First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well the kits we offer usually do 3 sets of fogs to fill the opening. You could do 1 single light per side but it's not going to look as good, and would be ala carte

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/vehicle-specific/ford/ford-bronco/2021-bronco/
Thanks for the info!! I guess my question is, is there a good 3 light (or dual raptor style) kit that can be connected to the existing hidden wiring harness behind the mod bumper, add the factory fog light switch, hack forscan and be used just as factory fogs and not really offroad lights (if that makes sense). Trying to avoid using upfitter switches totally if I can.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info!! I guess my question is, is there a good 3 light (or dual raptor style) kit that can be connected to the existing hidden wiring harness behind the mod bumper, add the factory fog light switch, hack forscan and be used just as factory fogs and not really offroad lights (if that makes sense). Trying to avoid using upfitter switches totally if I can.
Yes the kits we offer can do that with our pigtails. But I can't tell you which of the pigtails we make to use, unless I know which of our fog kits you are going with.

You are still going to need to use upfitters for the other lights, but at least one pair can be used on the fog switch you plan to install

mblur05

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BlkDia. Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, if you got the MOD bumper from the factory then there isn't a wire harness for the fog lights behind the bumper, **unless you have the front bumper sensors**. If you have the sensors, then you should have the fog light connections. If not, then you need to run wires from C203 harness (inside Driver fender well) by tapping into the two fog wires.

Sounds like you want to do like I did by just adding one set of Fog lights. See my Youtube video below. I designed my own steel brackets and had them laser cut/bent etc., then mounted them inside the pocket using two of the MOD bumper bolts. Being an Engineer and having access to the tools/equipment helps- Lol!

You need to run Forscan to Enable the Fog light functions, then install the OEM Light switch that has Fog light button. Finally, tap into the two wires in C203 harness and mount your lights.

Also, see this thread for more info= https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1869634

This thread shows all the wiring diagrams= https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/page-60#post-1841369

Many lights to choose from, here are the Fog lights I bought, per my Amazon Affiliate Link: https://amzn.to/3u9CWXT

Last edited:

TheAaronPerry

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unfortunately, if you got the MOD bumper from the factory then there isn't a wire harness for the fog lights behind the bumper, **unless you have the front bumper sensors**. If you have the sensors, then you should have the fog light connections. If not, then you need to run wires from C203 harness (inside Driver fender well) by tapping into the two fog wires.

Sounds like you want to do like I did by just adding one set of Fog lights. See my Youtube video below. I designed my own steel brackets and had them laser cut/bent etc., then mounted them inside the pocket using two of the MOD bumper bolts. Being an Engineer and having access to the tools/equipment helps- Lol!

You need to run Forscan to Enable the Fog light functions, then install the OEM Light switch that has Fog light button. Finally, tap into the two wires in C203 harness and mount your lights.

Also, see this thread for more info= https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1869634

This thread shows all the wiring diagrams= https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/page-60#post-1841369

Many lights to choose from, here are the Fog lights I bought, per my Amazon Affiliate Link: https://amzn.to/3u9CWXT

THANKS for the info!!! Very helpful. Yeah I have the sensors so I’m assuming I have the wiring for the fogs. I haven’t checked yet but from all I’ve read they should be there. Either way, thanks a bunch for the reply!!

Sponsored

Robs

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the passenger side and the brown is + for the driver side.
Fog light connector.jpg

Fog light connector spliced.jpg

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.
Connector modification.jpg

Wrapped wires.jpg

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.
IMG_2464.jpg

IMG_2441.jpg

Forscan Update:
I pulled the Forscan settings from this post in the massive fog lights thread. To summarize:
BdyCM Configuration
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
  • Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
  • Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed"
IPC
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"
BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Worth noting that my Forscan extended license expired and apparently you can't renew due to the Russian/Ukranian conflict. Forscan wouldn't let me read the modules, however, I saw in another forum that you can change the date of your Windows laptop to a previous date that was within your 2 month license. That worked perfectly and allowed me to make all the changes. Fog light button works great and the icon lights up in the dash display when in use.

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.
@Diode Dynamics everything, sourced from Panda Motorworks :
  • SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport white driving
Backlights.jpg

All on.jpg

Headlights.jpg

Everything.jpg
Nice work on this mod. I did something similar and worked out nicely using the oem dash switches. Question: do you still have the factory connector that you cut off? It’s a 10 pin plug (but uses only 3 pins for hot,ground and the purple wire ). If you do are you willing to part with it? It should look like this :

IMG_8359.jpeg

IMG_8355.jpeg

OP
OP
UtahBrandon

UtahBrandon

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.puravidaoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
a number of classics and my 4dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice work on this mod. I did something similar and worked out nicely using the oem dash switches. Question: do you still have the factory connector that you cut off? It’s a 10 pin plug (but uses only 3 pins for hot,ground and the purple wire ). If you do are you willing to part with it? It should look like this :

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector IMG_8356

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector IMG_8356

Sorry, but that's long gone :)

SteelSteeds

Badlands
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've just read this whole thread, doing research for what I want to do. At some point I'll go read the Factory Fog Light thread, but at 74 pages and counting, I'm putting that off!

At this point my plan for my 2024 BL is:
DD Triple Light kit with flush brackets.
One light wired to new Light switch/harness/Forscan updates (I'll need to figure out C203, I have no sensors)
Remaining two wired to separate Upfitter switches

The one point I'm a little unclear on is the amber backlighting. I'm a fan, and want to enable that feature, but I know it's been wired a bit differently by different users.
I want them to come on automatically, but don't necessarily want them on any time the vehicle is on.
Given that, I'm guessing they can be wired in tandem with the DRLs, or to come on with parking lights/headlights. If the 3 lights are all amber, but you then turn on the fogs, do the other 2 stay amber backlit?
Can you turn on the fogs from the factory fog light switch if the headlights are not on?

