Threads
Reaction score
Website
specialtyperformanceparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Raptor/Bronco/Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thrilled to announce that I've successfully installed my Baja Design triple fog light kit! Special thanks are in order to this informative thread and to @SPVPARTS for their invaluable assistance in ensuring I had all the necessary components for a seamless installation. With the comprehensive light harnesses provided, the installation process was a breeze. I've seamlessly integrated my Squadron light with the factory fog light switch using the harness from SPV, while the S2 Pro and Sport lights are now effortlessly controlled via an auxiliary switch.

DA201924-C409-42A4-85BD-EF3E8181CDF4.jpeg
That looks great! I'm so happy to hear your install was seamless and easy with our plug-and-play harness system!

Thank you so much for sharing your picture and your experience and thank you for allowing us to earn your business! We truly appreciate you!

If we can ever be of assistance with anything else, please just let us know.

Cheers!
Sidney @ SPV Parts
(317) 934-6778
[email protected]
Specialty Performance Parts | SPV Parts | Ford Performance Parts
Sponsored

mblur05

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco BlkDia. Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I've just read this whole thread, doing research for what I want to do. At some point I'll go read the Factory Fog Light thread, but at 74 pages and counting, I'm putting that off!

At this point my plan for my 2024 BL is:
DD Triple Light kit with flush brackets.
One light wired to new Light switch/harness/Forscan updates (I'll need to figure out C203, I have no sensors)
Remaining two wired to separate Upfitter switches

The one point I'm a little unclear on is the amber backlighting. I'm a fan, and want to enable that feature, but I know it's been wired a bit differently by different users.
I want them to come on automatically, but don't necessarily want them on any time the vehicle is on.
Given that, I'm guessing they can be wired in tandem with the DRLs, or to come on with parking lights/headlights. If the 3 lights are all amber, but you then turn on the fogs, do the other 2 stay amber backlit?
Can you turn on the fogs from the factory fog light switch if the headlights are not on?

For those that have the backlit lights, what results have you had?
Thank you!
Check out my post here and my Youtube video I made where I add wiring to tap the Factory Fog wire harness & add the OEM Fog swtich.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ected-to-factory-connector.40448/post-2149966

Two other posts with more info/links:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1869634

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-1841369

For Backlighting option, like others suggested, just use one of the Aux switches to control them.

YES you can turn on the Fogs without the headlights on, its a change in Forscan. See this post for Forscan settings:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/factory-fog-light-switch.22937/post-870566

We have plenty of helpful info here. It's actually not that difficult to hook everything up.

Last edited:

NoSadLands

Badlands
First Name
Samuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thrilled to announce that I've successfully installed my Baja Design triple fog light kit! Special thanks are in order to this informative thread and to @SPVPARTS for their invaluable assistance in ensuring I had all the necessary components for a seamless installation. With the comprehensive light harnesses provided, the installation process was a breeze. I've seamlessly integrated my Squadron light with the factory fog light switch using the harness from SPV, while the S2 Pro and Sport lights are now effortlessly controlled via an auxiliary switch.

DA201924-C409-42A4-85BD-EF3E8181CDF4.jpeg
Might be looking too in depth at this but I can only find the 2022 fog light switch. Did the older model factory switch that you found work or did you find a 2024 one online?

Alvashevchenko

Outer Banks
First Name
Aleksei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xc60
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you guys for your thorough instructions install was really easy to do and from start to finish took me about 1hr. 30 minutes of which was to repin factory covers on fog light harness.

some photos along the way

photo_2024-03-25_21-47-20.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-47-18.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-47-15.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-47-10.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-47-04.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-59.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-47.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-41.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-40.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-21.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-17.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-12.jpg

photo_2024-03-25_21-46-07.jpg

Mrchoochoo

Outer Banks
First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even after reading page after page of how to wire fog lights to the Badlands mod bumper with Lux, I still had questions, so I thought I'd post pics for anyone else trying this. This assumes you have the factory wiring harness/plug buried in your bumper.

Remove the plastic covers over the recover points and you can easily access the factory harness connector. It's held in place by a plastic clip which is kind of a bitch to release, but keep at it from the backside and you can get it to release. I cut off the factory connector and used waterproof soldered butt connectors to splice in a new black and red wire that would reach the new Diode Dynamics fog lights. The yellow with orange stripe is the + for the passenger side and the brown is + for the driver side.
Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector photo_2024-03-25_21-46-07

Ford Bronco Updated:Fog lights added and connected to factory connector photo_2024-03-25_21-46-07

I didn't have the proper Deutsch style wiring connectors to plug my new red and black wires into the existing Deutsch connector, so I just cut the (+ and -) wires coming out of the connector, leaving a pigtail, and used another pair of waterproof soldered butt connectors to tie the wiring together. This also allowed me to leave the existing purple wire untouched, which powers the backlights and merges with all of the other purple wires and leads to a fuse tap I added to the fuse box.

Tonight I'll be in Forscan enabling the settings for the new factory Fog light switch I replaced to actually make them work.

Edit to add the switch I ordered - M2DZ-11654-DA. Took about 10 days for delivery through my local dealership. I don't have an interest in rear fogs, so this one is perfect.

Forscan Update:
I pulled the Forscan settings from this post in the massive fog lights thread. To summarize:
BdyCM Configuration
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled".
  • Fog Lamp Switch - change this to "Enabled"
  • Using Front Fog With High Beam - "Allowed"
IPC
  • Front fog lamps - change this to "Enabled"
BdyCM (As-Built Configuration)
  • 726-42-01-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx - Change the green value to 0101
Worth noting that my Forscan extended license expired and apparently you can't renew due to the Russian/Ukranian conflict. Forscan wouldn't let me read the modules, however, I saw in another forum that you can change the date of your Windows laptop to a previous date that was within your 2 month license. That worked perfectly and allowed me to make all the changes. Fog light button works great and the icon lights up in the dash display when in use.

Here's the headlights only vs. "Everything on". By the way, I didn't think I'd love the amber backlighting as much as I do. They look awesome.
@Diode Dynamics everything, sourced from Panda Motorworks :
  • SS3 Sport Amber fogs
  • SS2 Pro white combo
  • SS2 Sport white driving

I love the lights...looks great and appreciate the details on your project. I'm a new Bronco owner and replaced the stock plastic bumper for an aftermarket steel bumper that has led fog lights Installed in them. Can I just use the factory harness and cut off the pigtail and wire the new lights to the harness?. If I can will they turn on with the factory fog light switch?. Would I have to use forscan?..I'm not too tech savvy and don't understand all the programming stuff. Advice and suggestions is appreciated
Sponsored