Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That would be the right time to leverage local media. Since the ultimate beneficiary is a charity, the negative publicity would be overwhelming. They would be very wise to sell it at invoice or similar.

They can realize they’re in checkmate the easy way or the hard way.
Completely love this idea of using the media against them. Especially some local "stick up for the everyman" type consumer advocate. Set that shit up the second you think you have a claim to the vehicle.
Sponsored

OP
OP

HadEnough

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Completely love this idea of using the media against them. Especially some local "stick up for the everyman" type consumer advocate. Set that shit up the second you think you have a claim to the vehicle.
Got word yesterday that I only have one reservation and order.

My original timestamp was transferred to a better dealership and applied to the Badlands I wanted, and the stolen FE reservation was cancelled. It just took a few days to update in my Ford account.

Mike Levine and his team at Ford did a tremendous job here.

Hope Ford doesn’t forget this incident when it’s time to determine future dealer allocations. There’s some great, honest, deserving dealers out there, but this is NOT one of them.

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My original timestamp was transferred to a better dealership and applied to the Badlands I wanted, and the stolen FE reservation was cancelled. It just took a few days to update in my Ford account.

Hope Ford doesn’t forget this incident when it’s time to determine future dealer allocations. There’s some great, honest, deserving dealers out there, but this is NOT one of them.
Aw well. Just have to be satisfied that you are getting what you wanted at a discount and that their name has been appropriately broadcast as a dealer to avoid.

Although... There's always local billboards

OP
OP

HadEnough

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Aw well. Just have to be satisfied that you are getting what you wanted at a discount and that their name has been appropriately broadcast as a dealer to avoid.

Although... There's always local billboards

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have much less confidence that the dealership will be penalized in any meaningful way.

Sponsored

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

I love happy endings... :D ...

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if Ford doesn't punish the dealer, the dealer still used your reservation to order an FE for another customer. That reservation has now been canceled. Wouldn't it be interesting to hear that get explained? Hopefully, that customer is very upset. Not that I have any reason to think that customer is a knowing party to the shenanigans, but that the dealership deserves it if that customer is upset as well.
Perhaps now is the time for you to leave a Google review?

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

jon

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 1989 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Let's get real here. The FE is not cancelled and that dealership will still be getting and selling it with high markup. No matter what they told you, they told me similar, but they really do not care about end customers. They told you what you wanted to hear so you move on. Behind the scenes, they are taking care of that dealership just fine. Sad but they really need to restructure as a company and care about the customer experience or they will fail.
Sponsored