Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That is a dang nice looking top. Waiting (im)patiently for my ADV.
ADV AND Anderson customers still waiting...but they got their money. (yes I'm a little bitter at this point that I've been waiting for an item I was told was 12-16 weeks out and I'm at 9 months...)
Sponsored

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
My only other concern with this top is in the pic. Fiberglass doesn’t do well on corners like this. I see this as a potential area prone to cracking. Hope not.

Having owned boats and fiberglass truck toppers for decades, you can get hairline cracks they are usually inconsequential. This corner is not load bearing and shouldn't be a problem. How else would they do the corner?

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Where is this top made?

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like it fits great. What bums me out about all these aftermarket roofs though is you lose the mid section of the OEM top.
There are advantages to not having a removable mid section. Better rigidity, less squeaks and rattles. If you want it however I believe the Anderson has three removable panels like the OEM.

Last edited:

Sponsored

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed, the badge is prominent. But they said it’ll be customizable with things like Sasquatch or whatever else you can think up. I am intrigued to see what comes out. Smoked out USA flag, or colored, would be a nice touch. I could probably peel it off now but I don’t know what is under it. If it’s just the hardtop material, I may remove it.
I'd just cover it with some kind of wrap material in similar color to the top.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m in the same boat - but, they mentioned they have plans for other versions. I’m personally hoping for a rag top/slide back type solution. So, with a roof rack and vehicle full of family and/or gear you can easily go “topless”. The single piece targa is a miss IMO. It will be so cumbersome that it will rarely come off. I used to fold the soft top back daily…this was the first summer with a hard top and the first row was off a fraction of that and the rear seat panel even less. Even with the front panels that fit in the cargo - it’s not really convenient if you have any other gear in the back. So, for as many pros that a hard top has - if you’re into the open air/convertible experience - a soft top can’t be beat. But, I personally need a roof rack.
I agree you can't beat a soft top for the open air experience. That said the single piece Targa design is not a miss. You got folks who want no removable panels (like ADV offers) and you got folks who want three removable panels. The single removable panel design is a great compromise. I don't think a lot of us are hung up on the ability to carry it in the vehicle, and folding the rear seats works for me. For me the advantages outweigh the disadvantages. If I can't go topless because the trunk is full of gear, big deal! I'll wait until I can leave the top at the camp site.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
This! ^^^

If the Bestop Sunrider works, this seems to be the ultimate combo! Easy Targa opening access + a solid back/middle shell. Does anyone know if it will work?
I'm sure TOR and others will be coming out with options for this top. We already know the rail mounting locations are OEM compatible.

Last edited:

Midnight_Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sounds like hater to me 🤣
Sounds like you’re going to need some extra shine for your fender flares to match.

ETA: Or maybe I’m wrong and OP will post some full vehicle photos in the sun.

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7818

Last edited:

BrianH

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Today is the day that Turn Offroad is making good on their promises. And boy did they deliver!

So, I went over this morning for a very straightforward process of install. Took maybe 45 minutes, got the quick rundown. Todd and crew are solid people, and truly care about the community. My first Turn purchase, and won’t be my last. Nice to have them local! Side note, make sure you go see them at KOH if you attend.

Anyways, the part you are all here for.. the hardtop. Yes, it is hard, yes, it is a top, but it’s so much more!
First impressions, the quality of fitment seems tight and edges are clean. Texture is like a rhino liner, with a sheen/gloss as we’ve seen in photos. It is a bit shinier than typical right now because of a UV protectant they spray/wipe. It really matches up well with the black trim of the Bronco, much better than the MIC color, in my opinion.
The headliner is typical auto/marine type carpet. It covers everything, which I like. Much better quality than the factory headliner. Coming from a softtop, the ambient sound has greatly reduced, naturally, but there is something else that I wasn’t quite expecting to happen. Rigidity. The ride has improved, it no longer shakes when hitting bumps or potholes. It is sturdy, the large rear piece and one piece front has really tightened it all up. Some people may have thought about this before when looking at one piece tops, I never really considered the fact it would improve my ride quality, but it’s certainly a nice bonus!

Took a few quick pics. Let me know if you want any more details or photos!! As of now, absolutely worth the money. And lifetime warranty, giving me peace of mind as an early adopter.

Tight seams around window/trim
IMG_7388.jpeg

Rear side window and hardware(badge can be peeled off, there will be plenty of options to customize.)
IMG_7387.jpeg

Hooks are easy to work with, adjustable.
IMG_7386.jpeg

Clean ceiling, sound deadening is good quality and aplenty.
IMG_7384.jpeg

More of the rug for your viewing pleasure.
IMG_7377.jpeg

Profile in the sun
IMG_7372.jpeg

Quartering shot in shade
IMG_7373.jpeg

Hooked up, 4 mounting points.
IMG_7385.jpeg

Side profile in shade
IMG_7389.jpeg

Rear window. Spray and wiper assembly coming soon.
IMG_7390.jpeg

Quartering shot in sun
IMG_7391.jpeg

Profile to show slant of rear window.
IMG_7392.jpeg

Another quartering in shade. The fit is tight between front and read, hard to tell it’s a 2-piece
IMG_7393.jpeg

Did I say TIGHT?!
IMG_7394.jpeg

IMG_7395.jpeg

As mentioned, carpet everywhere!
IMG_7379.jpeg

Backside of the metal mounting points for roof rack or other mods.
IMG_7378.jpeg

I like the metal hinges. They feel and look high-quality
IMG_7375.jpeg
Any chance we can get a pic of the top and see how the much coverage the front panel has? I’m curious if you get more than just the driver row when this panel is removed - thanks and great review.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds like you’re going to need some extra shine for your fender flares to match.

Supposedly it is just the product they put on pre-delivery to clean and shine it up. After a washing or two should mellow out if not completely disappear. Our just wipe everything down with the same juice.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This looks nice - a lot of similarities with the Rally Top. I'd love to see a TO one next to my RT to see the differences.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base

Ford Bronco UPDATE: Photos to show color match of top/trim.  My Turn Offroad Hardtop: Pics and Initial Impressions. IMG_7818
Good grief! The fender is picking up reflection from the body. Nobody said they match, he said its a better match than OEM. No top is going to be a perfect match -- and I'm sure most don't want it to be. The fenders are a soft plastic, the top is composite. I for one am very happy with the color of the top.

WILDcardOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4, Bronco on the way
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was a prepaid order holder with ADV for 7 months and am scheduled to take delivery of my TOR Feb 6th! I jumped ship the first day I heard about TOR, which was on the ADV thread of this forum. I'm not trying to change your mind, but you can nitpick either top. The TOR has some obvious advantages, I for one dig the aluminum OEM compatible mounting points and the fact its made as a single unit (no seams around the side panels). Maybe I'm biased too -- we nitpick to justify our decision. I'm sure the ADV will be great if and when they start shipping, but I'm stoked over this TOR top -- and I used to be a ADV fanboy, defending all their delays. Learning they are made offshore (Most likely China?) and the fact they have been stealthy about it put me over the edge.
I’m happy that TOR made a top and that people are happy with it. I don’t mean to nitpick in a negative way, ADV just for the most part nailed all my wants aside from speed of development lol. I still have my single panel storage bags which will work with the ADV and love removable front sections. But hate large removable sections like OEM middle piece and the TOR single section. If they were still the 2 front pieces that might have been enough to flip me. I have a top lift that will remove the back 2/3 fine and take my top on and off relatively often. Idk if I’ll ever even put anything on those mount points but it was a smart modification.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Where is this top made?
They are made down in Mexico. Seems fitting they have to travel through Baja before they get on your Bronco to travel back down Baja... LOL
Sponsored