exited (still smoking) and insulted my car while also blocking me from getting out. (And, you know, getting smoke in my window.)

- The Focus RS had been announced several weeks earlier, but multiple salesmen claimed to know nothing about it, nor did they have a wait list or contact list. Odd for a "major" dealer to be so uninformed and unprepared.

- However, they checked with a manager who had heard of the upcoming model, and he said that they would take my info and call me. He added that there was no info about the new model (specs, timeline, price, etc), but he said there was no chance they would accept less than $10-15k over MSRP, since they were happily selling GT350 models for $25-40k over MSRP. I laughed and told him they didn't need to bother calling me, ever, since I would rather wait and pay MSRP. They "guaranteed" no dealership would ever sell a Focus RS at MSRP, to anyone. :rolleyes:

- They proceeded to have different salespeople call me every week for the next 6+ months asking me to come down to look at other vehicles, despite repeated requests for them to stop contacting me. Calls came from different numbers so it was impossible to block them all.

I came in, fully prepared to commit to spending $40k+ on a brand new, high demand vehicle, and it was such a grating experience from start to finish. It fully felt like a high-pressure pump-and-dump sales lot. I couldn't recommend them less.

Overall, 0/10.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is the reason I really hope Ford and others get rid of dealerships for new vehicles and just go straight to consumers. Too many jerk dealerships trying to rip everyone off. I get doing upcharges if it's a vehicle on their lot that they ordered for the dealer but on a signed document that a customer reserved it should be considered extortion

Sponsored

kjober

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the reason I really hope Ford and others get rid of dealerships for new vehicles and just go straight to consumers. Too many jerk dealerships trying to rip everyone off. I get doing upcharges if it's a vehicle on their lot that they ordered for the dealer but on a signed document that a customer reserved it should be considered extortion
I share this sentiment, but sadly this wouldn't fix the issue nationwide. I think something like 1/3 of the states still has laws that ban direct-to-consumer car sales, and I don't think that the other 2/3 are 100% on board with it. With that being said, I don't think the main issue is that there's a middle man, but I think the issue is that the middle man is often a greedy dealer. Ford's consistently poor production hasn't helped either. There's a reason I can walk into a BMW today, build and customize a brand new car, and have it in my garage in less than 60 days. Hint: It's not because I'm a nice guy.

OP
OP

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know I'm reviving a months-old thread, but I do feel that this dealership deserves to be criticized as often as possible. I've been warning everyone I can for a few years, ever since I walked in to ask about a Focus RS in early 2015.

Here was my experience:

- There was a group of 3-4 salesmen smoking, blocking the front door. One of them approached my driver's window before I had even exited (still smoking) and insulted my car while also blocking me from getting out. (And, you know, getting smoke in my window.)

- The Focus RS had been announced several weeks earlier, but multiple salesmen claimed to know nothing about it, nor did they have a wait list or contact list. Odd for a "major" dealer to be so uninformed and unprepared.

- However, they checked with a manager who had heard of the upcoming model, and he said that they would take my info and call me. He added that there was no info about the new model (specs, timeline, price, etc), but he said there was no chance they would accept less than $10-15k over MSRP, since they were happily selling GT350 models for $25-40k over MSRP. I laughed and told him they didn't need to bother calling me, ever, since I would rather wait and pay MSRP. They "guaranteed" no dealership would ever sell a Focus RS at MSRP, to anyone. :rolleyes:

- They proceeded to have different salespeople call me every week for the next 6+ months asking me to come down to look at other vehicles, despite repeated requests for them to stop contacting me. Calls came from different numbers so it was impossible to block them all.

I came in, fully prepared to commit to spending $40k+ on a brand new, high demand vehicle, and it was such a grating experience from start to finish. It fully felt like a high-pressure pump-and-dump sales lot. I couldn't recommend them less.

Overall, 0/10.
Yeah I wish I'd know sooner. It was a somewhat similar experience for me. Sleazy salesman smoking, just standing around. It's bizarre, it's like, they don't want to help you but they want to bother you. I don't even get it... But that place is everything that is wrong with a dealership. Thankfully I was able to place an order at a new place. I took delivery about a month ago and they were great. I reported Golf Mill to everywhere I could think of. The IL AG did get in touch with me but I have a feeling unless they get more complaints nothing will happen. But at least I gave them a paper trail.

Living in Chicago I do see a lot of Golf Mill license plate holders. Every time I see one I want to smash the car up (I know I know, it's not that drivers fault).

silent700

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 LTD Country Squire
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thankfully I was able to place an order at a new place. I took delivery about a month ago and
You placed a new order in March (?) and took delivery in July? How??

OP
OP

taperunner

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You placed a new order in March (?) and took delivery in July? How??
At this point it's anyone's guess. I didn't get any kind of hookup or favoritism. I think what helped me was I went to a smaller dealer but all the broncos ahead of me, all had parts constraints. So I think mine was just one of the ones Ford could build and send to them. The dealer said he had a lot on order but almost all of them had MIC, Tow and Lux. None of the people wanted to remove those items.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Here was my experience:

Overall, 0/10.
What you describe from beginning I wouldnthave gotten out of my vehicle

Sponsored

silent700

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
78 LTD Country Squire
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
send to them. The dealer said he had a lot on order but almost all of them had MIC, Tow and Lux. None of the people wanted to remove those items.
Me ☹