For those that have the backlit lights, what results have you had?
Thank you!

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've just read this whole thread, doing research for what I want to do. At some point I'll go read the Factory Fog Light thread, but at 74 pages and counting, I'm putting that off!

One light wired to new Light switch/harness/Forscan updates (I'll need to figure out C203, I have no sensors)

The one point I'm a little unclear on is the amber backlighting. I'm a fan, and want to enable that feature, but I know it's been wired a bit differently by different users.
I want them to come on automatically, but don't necessarily want them on any time the vehicle is on.
Given that, I'm guessing they can be wired in tandem with the DRLs, or to come on with parking lights/headlights. If the 3 lights are all amber, but you then turn on the fogs, do the other 2 stay amber backlit?
Can you turn on the fogs from the factory fog light switch if the headlights are not on?

Thank you!
Wire them to an upfitter. This way you can turn them off when you need to. If you ever need that upfitter in the future THEN you can find a new spot, but for now I'd recommend doing that. Easier and better since you can control it.

NOW is a good time to get that fog kit, as we have on sale right now. 15% off with coupon code MARCH15

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack, 2023 F-150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm thrilled to announce that I've successfully installed my Baja Design triple fog light kit! Special thanks are in order to this informative thread and to @SPVPARTS for their invaluable assistance in ensuring I had all the necessary components for a seamless installation. With the comprehensive light harnesses provided, the installation process was a breeze. I've seamlessly integrated my Squadron light with the factory fog light switch using the harness from SPV, while the S2 Pro and Sport lights are now effortlessly controlled via an auxiliary switch.

DA201924-C409-42A4-85BD-EF3E8181CDF4.jpeg

Sponsored

SteelSteeds

Badlands
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wire them to an upfitter. This way you can turn them off when you need to. If you ever need that upfitter in the future THEN you can find a new spot, but for now I'd recommend doing that. Easier and better since you can control it.

NOW is a good time to get that fog kit, as we have on sale right now. 15% off with coupon code MARCH15
While that is true, I know I'd rarely turn them on if I had to flip the switch every time. Another company makes a harness that plugs into the headlight harness to run power to accessory LEDs. I'll probably try that, I'm just curious how that will work as far as when the backlight will be active.
And yes, I will try to wrap up my exhaustive research in time to take advantage of your sale. 🙃
I also really appreciate that you allow so many different options as far as choosing the combination of lights for the set. I'm leaning toward your #2 recommendation.
My only real sticking point right now is which bracket I want to use, and being a bit unsure about the upside-down mounting required for the SSC2s.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

While that is true, I know I'd rarely turn them on if I had to flip the switch every time. Another company makes a harness that plugs into the headlight harness to run power to accessory LEDs. I'll probably try that, I'm just curious how that will work as far as when the backlight will be active.
And yes, I will try to wrap up my exhaustive research in time to take advantage of your sale. 🙃
I also really appreciate that you allow so many different options as far as choosing the combination of lights for the set. I'm leaning toward your #2 recommendation.
My only real sticking point right now is which bracket I want to use, and being a bit unsure about the upside-down mounting required for the SSC2s.
upside down? You just flip the lenses around is all

SteelSteeds

Badlands
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
upside down? You just flip the lenses around is all
And isn't the reason the lenses need to be flipped is that you are mounting the light upside down?
That was my understanding from one of the threads I read.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

And isn't the reason the lenses need to be flipped is that you are mounting the light upside down?
That was my understanding from one of the threads I read.
yeah - all kits have the lights upside down - the ss3 fan be flipped without doing anything but the ssc2 fog you just rotate the lenses around - easy

SPVPARTS

Badlands
Lux Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Thank you!
Hello!

We have everything you need to accomplish exactly what you are wanting to do with your lights. Best of all, it is all plug-and-play with our patented harness system!
If you want to run your backlights with your parking/marker lights and retain all OEM functions with them (activates when you open/close/lock/unlock the doors and with "welcome lighting" when approaching), then you would just want to add our Marker Adapter Harness to any of our light kits. Our fog harness will just connect with the backlight harness and it's all plug and play.

If you are wanting to run one pair to the fog connector and the other two pairs to one or two switches, I can absolutely create that kit for you, so you don't have to get the kit with just the triple fog harness running to the switches. Our harness system is very versatile, so we can customize the way you want your lights to run in multiple different ways, all without cutting, splicing, or permanently modifying the vehicle.

Here are some links to those products:
SPV Parts 2021+ Bronco - Diode Dynamics Fog Light Kit w/amber backlight - Including Brackets/Harness (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

SPV Parts Harness System Bronco (& Bronco Raptor) Parking/Headlight Connector Adapter (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

3 Pole WP Connector Adapters to Bronco PREP Fog Connector with Backlight Port (specialtyperformanceparts.com)

We also have a lot of videos showing product overviews and complete install walkthroughs on our YouTube Channel here:
SPV Parts YouTube Channel

Please feel free to call or text me if I can help walk you through any of this, answer any questions you may have, or even if you need help building a cart. I am happy to help in any way possible. Here is my direct line for call or text: (317) 934-6778

I hope to get the opportunity to help you with this!

Thanks!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
[email protected]
Specialty Performance Parts | SPV Parts | Ford Performance Parts
Sponsored