Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I found the factory harness for the fog lights behind the shackle mounts. Question: how do you loosen the plastic pin that attaches the harness to the bumper (see the circled part below in P's original picture)?

I tried using a trim panel tool to loosen the pin from the front, but the tabs at the end of the pin are stuck against the back side of the bumper and there isn't much room to maneuver (skid plates are in the way). I thought about just pulling really hard on the harness, but I'm worried I'll break the harness. Worst case I can remove the skid plates to have more room to work, but hopefully there is an easier solution.

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector IMG_1472

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector IMG_1471
Sponsored

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I found the factory harness for the fog lights behind the shackle mounts. Question: how do you loosen the plastic pin that attaches the harness to the bumper (see the circled part below in P's original picture)?

I tried using a trim panel tool to loosen the pin from the front, but the tabs at the end of the pin are stuck against the back side of the bumper and there isn't much room to maneuver (skid plates are in the way). I thought about just pulling really hard on the harness, but I'm worried I'll break the harness. Worst case I can remove the skid plates to have more room to work, but hopefully there is an easier solution.

IMG_1472.jpeg

IMG_1471.jpeg
I’m not sure if it was my yanking from the front side or my long needle nose pliers on the backside, but it was tough to get out. In the end it was just a lot of manhandling.

Kach Vartan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure if it was my yanking from the front side or my long needle nose pliers on the backside, but it was tough to get out. In the end it was just a lot of manhandling.
Thanks. Managed to free the passenger side after 20 minutes. Used a small 90 degree pick tool to force it through. Will try pliers on driver side. Wish me luck…

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack, 2023 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks to the OP . This thread has been a great read. So reading this I have gotten the Baja Design 3 light fog kit. I waited for the install to order the stock fog light switch with the reverse fog. Need to research more on the reverse fog light. I am also thinking of Switching to the Diode Dynamics kit. Because of light out put and the amber backlight.
i have to get on 4x4leds to order a harness to hook up to the factory fog. other than that do I need anything else ?
any issues you guys have ran into ?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the passenger side and the brown is + for the driver side.
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector IMG_1471

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.

Forscan Update:
I pulled the Forscan settings from this post in the massive fog lights thread. To summarize:
BdyCM Configuration
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
  • Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
  • Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed"
IPC
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"
BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Worth noting that my Forscan extended license expired and apparently you can't renew due to the Russian/Ukranian conflict. Forscan wouldn't let me read the modules, however, I saw in another forum that you can change the date of your Windows laptop to a previous date that was within your 2 month license. That worked perfectly and allowed me to make all the changes. Fog light button works great and the icon lights up in the dash display when in use.

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.
@Diode Dynamics everything, sourced from Panda Motorworks :
  • SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport white driving
Wait! What?! First, I cannot upgrade my Strelock Ballistics Calculator to "Pro" and now I've missed the forescan boat because "Russia Russia Russia. " Grrrrr. Who knew this Ukranian business would affect my hunting in so many different ways.

Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the passenger side and the brown is + for the driver side.

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.

Forscan Update:
I pulled the Forscan settings from this post in the massive fog lights thread. To summarize:
BdyCM Configuration
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
  • Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
  • Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed"
IPC
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"
BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Worth noting that my Forscan extended license expired and apparently you can't renew due to the Russian/Ukranian conflict. Forscan wouldn't let me read the modules, however, I saw in another forum that you can change the date of your Windows laptop to a previous date that was within your 2 month license. That worked perfectly and allowed me to make all the changes. Fog light button works great and the icon lights up in the dash display when in use.

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.
@Diode Dynamics everything, sourced from Panda Motorworks :
  • SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport white driving

Hello. Do you still have the factory female plug from the bumper that connects to the harness by drivers side ? If you used deutche connectors I assume you cut off the factory plug(?). It looks like this attached

IMG_8360.jpeg

IMG_8359.jpeg

IMG_8355.jpeg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello. Do you still have the factory female plug from the bumper that connects to the harness by drivers side ? If you used deutche connectors I assume you cut off the factory plug(?). It looks like this attached

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector IMG_8356

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector IMG_8356

I believe that is your main harness wire.

I'm guessing you upgraded to a modular bumper but didn't keep your OLD wiring harness that was BEHIND the bumper.

For those who are upgrading bumpers MAKE SURE you take your harness WITH YOU! Don't just sell your old bumper, you have to take the harness out BEHIND your bumper. As the new bumper you get will PROBABLY not have a harness behind it at all since people remove them.

We've had lots of cutomers call us looking for the right harness because they forgot to hang onto their old harness.

It disconnects on the driver side under/behind the headlight area.

Waterlogged

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100Rt
Your Bronco Model
Base
Related question about the factory harnesses…I have a base Bronco with plastic bumper and have swapped in the OEM fog lights with bumper harness that has the 10 pin connector shown above. Is there a corresponding connector hiding under the headlamp or wheel well that I can plug into, or do I need to use a relay for switched power? I’ve read that the base model may be missing more than just the fog light switch. Thanks.

MileHighWT

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Oxford White Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shoulda told me you were doing that. We offer FREE pigtails to customers whom want to do precisely what you are doing :(

We would have included a set of pigtails to plug into your factory harness when we shipped your order
Dude... is this still a thing? Wish I'd known!! I just ordered a DD fog pocket kit from you guys.

Are the pigtails long enough to reach the middle position on the bracket? My setup is SS3 Pro driving, SSC2 Fog, SSC2 combo.

If so, any chance you can send me these pigtails if I pay the extra shipping? I'd love to have the fogs on the factory harness.

Is there a similar solution for the rear? I have a rear bumper with 2 flush mount lights coming, and I really didn't want to use up another aux switch for those. My ideal solution would be to set up the rear lights similar to your chase light kit - tied into the factory reverse lights, and also able to operate with a rear fog switch. Dunno if that's realistic....

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dude... is this still a thing? Wish I'd known!! I just ordered a DD fog pocket kit from you guys.

Are the pigtails long enough to reach the middle position on the bracket? My setup is SS3 Pro driving, SSC2 Fog, SSC2 combo.

If so, any chance you can send me these pigtails if I pay the extra shipping? I'd love to have the fogs on the factory harness.
No this is not a thing. We only did that when we first came out with the pigtails.

Sponsored

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A lot of posts about pigtails and connectors and the proper stock fog light switch but I’m finding little info on what light kits people are putting in there (edit: I have the modular bumper). Any suggestions?? I don’t really need dual color. Just want a daily driver fog light and not have to worry about using the stock switch for white and an accessory for amber. Just like a single color light I can set and forget via the stock fog light switch.
Thanks!!!

Last edited:

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A lot of posts about pigtails and connectors and the proper stock fog light switch but I’m finding little info on what light kits people are putting in there. Any suggestions?? I don’t really need dual color. Just want a daily driver fog light and not have to worry about using the stick switch for white and an accessory for amber. Just like a single color light I can set and forget via the stock fog light switch.
Thanks!!!
What kind of bumper do you have?