Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What sucks is once you find out your delivery window in May, the dealer switch deadline will have passed. Ford should give reservation holders a chance to move up the line and change dealers due to their stupid ass allocation formula.
Sponsored

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1. They confirmed the weight restriction thing - this is concerning to me just from the standpoint of how bloated is this truck actually?
They confirmed it's a factor with some accessories and options, but kept it very vague as to which ones.

I honestly take that as using a couple of instances as a broad excuse to address questions about some restrictions that don't make sense.

I'd still like a better explanation on this one and am hoping that the B&P update addresses some of it.

If I can take an OB 2.7 and load it to the gills, including Sasquatch... then how is a stock BL 2.7 pushed over the weight limit by PPF?

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

March now, huh? They must be getting a lot of heat about how idiotic this super secret sauce allocation formula is. “We’d love to tell you but you’re a peasant and it’s too complicated for you.”

Still sticking with Granger. At this point I’m buying a vehicle from @Granger Ford that just so happens to be a Ford.
Yup. Closing on a house in October. Looks like I’ll be giving up my day 2 reservation and using my Oct reservation . Or maybe I’ll get a truck? Either way has to be after October.

ArizonaRaised

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When is the cutoff date for making a reservation?

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So just to get my car geekiness on...

Model Year designation is defined by CFR Part 49 565.12. Model Year means the year used by the manufacturer to designate a discrete vehicle model. The model year designation can be irrespective of the calendar year the vehicle is actually produced provided the production period does not exceed 24 months.

So that means that Ford can designate all the prospective 170,000 (my estimate) orders (i.e. NOT $100 reservations) between Mid-January to March 19, 2021 as MY 2021 vehicles as long as Ford can build all of them within a 24-month timespan.

Now, if Ford has supply chain part changes that are planned for MY 2022 production, then the statements Ford just made about some orders will drift to MY 2022 can be true and late production of reservation holders can take advantage of MY 2022 content changes/option availability.

I think if Ford can build all the reservation orders (reservations converted to vehicle orders via the dealership process) within 24 months of Bronco production start, then most of us will get a MY 2021 VIN.

My 2 cents.

Sponsored

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Closing on a house in October. Looks like I’ll be giving up my day 2 reservation and using my Oct reservation . Or maybe I’ll get a truck? Either way has to be after October.
We’re closing on one in May. But I’m sure that’ll probably end up being july and we’re a day 2 reservation. So the delay kind works in our favor. Hoping to take delivery in sept

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2. having to wait literal years because your dealer has a large amount of reservations is insane... is granger doing something non-standard? Yup. But what about a high volume dealer that has lots of reservations simply because they are located in a population dense area? Those folks get screwed too?
I'm not sure I agree. Ford went into this assuming that reservations would fall out proportionally to dealers' sales volume. If they did (and for the most part they have), their statement that reservations would be filled in roughly time stamp order holds. They put in place an allocation methodology based on 1). dealer aggregate sales volume, 2). Bronco reservation conversion rate 3). Bronco Sport sales and 4). concentration of competitor vehicles. If you look at those elements, its pretty clear what Ford is doing. They are matching vehicles to demand (aggregate sales), rewarding good behavior (good conversion ratio and selling BS's), and putting product where there are a lot of natural consumers for their product (concentration of competitor products).

I don't think they were expecting situations where tiny dealers would have massive outlier Bronco reservations. I think Granger and Stephens were expecting to force Ford's hand to change their methodology, but it appears Ford is not. Which makes sense for two reasons that I can see. I've seen numbers thrown about that Stephens has 300 and Granger 1000, so even if you add them together, that's <1% of reservations. Why would Ford change for such a small outlier? And 2, I'm not sure Ford would really want to reward the behavior of coming onto enthusiast forums to pick off consumers already committed to the Bronco at other dealers. They might be more inclined to change things if those dealers were doing something to attract NEW customers to the Bronco as opposed to just moving around existing customers.

But hey, the more info Ford puts out there and the more their methodology becomes apparent, people still have time to decide whether "the deal" is worth risking waiting for small dealerships with outsize reservation numbers to clear their backlog with limited allocation. For some people the deal is worth it; For others that want late availability items it might not be here or there since they are waiting anyway. Conversely, for those that don't want to wait and have something other than a very early reservation, they might want to forego the deal and move to a larger dealership likely to get more allocation.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We’re closing on one in May. But I’m sure that’ll probably end up being july and we’re a day 2 reservation. So the delay kind works in our favor. Hoping to take delivery in sept
Closing in June. Delay works in our favor as well. But I don't want my delivery pushed beyond September!

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2. having to wait literal years because your dealer has a large amount of reservations is insane... is granger doing something non-standard? Yup. But what about a high volume dealer that has lots of reservations simply because they are located in a population dense area? Those folks get screwed too?
No, those people don’t get screwed. Number of competitive vehicles sold in the area is also a factor in the formula.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

No, those people don’t get screwed. Number of competitive vehicles sold in the area is also a factor in the formula.
this is the one thing I am still debating, my current 2nd day reservation is at a dealer in Jeep country across the street from a Jeep dealer, that order will be golden timing wise, but I think it will cost me MSRP. Option 2 and 3 which are invoice and better, will definitely add some unknown on timing.

Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Granger Ford & @Zach@Granger have both my FE reservations and I look forward to B&P updates prior to order conversions. Accessories are the big question at this point. The slide out tailgate and the tow package on the 4-door are my biggest issues.

Getting one 2-door and one 4-door. Waiting on the Shadow Black Modular Hard Top on both. Fortunately I have July 13th reservations for both and expect to get them some time in the fall of 2021 as soon as the tops are available. Not worried about delays it is what it is.
This is the part I'd wonder about, not necessarily be worried about though. It may depend on what has been happening at Granger to date with their allocation, etc? Or if another part of a build waiting on modular tops becomes another hold up. I just don't think it is black and white but maybe it will be.

Last edited:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You're making some assumptions that we don't have any actual information to support.

What it boils down to is that we're all going to get a Bronco eventually.

Ford can not build all of the reservations magically on day one... and they can't build them before the change over to MY22. Between commodity availability, time, production capacity, and pure demand... the reality is that some current reservation holders won't get their broncos for a while.

Because of this they have to decide which MY21 broncos they will build in what order based on reservation rank, commodity availability, and business interests... this is where allocation formula comes in.

Here's the thing. We don't know what the actual allocation formula is, or what the inputs will be for each dealer. We, at this time, do not have enough information to start concluding which reservation holders will get "screwed" based on who their dealer is.

If you pay attention to who is making the most noise on the forum about the allocation formula's negative effect on buyers, it falls into two camps:

1. People who are making a bunch of assumptions about what the formula actually is and what a specific dealer's variables are, and

2. Employees of competing dealerships making a case for transferring your reservation to them.

All we do know is: Ford can't produce Bronco's fast enough to deliver them to all estimated orders before 2022. If you have a later reservation you will probably get your bronco after someone with an early reservation. And, while under NDAs, dealers have said that they are generally not worried about this allocation formula thing.
That sums it up nicely Zack. It is what it is, and all the racket in the world can't change that. The process of building vehicles depends on many variables, i.e. amount of orders, parts constraints that are out of Fords hands, etc., and now a virus that no one has had to deal with ever. IMHO many here are not familiar with special ordering a vehicle, and the intricacies have some confused. I do understand we want our Bronco's as fast as possible, but the term "fast as possible" is relative in the automotive industry. It took Ford 13 weeks to deliver my simple Ranger special order (09/01 - 12/04). Add into that Bronco's that will be built at the same plant, and some of us (me included) are looking at quite a wait.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That’s great for you! I wanted to be first because first is fun. But it works out.
Save an extra $700 with my Oct res.
MY 22 options
Lease isn’t up til 3/22.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see where the date to change dealers has been pushed out to that March 19th date too, which is nice. As a consumer, having the right to vote with your feet is a great benefit. Anyone who thinks that the allocation might not work out in their favor can improve their situation.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I see where the date to change dealers has been pushed out to that March 19th date too, which is nice. As a consumer, having the right to vote with your feet is a great benefit. Anyone who thinks that the allocation might not work out in their favor can improve their situation.
Yeah! I totally missed that!

Ford Bronco Updated Bronco FAQ: Order Conversion/Dealer Selection Deadline Now March 19 1608053725295

Ford Bronco Updated Bronco FAQ: Order Conversion/Dealer Selection Deadline Now March 19 1608053187611
Sponsored

Last edited: